Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you guys recommend some games? I usually love all types of games: racing, action, fighting, etc. I only had the Wii before I got the PS3 so anything will be good. Oh, and here are the games that I bought for the PS3 already:

Resident Evil 5
Killzone 2
Infamous
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Street Fighter 4
Soul Caliber 4

And now just got Grand Theft Auto 4 on Amazon in the lightning deal. Yeah, I should be good with games for a while. But recommendations are still welcome! :)

Last edited:
Brother got one at best buy this morning (walmart was a mad house) and it doesn't come with HDMI cables :banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Got it for like $6 from amazon, but now we have to wait :(

Can you guys recommend some games? I usually love all types of games: racing, action, fighting, etc. I only had the Wii before I got the PS3 so anything will be good. Oh, and here are the games that I bought for the PS3 already:

Resident Evil 5
Killzone 2
Infamous
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Street Fighter 4
Soul Caliber 4

And now just got Grand Theft Auto 4 on Amazon in the lightning deal. Yeah, I should be good with games for a while. But recommendations are still welcome! :)

See post 1028 of mine on this same thread.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2018016#post2018016

In a nutshell, it is a crime if you have a PS3 and have not played Uncharted and Uncharted 2.

Thank you for the recommendations! Yeah I heard about Uncharted and always wanted to play it.
I was just so limited by what the Wii offers game wise that I've been itching to get my hands on a PS3.

I felt the same way when I got my Wii a long time ago. After the initial cool factor wears off you realize that there really isn't much to do on the Wii. My take is that the Wii is the perfect system for a 12 y/o, a dorm room, or your parents. :D

Can you guys recommend some games? I usually love all types of games: racing, action, fighting, etc. I only had the Wii before I got the PS3 so anything will be good.

Uncharted
Uncharted 2
Resistance
Resistance 2
Metal Gear Solid 4 ($19.99 @ Amazon right now)
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time

If you like RPGs I recommend picking up Oblivion and/or Fallout 3. Both have "Game of the Year" editions that include their expansion packs for roughly $30 for Oblivion and Fallout 3 is $60ish
Oblivion
Fallout 3

Do those two games run any better on the PS3 vs te 360 ? I know with Fallout 3 360, it got chopy during the fight sequences.

guys,does anyone know a place to buy a ps3 less than the market??i dont care if it's used...

Nice. Who had that deal?

Local GS. Manager said they had a "roving sale" and when I was in the store it was when you buy the PS3 Drake or Star Wars Unleashed bundle(which was marked down $50) you get any PS3 game for free(non preorder). Needless to say I jumped at that.

Do those two games run any better on the PS3 vs te 360 ? I know with Fallout 3 360, it got chopy during the fight sequences.

Wish I could answer that without starting a Vs. match, but I'm sure the games are evenly matched on both systems. I have Oblivion on the 360 and Fallout 3 for the PS3. I've noticed that Fallout 3 can get choppy from time to time as well, but haven't played it on any other system for comparison.

I had Oblivion for the PC before I bought a 360 so I can tell you that the graphics are great....for a console. Seriously, I was impressed with the graphics the 360 put out from a "launch" game.

Either way, if you can find either one for a good $$ then DO IT!!!! The only problem I have with both games is that they will suck up many,many hours of your time.

Back