Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's it!?...how's that Heavenly Sword game?..I know it's old but I heard it's very good.

I posted this earlier 10/6 on this very thread, but here's my mini-review...

Heavenly Sword Admittedly the play mechanics are a little lacking, but what it lacks in gameplay it makes up for in voice acting and production values. Andy Serkis of Gollum/LOTR fame and Anna Torv (currently starring in Fringe) are the principal actors in this epic.

It is very good. Very short though (about 5 hours). Heavenly Sword is still one of the best looking games out there.

Pick up Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The second one is currently my favorite PS3 game.

Well, I opted for Heavenly Sword. It was between it and that Star Wars force unleashed game!....maybe next time I can kill some jedi scum....right after when I finish this game in two years!:rotfl

I'm pretty new to this thread as I am contemplating getting a PS3 - does anyone know where to get the best deal for one? I know there are a few good black friday deals, but I'm looking for an online deal. I don't want to go to Walmart or Bestbuy on black friday! :)

Thanks in advance.

I don't think there are going to be any "deals" for the PS3. They just dropped the price recently so the only thing I'd recommend doing is looking for a bundle in the stores. Amazon would be the best place to look for this. My brother got a PS3 last year and went with the Uncharted bundle at Best Buy. Same price as what I paid for my PS3 , but I believe he got an extra controller and the game Uncharted.

Yeah I was thinking about picking up Heavenly Sword used and I seen that Uncharted is a greatest hit now so I might snatch that up as well. What about warhawk...is it worth the money I just want to play some kind of flying game where I bomb the crap out of stuff.

Here are two Black Friday deals I know of:

PlayStation 3 120GB w/ LittleBigPlanet GOTY & God of War Collection - $299 [GameStop]

Playstation 3 Console w/Infamous & Batman Arkham Asylum Games + Dark Knight Blu-ray - $299.00 [Wal-Mart]

Yeah I was thinking about picking up Heavenly Sword used and I seen that Uncharted is a greatest hit now so I might snatch that up as well. What about warhawk...is it worth the money I just want to play some kind of flying game where I bomb the crap out of stuff.

Warhawk is pretty damn fun. I've been meaning to play it again, but I'm not sure how many people are still playing it. It's online only, there's no single player campaign, and since it's been out going on three years now, I don't know how many people still play it.

Warhawk is pretty damn fun. I've been meaning to play it again, but I'm not sure how many people are still playing it. It's online only, there's no single player campaign, and since it's been out going on three years now, I don't know how many people still play it.

Ahh I got ya, ok I wont bother with warhawk then. I just want to play something single player like I said just so I can mess around and bomb stuff. Cool though thanks for the info Dino.

I have a question that maybe someone could answer and save me some time researching. I'm thinking about buying a new slim PS3 and giving my old one to my mom for a Blu Ray machine.
My question is this:
I have a 500gb hard drive in my current machine and I would definitely want to install it into the new machine. Is there any complicated procedure in doing this?? Do I need to back it up, reformat it, and then restore it in the new machine?? Or is it as simple as plug and play??

I don't know the exact answer, but from what I've read and heard, you cannot just simply swap out the hard drives.

I think you have to back it up, then swap hard drives, reformat, and then restore. Let me know how you do this. I've been thinking of getting a new HD for my PS3 for a while.

I don't know the exact answer, but from what I've read and heard, you cannot just simply swap out the hard drives.

I think you have to back it up, then swap hard drives, reformat, and then restore. Let me know how you do this. I've been thinking of getting a new HD for my PS3 for a while.

I recommend going with the larger hard drive. I have about 150 GB left and I have lots and lots of demos on it. I also have movies/music/ shows on it.

Yeah, I still have my stock 60 GB HD. I'm down to about 1000 MB and it sucks having to decide what you want to keep. I like keeping all my game saves too even if I beat a game.

I think there's a 750gb drive that'll fit in the PS3 now. I'm holding out for the big 1tb drives. There's one by either WD or Seagate, but its 11.5 mm tall and my laptop and PS3 only support 9mm hard drives. Hopefully by the summer things will move forward enough to cram 1tb into a drive for the PS3.

from what I've read and heard, you cannot just simply swap out the hard drives.

This is true. You can swap hard drives on the same model, but if you're moving to a different model number, you'll need to back up and restore. You may have to re-download some PSN stuff and some file saves (Capcom) won't be able to be transferred.

I don't know what the story is with Guitar Hero and Rock Band tracks, but I know from experience, transferring your Singstar songs to a new machine is a pain in the ass and involves calling Sony.

I have a question that maybe someone could answer and save me some time researching. I'm thinking about buying a new slim PS3 and giving my old one to my mom for a Blu Ray machine.

Funny you should mention this because I'm actually thinking about doing the same thing and I had a few questions too.

My PS3 is on the TV in the living room and my internet connection is in one of the spare bedrooms upstairs, and I don't have wireless internet, so I'm not online with my PS3. My parents got wireless a few weeks ago though, so I brought my PS3 when I went over there today and downloaded Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest For Booty. So what I'm wondering is: if I do get a new PS3 for me will I be able to transfer all of my trophies and the game I just downloaded from my current PS3 to the new one?

Hey guys, I haven't been in here yet, but I just got a PS3 bundle(well not yet, I just ordered it on Amazon.com) and can't wait to talk games with y'all! :banana:banana

Here are two Black Friday deals I know of:

PlayStation 3 120GB w/ LittleBigPlanet GOTY & God of War Collection - $299 [GameStop]

Playstation 3 Console w/Infamous & Batman Arkham Asylum Games + Dark Knight Blu-ray - $299.00 [Wal-Mart]

Thanks so much for this! I picked up the Gamespot bundle this morning with no line ups or anything. :rock :rock

Back