Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only problem with FF7 "as is" is that the summons are LOOOOOOONG. Remember the final few boss battles take over 1 hour to kill simply because the summons animations are so long.

Now if they did a redo like the recent Chronotrigger DS I would be all over it.

My only problem with FF7 "as is" is that the summons are LOOOOOOONG. Remember the final few boss battles take over 1 hour to kill simply because the summons animations are so long.

Now if they did a redo like the recent Chronotrigger DS I would be all over it.

I remember being able to shorten the summons animations in the settings. Or was that in FFX?

That's why I like the long animations in FFVIII. You could boost the stats of the creatures while their sequence played. Or you could just skip it by pressing triangle or something.

sorry about the necro-posting but i have a PS3 question. I finally have my PS3 hooked up to the internet and my question is should i get some kind of virus protection program for it, or can you even get one for it?

No, you don't need anti-virus for the PS3, it's not really a target for viruses. There are some security options for internet browsing however, some standard stuff in recent updates. DOn't worry about it.

It's as i mentioned for internet security only and has nothing to do with anti-virus however. Recent updates to the PS3 have now included options to set the browser to guard against the entering of questionable sites etc. There's now URL filtering and web reputation technology to guard against access to sites with adult content etc.

Other then that, nada and there's no real reason for there to be either so you're good.

Like so many other PS3 users before me, my BD drive just crapped out and Sony wants $150 to fix it. This would be the 3rd time my PS3 has gone back to Sony. FU Sony! :mad:

Preparing for onslaught of "It must be your fault" comments now.

Like so many other PS3 users before me, my BD drive just crapped out and Sony wants $150 to fix it. This would be the 3rd time my PS3 has gone back to Sony. FU Sony! :mad:

Starkiller will be on soon to tell you want you did wrong :lol

could someone please help? im selling my ps3 but want to keep my photos that ive stored! what do i need to do/buy to transfer my photos? (ive got the ps3 with all the sd slots at the front) is a usb stick what i need? thanx for any info!

could someone please help? im selling my ps3 but want to keep my photos that ive stored! what do i need to do/buy to transfer my photos? (ive got the ps3 with all the sd slots at the front) is a usb stick what i need? thanx for any info!

You need a USB stick or USB drive. They need to be FAT32 formatted though.

thanx kabuki! so i cant just buy a standard usb, plug in and copy?? i need to ask for a specific usb stick- (fat32?)

thanx kabuki! so i cant just buy a standard usb, plug in and copy?? i need to ask for a specific usb stick- (fat32?)

I think any flash memory will do. You might have to format it. I routinely use the same SD card that I use in my digital camera.

You would have to in order to bust the PS3. Mine's going strong like it did day one and it's almost 3 years old. Let's just say my PS2 is a launch model and still works a like a charm. Remember this is the PS3 we are talking about here, not the 360.

That sucks man and you won't hear that from this Starkiller. It's the other one who foots that bill. Good luck Sarge.

:rotfl Nice to know I am not the only one who feels this way.

That sucks man and you won't hear that from this Starkiller. It's the other one who foots that bill. Good luck Sarge.

:rotfl Nice to know I am not the only one who feels this way.

LOLz, it's because the other one admits they put out shotty product far too early. And needs to over their ass. SONY put out a solid console.

Any stick or drive will do, you'll just have to plug it into your computer first to format it as FAT32. With a mac, you would do it with Disk Utility, then erase (make sure you pick FAT32). On Windows, you right click the drive and click tools. Format should be in there, or somewhere in the right-click menu. Where you find it in Windows varies from version to version, but you should find it thereabouts.

Remember this is the PS3 we are talking about here, not the 360.

I dunno, I don't have the numbers, but just by a quick google search you can find a ton of people with problems where the BD drive just dies. When I called Sony, they diagnosed it almost immediately. So based on that, I'd have to say there are a great deal of models out there with defective BD drives. Why the game blogs and web sites aren't reporting on it, I don't know, but I will be e-mailing a couple of them to try to get something started like the great RROD Revolution.

I can't think of anything I could've done to break it. I mean, it just sits there. i didn't stick a slice of pizza in it or anything.

I dunno, I don't have the numbers, but just by a quick google search you can find a ton of people with problems where the BD drive just dies. When I called Sony, they diagnosed it almost immediately. So based on that, I'd have to say there are a great deal of models out there with defective BD drives. Why the game blogs and web sites aren't reporting on it, I don't know, but I will be e-mailing a couple of them to try to get something started like the great RROD Revolution.

I can't think of anything I could've done to break it. I mean, it just sits there. i didn't stick a slice of pizza in it or anything.

dont worry....sony has its fair share of defects as well. it might not be as bad as the 360, but at least MS owns up to their problems and attempts to fix it.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/OmLlvRtpHrA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/OmLlvRtpHrA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back