1/6 Pangaea 1/6 Greek General collectable figure All New pictures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea thats the only slight niggle is the work although not massive, you have to do for the outlay in price. Im still waiting to hear back from a few sellers in china/hong Kong...hopefully will grab him soon.

Yep not exactly setting the world on fire out of the box. I'll go ahead and pick it up but it's going to need to be heavily modified--body swap, repainted, rehaired, outfit washed and weathered, etc. But first I need to know how the whole helmet thing is going to work.

Creg has mentioned it, but not sure if ACI has confirmed. Anyway sometimes these things have a way of disappearing. So since a rep has been chiming in it would be nice to get a reconfirmation on Hector and timeline if possible.

Which body are you thinking of using? I have a COO Toys tall body on pre-order.

As for Hector, if the sales of Achilles are very affected, I guess they might cancel him.

Did you take a look at Neny Dee's review yet? The black paint really helps. Wish I knew how to paint :/

Just watched the review. Looks pretty good with the paint apps. For those who want to do this but are afraid or don't know how to airbrush, drybrush is a great technique. One thing that really helps when doing any painting is to thin out your paint. Don't take it straight from the bottle. Better to go over it twice than to get heavy brush strokes. Just practice on some paper. You're not doing involved detail work. You'll be surprised what you can do.

Yea check Neny Dee's review.

Mate painting this will be easy. Just get some acrylics and hand paint it. Like Neny said, you could prob just get away with the helmet. I wouldnt let that put you off if your thinking of grabbing one.

But the way he does it with the paint is so that a little bit of gold still shines through. I hope I don't **** it up too much. Will definitely give it a try.

Just watched the review. Looks pretty good with the paint apps. For those who want to do this but are afraid or don't know how to airbrush, drybrush is a great technique. One thing that really helps when doing any painting is to thin out your paint. Don't take it straight from the bottle. Better to go over it twice than to get heavy brush strokes. Just practice on some paper. You're not doing involved detail work. You'll be surprised what you can do.

How thin should it be? 3 parts paint 1 part water? Acrylic is soluble in water right? I'll probably need to foam or double tape the helmet closer to his face too. Might look better overall.

But the way he does it with the paint is so that a little bit of gold still shines through. I hope I don't **** it up too much. Will definitely give it a try.

How thin should it be? 3 parts paint 1 part water? Acrylic is soluble in water right? I'll probably need to foam or double tape the helmet closer to his face too. Might look better overall.

Use acrylic thinner, not water. 4 or 5 to one is probably good enough. Doesn't need to be too runny. If you want the gold to show through on the helmet, wipe off most of the black from the brush and just lightly go back and forth over the surface. Or paint the whole helmet balck, and then go very lightly over the black with gold. Might be easier. A little paint goes a long way.

What id do is around 4 to 1, get a decent small brush and blott the paint on . Dont overload the brush and add thin layers leaving some areas gold if you wish, gradually building up the dark tones until you get the desired look. Once you have done on the shield and helmet, get some matt finish to seal it. A few coats of matt should give it a bit of a shine which should help give a metal look.

Just try it out on some paper or card first.

There is no right or wrong way but if you apply the coats thin, you will find what looks best and it will give good depth.

Use acrylic thinner, not water. 4 or 5 to one is probably good enough. Doesn't need to be too runny. If you want the gold to show through on the helmet, wipe off most of the black from the brush and just lightly go back and forth over the surface. Or paint the whole helmet balck, and then go very lightly over the black with gold. Might be easier. A little paint goes a long way.

Ah alright! I guess I can do that. Don't seem all that hard. I'll probably go with little black on the gold, just so I can work with it easier.

What id do is around 4 to 1, get a decent small brush and blott the paint on . Dont overload the brush and add thin layers leaving some areas gold if you wish, gradually building up the dark tones until you get the desired look. Once you have done on the shield and helmet, get some matt finish to seal it. A few coats of matt should give it a bit of a shine which should help give a metal look.

Just try it out on some paper or card first.

There is no right or wrong way but if you apply the coats thin, you will find what looks best and it will give good depth.

The matt finish...is it a spray or I'd have to use a brush? Definitely gonna go for a lot of thin coats. Will try on paper to see.

Its in a spray can. It will seal it and a few coats will give a little shine. you could gloss coat it but I think it may be to much.

Iv just ordered mine. hopefully have him in around a week all being well :)

Its in a spray can. It will seal it and a few coats will give a little shine. you could gloss coat it but I think it may be to much.

Iv just ordered mine. hopefully have him in around a week all being well :)

Oh okay cool. I can find those. I think gloss coating it will be weird. And I like matte finishes. Lol. Please photograph him a lot. We lack in hand pictures. :D

Thanks a bunch, guys.

In the video I thought he stated he used an airbrush, but I'm reading people using normal brushes. What's the best route to go?

So now my question is whether the helmet will not only be corrected size wise, but also paint wise as well? Also, do we have to contact the business where we purchased or are they just going to ship us the new helmet when it arrives without us having to do anything?

A new sculpted , better and smaller one. We will also look into the matter of the color.
They will be shipped seperately to your local retailers/distributors around 2nd Quarter of 2015. So, please contact them for details when they will be ready!
Thanks

So now my question is whether the helmet will not only be corrected size wise, but also paint wise as well? Also, do we have to contact the business where we purchased or are they just going to ship us the new helmet when it arrives without us having to do anything?

Mines on the way. Will post some pics as soon as hes here. Tessjess on the tube has it and reviewed it and seemed impressed with it. I didnt realize the sword is metal ?

A new sculpted , better and smaller one. We will also look into the matter of the color.
They will be shipped seperately to your local retailers/distributors around 2nd Quarter of 2015. So, please contact them for details when they will be ready!
Thanks

I'll have to contact BBTS and see if I can hold one in a Pile of Loot until the new head is ready. Has work started on Hector? Any idea of timeframe?

Did anyone check out this photo review? Finally. Somebody who CAN pose the guy properly. Sorry I can't post the links as I am on Tapatalk. And for the life of me, I can't figure this thing out.

3c9237de9b7ac93b3e863b0f94a80ea9.jpg

Back