Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ well I've been using my 360, but when that dies it does get frustrating having to watch it on the laptop instead of the big TV. Hopefully it can stream as good as LIVE does with the movies.

So does this mean that the it will be easier for third party developers to port games over to the PS3 now ?

Nope, it just means it runs cooler and cheaper. The programming will still be the same and Valve will continue to piss all over it.

Because they've stated many times that they do not care for Sony or the PS3 and choose not to work on any projects for them. Suddenly changing their minds and porting to the PS3 is ridiculous.

~~Just got my Netflix disc for the PS3. Did anyone know that you have to use the disc EVERY time you want to watch a movie???

~~Just got my Netflix disc for the PS3. Did anyone know that you have to use the disc EVERY time you want to watch a movie???

Yup. Netflix has said a installable solution will arrive late next year. Speculation is that it has something to do with a deal with MS to prevent Netflix from making installers for other systems.

Because they've stated many times that they do not care for Sony or the PS3 and choose not to work on any projects for them. Suddenly changing their minds and porting to the PS3 is ridiculous.

Gabe Newell does not give a sh_t about my lack of Left for Dead experience. :( Flock VALVE! Only cause I'm jealous.

why would it be ridiculous for them to begin porting to PS3 and give more fans the opportunity to play and enjoy their games?

always hate it when the masses pay for a personal grudge.

Yup. Netflix has said a installable solution will arrive late next year. Speculation is that it has something to do with a deal with MS to prevent Netflix from making installers for other systems.

LAME!!!!!!! I've seen Blu Ray players and TVs advertise Netflix widgets that allow streaming so how are they pulling it off?? Seems really strange to me.
So I just watched a movie on Netflix and here's my thoughts on how it went. The menu = pure garbage. I know this is an afterthought and that we don't really need anything fancy or technical, but the plain as Jane menu is B.S.
The playback was pretty good, but I did notice a little bit of hesitation when I paused the movie a couple of times and when I rewound it a few times it took a couple seconds to rebuffer.

I guess this will do until Sony finds a more permanent solution to for this.

f41l5h.jpg

Last edited:
So in comparison to the old 80G, the new one (120G & 250G) is betta, I still kinda prefer the look of the old one than to the new slim shape even though the size of the hard-disk is bigger etc

FYI I got an email saying that the netflix disks to allow for streaming on PS3 are available.

Can anyone recommend me some good games for this platform!?...MY dearest brother just got one the other day so I'm itching to get behind the controller....please keep in mind that I'm not much of a gamer(short attention span blah blah!)...well, except marvel related games!:D

Back