Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish it were possible to sign in to PSN for a time before updating the firmware. It's so disappointing to boot up the PS3 ready to play a game only to find you can't get on PSN because there is a new firmware update. Then you go through the worry of "will this update break my PS3?" eventually you'll download the update, while it's downloading you'll go make a sandwich, then you'll come back ready to play only to find that now you have to download another update for the game you wanted to play? :banghead

Frustrating, I tell ya.

I wish it were possible to sign in to PSN for a time before updating the firmware. It's so disappointing to boot up the PS3 ready to play a game only to find you can't get on PSN because there is a new firmware update. Then you go through the worry of "will this update break my PS3?" eventually you'll download the update, while it's downloading you'll go make a sandwich, then you'll come back ready to play only to find that now you have to download another update for the game you wanted to play? :banghead

Frustrating, I tell ya.

I have never had that happen to me, and if it happened it could not be more than once or twice a year so I don't see a big deal there.

When did they active the power button shut down? When I first got my PS3 you had to confirm on screen when you wanted to shut the system down. Now you can do it by just holding down the power button like it should have been in the first place. :eek: :duh

When did they active the power button shut down? When I first got my PS3 you had to confirm on screen when you wanted to shut the system down. Now you can do it by just holding down the power button like it should have been in the first place. :eek: :duh

What?

You only have to confirm when you press shut down on your controller, if you put your finger on the power button of the actual console it will just shut down. Always has.

What?

You only have to confirm when you press shut down on your controller, if you put your finger on the power button of the actual console it will just shut down. Always has.

Really, my power button would never shut down before. It would only turn the system on. I always had to shut down with the controller and then confirm.

nice...definitely like the "chat" feature. they still need to get some custom soundtrack features.

Killzone 2 has custom soundtracks dude.

However, I find it quite distracting unless its something low without lyrics and such. Im usually talking to people anyway.

Well looks like my PS3 bricked on me again, same problem as before. System boots up the beeps...green light, yellow light, then blinks red constantly. At least I bought the damn Target warranty. Ugh.

Killzone 2 has custom soundtracks dude.

However, I find it quite distracting unless its something low without lyrics and such. Im usually talking to people anyway.

only in MP right??? not really what i'm looking for. i want custom soundtracks for when i'm playing SP across the board on all games.

Well looks like my PS3 bricked on me again, same problem as before. System boots up the beeps...green light, yellow light, then blinks red constantly. At least I bought the damn Target warranty. Ugh.

Wow, and my PS2 still works like the first day I got it (and it was a launch system)..actually so do my NES and SNES.

I thinks people need to take better care of systems.

Wow, and my PS2 still works like the first day I got it (and it was a launch system)..actually so do my NES and SNES.

I thinks people need to take better care of systems.

That don't matter. You could pamber your console and the ^^^^ could still break down after a few months. Some consoles lasts years, others months.

Last edited by a moderator:
That don't matter. You could pamber your console and the ^^^^ could still break down after a few months. Some consoles lasts years, others months.

I'm standing by my word as people don't care for their consoles as they should. That and the fact that certain companies such as microsoft put a console out before major glitches have been addressed.

This was brought up earlier I'm sure, but why doesn't Sony release a update to allow you upload your MP3s onto your system AND play them as "custom soundtracks" on all (or most) games like you can on the 360? I'm not the most technologically educated, so I'm not sure if a software update could accomplish this, but I've always been curious.

Back