Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this thing looks like crap.

custom_1236122814058_alienfacehugger.jpg

https://kotaku.com/5163879/most-amazing-ps3-case-mod-ever

Gamestop has buy 2 get 1 free on used games, it ends today. I picked up Ratchet and Clank Future, Resistance 2, and MGS4 :rock

Anyone know if the PS3 is region coded for bleu-rays? I know some US releases are region free but i was wondering if it's only BR players that's region coded and the PS3 can play any release from the US?
I might be getting a PS3 soon, mostly to watch movies, but the US releases are much cooler then the UK or denmark releases.

Anyone know if the PS3 is region coded for bleu-rays? I know some US releases are region free but i was wondering if it's only BR players that's region coded and the PS3 can play any release from the US?
I might be getting a PS3 soon, mostly to watch movies, but the US releases are much cooler then the UK or denmark releases.

Yes, I do believe that the PS3 is region locked for Blu formats... IE, you can play Blu-ray movies on the US version that are region 1, but not Japanese region coded Blu-rays. Fortunately, a lot of Blus are region free (IE, Predator 2 is on Blu in the UK, but is region free).

Anders, let me know if you want to work something out for a US PS3, (send me the $, i'll buy it and I can ship it to you).

games are region free but blu rays are coded

only downside into importing a US console s that sony of your country won't recognise the warranty should a fault occur

Yes, I do believe that the PS3 is region locked for Blu formats... IE, you can play Blu-ray movies on the US version that are region 1, but not Japanese region coded Blu-rays. Fortunately, a lot of Blus are region free (IE, Predator 2 is on Blu in the UK, but is region free).

Anders, let me know if you want to work something out for a US PS3, (send me the $, i'll buy it and I can ship it to you).

games are region free but blu rays are coded

only downside into importing a US console s that sony of your country won't recognise the warranty should a fault occur

Lame! Why make games region free and not movies? Isnt there a patch or something that makes the PS3 region free like with a DVD player? What about regular BR players, are they also coded?

And how much is a PS3 in the US? :monkey3

Last edited:
PS3's are 1 million dollars over here Anders. send me the money and I'll pick one up and ship it to you. :D

Lame! Why make games region free and not movies? Isnt there a patch or something that makes the PS3 region free like with a DVD player? What about regular BR players, are they also coded?

And how much is a PS3 in the US? :monkey3

The 80 GB one is $400, and the bundled one (160GB PS3 with Uncharted: Drakes Fortune) is $500.

So if you really look at it, the better deal is the $500 price tag since you get double the space and Drakes (which still goes for $59.99 retail).

Damn all those good deals makes me really pissed I dropped $600 on the 60GB version when they were released. It's definitely not worth $600 as I mostly only use it as a Blu Ray player.

Damn all those good deals makes me really pissed I dropped $600 on the 60GB version when they were released. It's definitely not worth $600 as I mostly only use it as a Blu Ray player.
well, i also bought the 60GB version, but i have the comfort of complete Backwards Compatibility, wireless, and the card reader (which i never use). i've upgraded to a 500gb hard drive and just put movies and music on it so its more of a "media center" than anything else right now. oh, apparently it plays the occasional PS3 game.

well, i also bought the 60GB version, but i have the comfort of complete Backwards Compatibility, wireless, and the card reader (which i never use). i've upgraded to a 500gb hard drive and just put movies and music on it so its more of a "media center" than anything else right now. oh, apparently it plays the occasional PS3 game.

How come they removed that?

Also, is it true that the 80GB will have the new Dual Shock controller included?

How come they removed that?

Also, is it true that the 80GB will have the new Dual Shock controller included?

To reduce the cost of each unit produced. Didn't they also remove an HDMI input also?

As for the Dual Shock 3, I know they are included in the 80gb PS3 bundles, but I don't know about individual console packages.

^^^no, every PS3 model still has HDMI....but of course NO PS3 model has ever come with an HDMI cable. what i really don't see is why they think its necessary to not have backwards compatibility??? i know they still want you to buy a PS2 system (so they can make money off of that) but if they refuse to go below the $400 barrier they need to sweeten the pot a little bit better. free game or two controllers or a PSN Store giftcard towards your first purchase.

I just started playing Ratchet and Clank Future yesterday.

I've never played any of the PS2 games. Should I check them out or just stick with the PS3 version?

firmware update 2.7 ready to download now

<param name="movie" value="https://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/29ecf3d0" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="https://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/29ecf3d0" width="437" height="265" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" name="viddler" ></embed></object>

Last edited:
Back