Palpatine 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he finally arrived... the box is kind of flimsy, and i hate to vacuum the room again to get all the styrofoam off the floor. but he is insane looking and kind of creepy. here's a couple pics i took with my phone. i need to get a decent photo editing software to clean this stuff up.
PalpatineBust2.jpg

PalpatineBust3.jpg

PalpatineBust4.jpg

Hairlesswookiee can you show more pics of the bust with out the hood
thank's

In all your honest opinions, do you think this bust will be had for less in the future? My waitlist just converted and I need to know if it blows you guys away in person. I have Maul and I love that bust but this one is not looking so hot in some pictures. I love Palpatine as a character but I don't want a bust that will disappoint me. What are your thoughts?

In all your honest opinions, do you think this bust will be had for less in the future? My waitlist just converted and I need to know if it blows you guys away in person. I have Maul and I love that bust but this one is not looking so hot in some pictures. I love Palpatine as a character but I don't want a bust that will disappoint me. What are your thoughts?

I love the character, especially the design of his deformed state and his presence in ROTJ. In my opinion, if you futz the hood properly to match ROTJ, he looks phenominal and is worth having in your collection. I really think if you get him you won't be dissappointed as long as you really enjoy the character. It's not a bust where you don't even have to know the character to be wowed by it, it's just a wrinkly old man in a hood, but if you love the character, it's the perfect embodiment of him.

I love the character, especially the design of his deformed state and his presence in ROTJ. In my opinion, if you futz the hood properly to match ROTJ, he looks phenominal and is worth having in your collection. I really think if you get him you won't be dissappointed as long as you really enjoy the character. It's not a bust where you don't even have to know the character to be wowed by it, it's just a wrinkly old man in a hood, but if you love the character, it's the perfect embodiment of him.

Thanks Maulfan, that was really helpful! :rock :duff

I do love the character but I think I am going to hold off for now. Your pics were amazing but at the same time there was/is still something throwing me off about this bust. In the past I would have gone for it anyway but now-a-days I try to avoid buying things that I am not 100% pleased with because the end result is that I usually just end up having to sell said item.

Maybe this will grow on me later and I can still pick it up but for now with only a little hesitation on my part, I think it's a pass.

Thanks Maulfan, that was really helpful! :rock :duff

I do love the character but I think I am going to hold off for now. Your pics were amazing but at the same time there was/is still something throwing me off about this bust. In the past I would have gone for it anyway but now-a-days I try to avoid buying things that I am not 100% pleased with because the end result is that I usually just end up having to sell said item.

Maybe this will grow on me later and I can still pick it up but for now with only a little hesitation on my part, I think it's a pass.

Are you going to Comic Con? I'm sure they'll have it on display there, he hasn't been shown off at a con yet.

Are you going to Comic Con? I'm sure they'll have it on display there, he hasn't been shown off at a con yet.

No, unfortunately I won't be able to make it to Comic Con. I would love to go but it just isn't in the cards this year.

The thing I would love to see when I look at this bust is pure evil and hate. In certain lighting I get that from this bust but in some photos it is as you said an old man with a hood on.

The thing I would love to see when I look at this bust is pure evil and hate. In certain lighting I get that from this bust but in some photos it is as you said an old man with a hood on.

Ah, well if that's what you're looking for, I don't think this bust will be for you. In standard lighting, he looks more about to bark orders, but as you say, with creative lighting he looks like he's going to ^^^^ you up.

The hood looks a little weird, but the face is pretty cool. Obviously this isn't completely accurate, but it's not like you can't tell who it is.

The hood looks a little weird, but the face is pretty cool. Obviously this isn't completely accurate, but it's not like you can't tell who it is.

On the contrary, maybe it's lost in photos, but in person, it's accurrate and the hood looks just as it should, but most people seem to be just throwing it up on him with minimal futzing or like the frayed look.

I just got this news from SS CS last night. Hope it don't take that long :emperor

"As per your question on the Palpatine Life-Sized Bust (item# 2955) you should receive an email notifying you on your processing date within the next three weeks."

On the contrary, maybe it's lost in photos, but in person, it's accurrate and the hood looks just as it should, but most people seem to be just throwing it up on him with minimal futzing or like the frayed look.

I don't have any real issues with the hood either, and the clasp is a very nice add-on (which does intrigue me due to the MR release); but I do think he could use a touch more heft to his face.

Not parting with mine though. :emperor

Back