Pokemon X & Y

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm building my team here and have another question about same-type attack bonuses. For those pokemon that are two elemental types like poison AND bug or grass AND steel - do they get STAB bonus for BOTH move types??? Are those bonus equal to one another or is there a greater bonus for one type over the other. For example, with a poison/bug type, is the STAB bonus for a poison move just as strong as a bug move?

(Sorry for the wordiness.)

the stab is the same, theres no difference between a poison/grass and grass/poison pokemon.

And so those pokemon will get STAB for BOTH types as well (since technically they are both)?

Seems like those are the guys I need in a squad. Best of both worlds.

Yes, moves of both types will receive a 1.5x bonus.

Thanks, all. Much appreciated.

I POd Pokemon Y yesterday. The Charizard Mega-Evolution for Y was what caused me to go that route. I liked Xs version, but a little too radical. Add that with the new Legendary for Y and everything else...my mind was made up!

My fault on that post since I should have explained myself better. I should have typed in that I was surprised it came out that early and feeling just with that score that the game could be good based on reading the review. Even though I don't have the game I was still expecting it to get somewhere between 8.0-8.5 on IGN because it still nearly the same game from the previous with a big visual make over. I don't think it would be enough to push it to a 9.0 is what I am also surprised with also.

But if you read the review, it goes on to say the major changes that were done to the game. It's not just a 3D version of it. And although it still follows the same format of get your starter, fight leaders, beat the bad guys, it's all the internal and multiplayer stuff they added. Plus the Pokemon Amie stuff that actually helps out in fights if you actually become friends with them. Your Pokemon will have the will to stay awake or keep up endurance so they don't let you down, which I think is pretty awesome. And there's the addition of the Poke Bank app too.

All in all I think it's a good score for a much needed update on the franchise, although it still needs some refinement on difficulty as well as story linearity.

But if you read the review, it goes on to say the major changes that were done to the game. It's not just a 3D version of it. And although it still follows the same format of get your starter, fight leaders, beat the bad guys, it's all the internal and multiplayer stuff they added. Plus the Pokemon Amie stuff that actually helps out in fights if you actually become friends with them. Your Pokemon will have the will to stay awake or keep up endurance so they don't let you down, which I think is pretty awesome. And there's the addition of the Poke Bank app too.

All in all I think it's a good score for a much needed update on the franchise, although it still needs some refinement on difficulty as well as story linearity.

dont forget to add the new training system

that can be taken care of with the nuzlocke challenge

dont forget to add the new training system

that can be taken care of with the nuzlocke challenge

Really? Cause the consensus is that the trainers are all still very dumb and don't have a clue on how to swap out their Pokemon in terms of choosing the right type to counter yours.

The new training system that's like the EV or the Amie one?

oh you meant that. i dont mind but if you want more of a challenge try appyling some nuzlocke rules in your gameplay. like when your pokemon faints, it's dead and must release it. not allowed to use potions, etc..., not allowed to switch out, allowed to catch only the first encounter pokemon in each road, city, cave..., when you black out, its game over and must start over.

Super trainging for your EV's.

oh you meant that. i dont mind but if you want more of a challenge try appyling some nuzlocke rules in your gameplay. like when your pokemon faints, it's dead and must release it. not allowed to use potions, etc..., not allowed to switch out, allowed to catch only the first encounter pokemon in each road, city, cave...

Super trainging for your EV's.

That's cool, I guess that adds a level of challenge to the game. But I would still prefer smarter A.I.

That's cool, I guess that adds a level of challenge to the game. But I would still prefer smarter A.I.

well be satisfied with what you have now...

also its fun to read other peoples experiences with the nuzlocke challenge

nuzlocke5.png

nuzlocke_39_by_fullmetalsasukefreak-d6c55y0.png

You bring out a lot of good points about many of the changes, but I think my problem is still the battle itself. Maybe because I am so burned out from the same look pokemon had throughout the years including the battle layouts and mechanics. I just want the company to try to mix it up a little like:

1. Pokemon can now hold 5 items.
2. Pokemon can now have 6 moves instead of 4.
3. In 2 vs 2 battles, man of the pokemon moves can be combined into a tag team move for more damage and/or status ailments. Squirtle uses Surf while Pikachu uses Thunderbolt on the Surf. The move combine and turns into uhhh...Rolling Thunder Storm and hits both enemy pokemon as a water and electric attack with a higher chance to paralyze them.
4. Instead of having the pokemon stay in one spot while they wait for their command, why don't they move around on the battlefield like current RPGs nowadays?
5. Attacks over time build up some kind of 3 level meter that can allow you do do things in battle. 3 full bar enable you to command a pokemon on the field to do their SUPER move or you can full revive a fainted pokemon(only ONCE per battle). Using 1 bar your pokemon braces itself for an incoming attack for reduced damage while 2 bar your pokemon dodges the attack. The 1 and 2 bar uses can be some kind of quick time event that you have to press the button to counter as soon as the command prompt flashes on the screen. You choose if you want to press it right away block or dodge. Pressing it at the wrong time will waste your bar so you have to be careful.

