Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Btw is this the version from the reg comic books? The costume seems a bit different or Im just outdated? So dc statues will be extra sexy huh? Please make wonder woman, bat girl and super girl with the same sculpter. :)

Sideshow hasn't beeing going with any specific artists or looks so far. More or less their own takes on the characters, and they nailed it so far.

I was hoping I'd hve more time to decide whether or not I'm going to commit to the Batman Rogues in 1/4 yet. I was hoping to see the 1/6 figures first. Hopefully we get to see on of those before Ivy goes up for pre-order.

And I totally think they'll pull a droids Exclusive with this. Regular flesh tone, exclusive green flesh tone.

Sideshow hasn't beeing going with any specific artists or looks so far. More or less their own takes on the characters, and they nailed it so far.

I was hoping I'd hve more time to decide whether or not I'm going to commit to the Batman Rogues in 1/4 yet. I was hoping to see the 1/6 figures first. Hopefully we get to see on of those before Ivy goes up for pre-order.

And I totally think they'll pull a droids Exclusive with this. Regular flesh tone, exclusive green flesh tone.

I say once you go SS 1/4 you don't go back! Just do it! :lol

Not true in the slightest. I have a few PFs but they just aren't my cup of tea most of the time. They have to be pretty iconic characters for me to snag a PF, which is why I think I'll pass on the PFs except for Batman and Joker. But I hope they do the 1/6 as much justice as the PFs have so far.

Btw is this the version from the reg comic books? The costume seems a bit different or Im just outdated? So dc statues will be extra sexy huh? Please make wonder woman, bat girl and super girl with the same sculpter. :)
She's only "extra sexy" because it fits the character.

True. However, when a piece is sneaked as a PF, we don't know right away if there is a cloth element or not. For example, the new Red Skull PF was sneaked awhile ago. I still don't know if cloth will be used on that statue or not. There is no official word given on that piece yet. If it were labeled a 1/4 scale Com, then I would know right away that it is fully sculpted. Conversely, I would know anything labeled a PF would contain cloth. 1/4 scale is not the only thing important to me. Having a statue fully sculpted carries equal value in my book. By labeling everything 1/4 scale as a PF, SSC just adds to the confusion as to what we are seeing or buying. Hell, in this very thread there is nothing but confusion as to what format Poison Ivy is. When SSC starts confusing seasoned Vets like Darklord and The Mike, something is wrong.

For me I think scale is the most important factor. Before with CQ all people would ask was I hope its 1/4 scale or I wonder if its 1/5 scale at least now we know. I am in the middle of changing my collection because I want mostly all 1/4 scale. After that you can determine from the pics if it has cloth or not most times. To be honest I don't care if it has cloth or not the only thing I care about is if I think it looks fantastic in the pictures. If yes then buy if not then I don't.

You just don't read enough comics my friend...

brian-bolland-poison-ivy-1.jpg

I don't know what's so confusing after this is what SSC said after the Rhino Comiquette?:dunno SSC is simply standardize 1:4 scale statues from smaller scale statues. This should really be clear cut to all the buyers if a statue is 1/4 or not.

:lol I'm not sure if you fully understand how this works.

I didn't order the Rhino Comiquette so the first time I went into that thread really was when we were discussing PFs in this thread. I didn't order Spider-Woman so the first time I went there was when one of my friends aimed me that way for clarification.

Not everyone dances in every single thread on these boards. If Sideshow was going to make an across the board change like this it's something you'd assume would be announced on their site, not just in a couple of blurbs from Alex in a singular item's thread. Especially when on their site before there was a definition of a PF labeled specifically as Mixed Media and 1:4. You need to calm it back a notch and understand that people, even those who are here almost daily are still finding out this information because Sideshow DID NOT fully disclose this change.

tumblr_lpfiq5AjrI1qafrh6.gif

Sorry Mike, but he's right. I resist it as much as possible - but it has been decreed from on high that anything that is 1/4 scale, even if 100% polystone - is a Premium Format Figure.

It's stupid and insane and I've been _____ing and moaning about it - but that's how it is.

It's part of the move to streamline the scales of pieces - which is commendable - but I still feel that it severely undermines the term "Premium Format Figure" which is now just a 1/4 scale statue in a lot of cases.

Yeah, I agree Dave, it's stupid and doesn't make sense especially since Mixed Media PF is what gave SSC their foothold and made their pieces different but it is what it is. I like Ivy so far and will buy her but will take a bit to get used to these fully sculpted PFs.

When SSC starts confusing seasoned Vets like Darklord and The Mike, something is wrong.

It's simple lack of communication. Something like this would be expected to have an announcement of some kind since it is changing the status quo but whatever, _____ing about it isn't going to help. One has to wonder what other changes have been done that were mentioned in a random thread without full disclosure. :lol

i don't discriminate between 1/4 vs 1/5 or comiquette vs pf. what i do is classify it as "buy" vs "pass"

ya were from did this pic crop up

I'm not sure if the OP got it from there but it was up on Statue Forum yesterday. They are still breaking "news" so someone there has their pulse on something. Ironically though they are reporting predictions and thoughts from here so who knows :lol

:lol I'm not sure if you fully understand how this works.

I didn't order the Rhino Comiquette so the first time I went into that thread really was when we were discussing PFs in this thread. I didn't order Spider-Woman so the first time I went there was when one of my friends aimed me that way for clarification.

Not everyone dances in every single thread on these boards. If Sideshow was going to make an across the board change like this it's something you'd assume would be announced on their site, not just in a couple of blurbs from Alex in a singular item's thread. Especially when on their site before there was a definition of a PF labeled specifically as Mixed Media and 1:4. You need to calm it back a notch and understand that people, even those who are here almost daily are still finding out this information because Sideshow DID NOT fully disclose this change.

tumblr_lpfiq5AjrI1qafrh6.gif

Yeah, I agree Dave, it's stupid and doesn't make sense especially since Mixed Media PF is what gave SSC their foothold and made their pieces different but it is what it is. I like Ivy so far and will buy her but will take a bit to get used to these fully sculpted PFs.

It's simple lack of communication. Something like this would be expected to have an announcement of some kind since it is changing the status quo but whatever, _____ing about it isn't going to help. One has to wonder what other changes have been done that were mentioned in a random thread without full disclosure. :lol

You should trust the people that pointed out the official changes made by SSC without doing all the questioning. Dave already knew about the changes but he just doesnt want to accept it because of the separation of mixed media or not; that will now be combined to one format if it's 1:4 scale.

Sometimes changes are good even if you don't agree with it. It was done for a single purpose which was to standardize all 1:4 formats fully sculpted or mixed media into one.

Last edited:
Back