Statue Pablo V. & Andy B. New Sideshow Hulk PF with Variants!!! 1/4 scale !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BS! I saw you down those pint glasses spilling it everywhere flaunting the copious amounts of eggnog you had. If you didn't have your abs on display I could have saved myself the pain and left sooner!

Haha hilarious. People won't understand the abs comment but I do. Awesome

Shame on you...addict!

I knew you'd get all three, surprised you hadn't already ordered :rotfl

I'm just a sucker for throwing away money. I talked so much **** about Hulk Rainbow and now I'm a member.

Haha hilarious. People won't understand the abs comment but I do. Awesome

I'm just a sucker for throwing away money. I talked so much **** about Hulk Rainbow and now I'm a member.

I remember that whole G Hulk abs conversation haha

Haha. Rainbow Hulk Elite!

From Andy's FB,

10377523_846614935352874_6184660116263730086_n.jpg

1510475_846614938686207_7641717037858839625_n.jpg

10378222_846614968686204_1627314355946780075_n.jpg

10154926_846614965352871_5323997261285558592_n.jpg

10369921_846614995352868_8870234863428833467_n.jpg

10309207_846615008686200_5255787682997528379_n.jpg

Nice to see Andy B doing digital sculpt, those are some really amazing work. Interesting to see the modern Green Head did originally have nice skin texture, but the 3D printer couldn't capture it all hence why it ends up looking so smooth.
The skin texture on Kirby green and Grey is so awesome, gonna save these pics for future reference, thanks for sharing :hi5:

--

Last edited:
Nice to see Andy B doing digital sculpt, those are some really amazing work. Interesting to see the modern Green Head did originally have nice skin texture, but the 3D printer couldn't capture it all hence why it ends up looking so smooth.
The skin texture on Kirby green and Grey is so awesome, gonna save these pics for future reference, thanks for sharing :hi5:

--

I saw that he was doing digital sculpts when he did Superman. I will say that I love seeing traditional sculpting just a little more than digital sculpts. Having your hands in the clay is a little different than using a mouse. I will say about the Reg Hulk sculpt that the details COULD be there in the final product. We don't have great pics of that head up close, and the texturing is far more subdued.

I saw that he was doing digital sculpts when he did Superman. I will say that I love seeing traditional sculpting just a little more than digital sculpts. Having your hands in the clay is a little different than using a mouse. I will say about the Reg Hulk sculpt that the details COULD be there in the final product. We don't have great pics of that head up close, and the texturing is far more subdued.

Nowadays digital sculpting feels really authentic. With tradition you would use a sculpting utensil anyway, with digital you would use a wacom pen sculpting right on top of the screen, the digital clay behaves the same way as real life inside the virtual 3D space, the experience actually feels really great.

There's no way masters like Andy B and Rick Baker etc would ever convert to digital sculpting if it didn't feel so real and allow them to utilize their talents to the max.

I would compare the experience to playing acoustic guitar vs electric guitar. You definitely need the same skills to play both instruments, and both feels so authentic albeit still different enough in what you can do with them that you can't say one is better then the other.

--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nowadays digital sculpting feels really authentic. With tradition you would use a sculpting utensil anyway, with digital you would use a wacom pen sculpting right on top of the screen, the digital clay behaves the same way as real life inside the virtual 3D space, the experience actually feels really great.

There's no way masters like Andy B and Rick Baker etc would ever convert to digital sculpting if it didn't feel so real and allow them to utilize their talents to the max.

I would compare the experience to playing acoustic guitar vs electric guitar. You definitely need the same skills to play both instruments, and both feels so authentic albeit still different enough in what you can do with them that you can't say one is better then the other.

--

Hmmm, having played guitar myself and created art both pencil and paper (33 years) and clay (1 month) I would say that your analogy is a little faulty. I had a student tell me he knew how to play the bass guitar because he had learned on the IPad, and I will admit it made some great sounds, but when I handed him a real axe he couldn't play a lick. Not a single note and he kept complaining his fingers were sore. Now a great guitar player could pick up the iPad and just kill it, but the inverse isn't always true. Now I do get that Rick Baker and Andy B can KILL a clay sculpt and then take that same knowledge and kill a zbrush piece. However, I don't necessarily think a Zbrush artist could do the same.

Speaking for myself after 33 years of creating the illusion of 3D muscles and form on paper (only getting fairly good in the last 10) there is something very different about holding a lump of clay in my hands, and trying to actually make those same 3D forms I have been studying for the last 33 years come to life so to speak. Honestly, if you haven't done it I can't really explain it other than to say it is a wholy different way of creating something when you can actually feel it in your hands and watch it form with tools. Now, I get that the masters are simply using a tool that is available to them... Most likely a Wacom Cintique tablet... And I don't blame them as they may have to make multiple variations on a design, and it is a hell of a lot easier to hit CTL +C than to brake out the armature wire and Sculpey. However, seeing Steve S scrapping off the clay from his Godzilla Maq, and build it up scale by scale... Well that was damn impressive....lol:wink1:

P.S. for all we know these are cleaned up 3D scans of pieces he did in wax or clay, and then scanned.

