Statue Pablo V. & Andy B. New Sideshow Hulk PF with Variants!!! 1/4 scale !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your transition is more about going from 2D to 3D though, I've also been through that road and it takes a whole different kind of thinking. The difference between traditional 3D and digital 3D requires the same kind of thinking, it's simply a different tool. I will agree that it feels totally different to have clay in your hands, but Zbrush is in no way like playing iPad bass, I really don't think any self respectable bassist would care much about iPad bass.

Honestly if someone can do a killer Zbrush sculpt but never touched clay in his whole life, you give him enough time to get used to the clay and I'm certain he can pull off the same level of sculpt in real life, it's all about getting used to what's in your hands. Mediocre skills will only get you a mediocre sculpt, doesn't matter if it's digital or not. Zbrush is a powerful software created by artists, it's designed to utilize the exact same skill set as real life sculpting, it in itself is a masterpiece and I can't think of one master sculptor today who doesn't condone it.

They are also comparable in a way that electric guitar never replaced acoustic, and over time people accept that electric guitar also takes skills and can sometimes take things to a new direction.

Digital sculpting does use the same fundamentals as clay, you can't do a killer sculpt without having the chops, there's no way around it. The tools are different but that's just a learning curve, the difference is much smaller then what people are willing to admit. When you look at Andy B's digital sculpt, the computer doesn't make him better, he really is that good.

It's funny that it's the artists who are excited about using these new tools, the fans are the ones who don't seem to accept it.

-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My point about guitar is that if you can play an acoustic you can play an electric. The chords don't change, only the sound while playing them due to the sonic differences. The difference between the two isn't quite as drastic as going from traditional medium to digital medium or vice versa. And while you say they both use the same skills navigating Zbrush is quite a bit different than knowing which tool to pick up off your table or even which angle to hold it at to get the desired effect. I'm not downing the digital medium mind you, just stating the differences. It's the same differences between actual painting and digital painting. Just because you can use a color selector doesn't mean you can mix oils and just because you know the exact pressure on canvas to do a two tone stroke doesn't mean you can navigate through the tools on paintshop pro or even set the pressures correctly with ease. Both have their place and their uses and will never truly replace the other. I do agree mastering traditional mediums make digital ones easier to use but it doesn't make the transition from one to the other any easier and people who can do both with ease, well I find that to be a great accomplishment.

My point about guitar is that if you can play an acoustic you can play an electric. The chords don't change, only the sound while playing them due to the sonic differences. The difference between the two isn't quite as drastic as going from traditional medium to digital medium or vice versa. And while you say they both use the same skills navigating Zbrush is quite a bit different than knowing which tool to pick up off your table or even which angle to hold it at to get the desired effect. I'm not downing the digital medium mind you, just stating the differences. It's the same differences between actual painting and digital painting. Just because you can use a color selector doesn't mean you can mix oils and just because you know the exact pressure on canvas to do a two tone stroke doesn't mean you can navigate through the tools on paintshop pro or even set the pressures correctly with ease. Both have their place and their uses and will never truly replace the other. I do agree mastering traditional mediums make digital ones easier to use but it doesn't make the transition from one to the other any easier and people who can do both with ease, well I find that to be a great accomplishment.

Yep this is where I was trying to get to ... lol

@Spidey976, ASDF,izunadrop

I appreciate the kind words and your interest in my Hulk. Unfortunately comissions are no longer being accepted as I have run out of Play-doh. Please stay tuned for future commissions of mine as Hulk was a smash hit :hi5:

I appreciate the kind words and your interest in my Hulk. Unfortunately comissions are no longer being accepted as I have run out of Play-doh. Please stay tuned for future commissions of mine as Hulk was a smash hit :hi5:

homer-simpson-doh.gif

To WALMART WITH YOU!!!!

A poem for you all:

Big green mass of rage,
as if I'm stuck in a cage.
I really really want it,
And I'm glad I bought it.
But the wait,
Will surely seal my fate. X_X

Ordered using points only owe $195 after nrd... This is going to be awhile...was very tempted to get a statue nearly paid in full...but I didn't think I would be able to get this otherwise

Does anyone think this will fit in a Besta? Is it to big in depth?

Trying to workout to either go with a Pax or Besta's. Besta's would be much better but I've got an idea this big green dude won't fit :/

Last edited:
Back