I got many other ideas but at some point it might as well turn into a pokemon fighting game with meters, wall bounces, ground bounces, and air combos like Marvel vs Capcom 3. :lol

I still think my option of 1 and 2 can be looked at in the future, but may make the game really complex or something. Certain combination of items on a certain top tier pokemon can wreck an entire team with ease or combinations of items can make a low tier pokemon really good. Going for 6 moves instead 4 is a move I like.

I still plan on getting this game and hope that it will make me feel like a kid again. I am simply a 1st generation pokemon fan that got so burned right ever Pokemon Silver/Gold/Crystal. I later tried to get back in on Pokemon Platinum, beat it, and felt underwhelmed. Game felt so old and outdated. I watched my little cousin play Black and White and it didn't spark any interest. Now X and Y comes around and I feel this could be a good time to test the franchise again. I hope Flygon is in it as he was one of my new favorite Pokemon from Platinum. If not, maybe I will just try buying a used pokemon cartridge on ebay with all these pokemon and put them in the pokebank to transfer.

You bring out a lot of good points about many of the changes, but I think my problem is still the battle itself. Maybe because I am so burned out from the same look pokemon had throughout the years including the battle layouts and mechanics. I just want the company to try to mix it up a little like:

3. In 2 vs 2 battles, man of the pokemon moves can be combined into a tag team move for more damage and/or status ailments. Squirtle uses Surf while Pikachu uses Thunderbolt on the Surf. The move combine and turns into uhhh...Rolling Thunder Storm and hits both enemy pokemon as a water and electric attack with a higher chance to paralyze them.
4. Instead of having the pokemon stay in one spot while they wait for their command, why don't they move around on the battlefield like current RPGs nowadays?
5. Attacks over time build up some kind of 3 level meter that can allow you do do things in battle. 3 full bar enable you to command a pokemon on the field to do their SUPER move or you can full revive a fainted pokemon(only ONCE per battle). Using 1 bar your pokemon braces itself for an incoming attack for reduced damage while 2 bar your pokemon dodges the attack. The 1 and 2 bar uses can be some kind of quick time event that you have to press the button to counter as soon as the command prompt flashes on the screen. You choose if you want to press it right away block or dodge. Pressing it at the wrong time will waste your bar so you have to be careful.

I got many other ideas but at some point it might as well turn into a pokemon fighting game with meters, wall bounces, ground bounces, and air combos like Marvel vs Capcom 3. :lol

I still think my option of 1 and 2 can be looked at in the future, but may make the game really complex or something. Certain combination of items on a certain top tier pokemon can wreck an entire team with ease or combinations of items can make a low tier pokemon really good. Going for 6 moves instead 4 is a move I like.

I still plan on getting this game and hope that it will make me feel like a kid again. I am simply a 1st generation pokemon fan that got so burned right ever Pokemon Silver/Gold/Crystal. I later tried to get back in on Pokemon Platinum, beat it, and felt underwhelmed. Game felt so old and outdated. I watched my little cousin play Black and White and it didn't spark any interest. Now X and Y comes around and I feel this could be a good time to test the franchise again. I hope Flygon is in it as he was one of my new favorite Pokemon from Platinum. If not, maybe I will just try buying a used pokemon cartridge on ebay with all these pokemon and put them in the pokebank to transfer.

Those are awesome points actually, and would make great improvements. As you might have already heard though there is another Pokemon game in the works for the Wii U, which from the one screen looked a lot like a fighter...

- i'd be more than satisfied with2 holding items
- that's plausible
- I believe they'll do that as soon as its possible to do that on a cartridge. they've been doing it for ages now in the anime series.
- because they dont really move around in the anime either only when they need to dodge or prepare an attack otherwise they just stand their waiting for their order. it would be cool though if the pokemon that doesnt listen do that. just walking around not giving a **** about the battle :p
- we have attacks for that purpose? o_O

I am thinking about going to the midnight release just so I can wake up early in the morning and start playing. Wonder if I will see alot of kids with their mom or dad in line. :lol:

"Aren't you a little too old for this game?"
"No. I have played since the beginning."
"What is so good about this game that my kids keep bragging about it be popular?"

That is how I end up talking with some random adult in any midnight release. GTA V was a different story. :monkey1

I just run out and get it before going into work so I have something to do at the office. You know. Instead of work work.

Back