Last edited:
I'm confused.
Were these portraits created in digital form then 3D printed?
Didn't we see W.I.P pictures with the head being worked on? I think it was taking the shape of the Rulk portrait?

Ignore my dumbness if that is just a digital representation of the finished piece and had nothing to do with 3D printing.

I've got my block of Sculpey and some tools, now thinking of ideas.
The human form is far too complicated so i'm thinking about some portrait stands.

Here's a little something I have been working on. It's practically a masterpiece. For personal commissions PM me. I have him available in red and grey too. Just as much detail as my green

hulk-stuffs-012.jpg

--

Doing digital art and traditional art is in no way comparable to the difference between Acoustic and Electric guitar seeing as both guitars are still manually operated and use the same fundamental principles.

Hmmm, having played guitar myself and created art both pencil and paper (33 years) and clay (1 month) I would say that your analogy is a little faulty. I had a student tell me he knew how to play the bass guitar because he had learned on the IPad, and I will admit it made some great sounds, but when I handed him a real axe he couldn't play a lick. Not a single note and he kept complaining his fingers were sore. Now a great guitar player could pick up the iPad and just kill it, but the inverse isn't always true. Now I do get that Rick Baker and Andy B can KILL a clay sculpt and then take that same knowledge and kill a zbrush piece. However, I don't necessarily think a Zbrush artist could do the same.

Speaking for myself after 33 years of creating the illusion of 3D muscles and form on paper (only getting fairly good in the last 10) there is something very different about holding a lump of clay in my hands, and trying to actually make those same 3D forms I have been studying for the last 33 years come to life so to speak. Honestly, if you haven't done it I can't really explain it other than to say it is a wholy different way of creating something when you can actually feel it in your hands and watch it form with tools. Now, I get that the masters are simply using a tool that is available to them... Most likely a Wacom Cintique tablet... And I don't blame them as they may have to make multiple variations on a design, and it is a hell of a lot easier to hit CTL +C than to brake out the armature wire and Sculpey. However, seeing Steve S scrapping off the clay from his Godzilla Maq, and build it up scale by scale... Well that was damn impressive....lol:wink1:

P.S. for all we know these are cleaned up 3D scans of pieces he did in wax or clay, and then scanned.

Agreed, having done both traditional and digital art the two are not equal in the skills it takes to create them. They both have their eccentricities and just because you can do one, does not mean you will be able to easily pick up the other. That being said the fact that Andy can do both, is pretty awesome.

I'm confused.
Were these portraits created in digital form then 3D printed?
Didn't we see W.I.P pictures with the head being worked on? I think it was taking the shape of the Rulk portrait?

Ignore my dumbness if that is just a digital representation of the finished piece and had nothing to do with 3D printing.

I've got my block of Sculpey and some tools, now thinking of ideas.
The human form is far too complicated so i'm thinking about some portrait stands.

I don't believe Andy B. used a digital printer. I know some sculptors use a digital sculpting program so not to waste materials. Basically making a blueprint and then replicating that in clay before sending it off to be cast.

Your transition is more about going from 2D to 3D though, I've also been through that road and it takes a whole different kind of thinking. The difference between traditional 3D and digital 3D requires the same kind of thinking, it's simply a different tool. I will agree that it feels totally different to have clay in your hands, but Zbrush is in no way like playing iPad bass, I really don't think any self respectable bassist would care much about iPad bass.

Honestly if someone can do a killer Zbrush sculpt but never touched clay in his whole life, you give him enough time to get used to the clay and I'm certain he can pull off the same level of sculpt in real life, it's all about getting used to what's in your hands. Mediocre skills will only get you a mediocre sculpt, doesn't matter if it's digital or not. Zbrush is a powerful software created by artists, it's designed to utilize the exact same skill set as real life sculpting, it in itself is a masterpiece and I can't think of one master sculptor today who doesn't condone it.

Doing digital art and traditional art is in no way comparable to the difference between Acoustic and Electric guitar seeing as both guitars are still manually operated and use the same fundamental principles.

Agreed, having done both traditional and digital art the two are not equal in the skills it takes to create them. They both have their eccentricities and just because you can do one, does not mean you will be able to easily pick up the other. That being said the fact that Andy can do both, is pretty awesome.

They are also comparable in a way that electric guitar never replaced acoustic, and over time people accept that electric guitar also takes skills and can sometimes take things to a new direction.

Digital sculpting does use the same fundamentals as clay, you can't do a killer sculpt without having the chops, there's no way around it. The tools are different but that's just a learning curve, the difference is much smaller then what people are willing to admit. When you look at Andy B's digital sculpt, the computer doesn't make him better, he really is that good.

It's funny that it's the artists who are excited about using these new tools, the fans are the ones who don't seem to accept it.

-

Last edited:
Back