Palpatine 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
27.jpg

This is the best picture EVER taken of this bust. I never saw ROTJ Palpatine in the bust until this pic, and this one looks like a freakin' movie still! AMAZING!!!

It's totally a Jedi bust with the hood up, the eye sockets don't look as deep and the jawline is much more slender. The complexious is pale as it should be too, some of the photos don't convey that, the paints behave quite interestingly with the camera. A lot of shots make the red in his eye sockets look like a deep red, almost maroon, but they're much more subdued and paler in person. Other than the colors for his iris, and it's only the colors that are an issue with the eyes and they look great otherwise, this bust is flawless in my mind, I absolutely love it.

Just received mine today, and I have to say this is my favorite bust in my collection after having all the Star Wars Busts and a select few of other busts. This piece is freaking amazing if you can put it in the right light and the paint job is so realistic most pictures don't convey it. When I finally get my room done I will have to post some pics with the Droids I got coming. :r2d2line

Two words for ya

Grie Vous

oh don't worry, he's next for me, I've been ecstatic since the tease image, and once he's finall available, crossing fingers SDCC, I'll go ballistic. I know a lot of folks weren't fans of him in the movie, but I love the movie design and a 1:1 bust, especially if they get all the cool detail in the eye sockets with the slime and all, will be amazing. After that, Kenobi's all that's left on my want list.

oh don't worry, he's next for me, I've been ecstatic since the tease image, and once he's finall available, crossing fingers SDCC, I'll go ballistic. I know a lot of folks weren't fans of him in the movie, but I love the movie design and a 1:1 bust, especially if they get all the cool detail in the eye sockets with the slime and all, will be amazing. After that, Kenobi's all that's left on my want list.

I don't even care how much that thing costs, I'll get it from Adam or Mike the day it goes up for order. That bust may be the big purchase that pushes Marvel out the door though :monkey2

I don't even care how much that thing costs, I'll get it from Adam or Mike the day it goes up for order. That bust may be the big purchase that pushes Marvel out the door though :monkey2

It's tough to judge. If I remember the image correctly, it looked like basically from his collar up. I'll have to dig up some movie images with him near a person, I don't think he'd be too much bigger, so the bust would probably come in $500-$600, I don't think it should hit Predator prices, I hope not anyway.

I ^^^^ing hate you guys and I ^^^^ing hate your awesome pictures :emperor:emperor:emperor

Hey, we're just visual messengers, hate Sideshow for making such a great representation of him.

Hate the game not the player.

Hey, we're just visual messengers, hate Sideshow for making such a great representation of him.

Hate the game not the player.

I still don't understand why SS doesn't have a section where people can post pics of their collection. Think how many more products they'd be able to sell with free advertising from their fans.

I still don't understand why SS doesn't have a section where people can post pics of their collection. Think how many more products they'd be able to sell with free advertising from their fans.

Well, I imagine they don't want to devote resources to sifting through submissions, I'm sure there'd be plenty of innappropriate submissions that had to be dealt with.

Yeah so i thought i might sell mine once I got it, just wasen't buying the pictures but all i can say is that i just got mine and wow, it's pretty damn cool.

Back