POPCULTCHA and Other Figure Deals, discounts and what ever else saves money.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, he's in my cart as well as Rey/BB8 and Fury, and it's showing 100 for me too. Maybe we get the rest when the orders are fulfilled? :huh

Correct... you get a portion of your pennies for putting down a deposit. The rest come through later.

Correct... you get a portion of your pennies for putting down a deposit. The rest come through later.

Makes sense, cool thanks!

I'm trying to decide on some items available on BBTS (not SSC) like the black series lightsabers and whether or not it will be cheaper ordering from them and combining shipping, or if the reward point pennies make up for it on PC.

Damn, man. Those prices are insane. Even with the discrepancy in exchange rate between PayPal and the Popcultcha site, I preordered the Black Chrome Armored Batman for about $65 less than SSC.

I just ordered 3 figures and my paypal order came out $240 over what was on popcultcha website! I need to cancel this asap. Unless that is AUD dollars but I doubt it.

549cf38a09a09f6ee05ef015d9728007.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The currency converter is not correct, that is the problem. When the item is added to the cart it's marking it down and it isn't the 9% GST either.

Vader is US$314.90, add it to the card and it drops to US$220. Clearly a 9% GST reduction is not going to be $94! They really need to get this site working correctly.

It anyone having their paypal amount match the total on their PC cart?
I know some people are having the same problem as me. Once you get to the paypal page the correct conversion rate is being used and increases the total amount. Some are claiming better deals, and I am wondering if there is a work around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I just ordered 3 figures and my paypal order came out $240 over what was on popcultcha website! I need to cancel this asap. Unless that is AUD dollars but I doubt it.

My grad total amount was in AUD so It ended up coming out to about $600 after the conversion.

So only pre-orders are coming up cheap. Didn't someone once before post on here they had a problem with a pre-order? They charged a higher price than initially showed when the pre-order was available? I'd be afraid the same could happen. I'd only trust it if you pay in full now at these prices. I'm tempted on a few. And this show's that rumor's of some of the Hot Toys Star Wars line re-releasing are true. I feel bad for those that paid aftermarket prices for Han & Chewie.... Ouch.

^^That's why I paid in full. To avoid that situation if they let the order stand. I ordered Boba and it showed $177 in the final cart on PC and $195 via paypal. So $18 higher for the one figure--i paid through paypal funds and bank (not credit card). It was still cheaper than SS and I had some pennies to use so I decided to go through with the order as I wasn't sure when I'd be able to use them otherwise.

This site is so messed up... So if I use my pennies from previous order (I can use 400 for an additional $10 off) it only shows $7 deducted, not the full $10 it shows the 400 pennies valued at... ??? A $3 penalty tax? :lol

yup emailed them earlier to cancel my order, it came out a lot higher than I thought it would.

I had the same thing. My grand total was $902.01, total was $631.24. I also looked at my Paypal, I think the 902 was AUD, can someone confirm? However, the conversion of that still added $40 to my original amount, and ended up being $672.94. Is this all right? Compared to SSC prices ($300, $290, $220 before shipping), this is still a lot cheaper so I don't mind, but I want to make sure they are charging the right amount.

fbce8e2f5355eac2cdd7a7f4fd246e5b.jpg

I am aware it's an Australian site as I have ordered from them, before.... The US Dollar isn't valued quite that much higher. By your logic it should be $7.46 then. Close, but still not accurate.

It's not my logic, it's just what they state. But the point is they're taking $10AUD off the AUD total that is in your cart. If you keep it in AUD as you check out you'll see that.

They should really just keep things in AUD as it seems to cause a lot of confusion. It would probably prevent a lot of these glitches too and none of us would be talking about the site quite so much.

I had the same thing. My grand total was $902.01, total was $631.24. I also looked at my Paypal, I think the 902 was AUD, can someone confirm? However, the conversion of that still added $40 to my original amount, and ended up being $672.94. Is this all right? Compared to SSC prices ($300, $290, $220 before shipping), this is still a lot cheaper so I don't mind, but I want to make sure they are charging the right amount.

fbce8e2f5355eac2cdd7a7f4fd246e5b.jpg
My Conversion added $55 and it was less money than yours. Otherwise seems about right.

It's not my logic, it's just what they state. But the point is they're taking $10AUD off the AUD total that is in your cart. If you keep it in AUD as you check out you'll see that.

They should really just keep things in AUD as it seems to cause a lot of confusion. It would probably prevent a lot of these glitches too and none of us would be talking about the site quite so much.

Yeah, your right there. But I'm sure they love the attention... :)

Back