Statue Popcultureshock 1/4 Masters of the Universe Statues!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In your opinion of course....

Nope and here is why.
He-Man was a hero that charged into battle no matter who or what it was. Watch Thundercats again and see ho much hero work Lion-O actually does. He is the one who keeps getting rescued and he is the one getting into trouble.
Not to mention how utterly unwatchable TC is now compared to MOTU.

I have always felt this way and I am not the only one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5JoCgX8Ovk&feature=share&list=PLZIxaT6XsvKrAGxWcduRTsrzia9V2zxBL

I'm not saying you are the only one but your sentence implied that it was fact when clearly it isn't as I know fans of 80s cartoons that would disagree including myself...you clearly never watched 'Dogtanion and the Three Muskahounds' :lecture :lol

Last edited:
It's not my opinion that Lion-O didn't do much rescuing and had to rescued a hell of a lot dude. It's there in the show. That's not what a hero is about.

I think you really need to watch that video. ;)

I liked Dogtanion and the Three Muskahounds and of course the highly under appreciated Ulysses 31.

Yeah ive been watching ThunderCats Season 1 for a few months now up until I recently received He-Man. Started up He-Man a few days ago, and honestly as an adult watching He-Man now compared to ThunderCats, He-Man holds my attention a lot more than ThunderCats. I dont really feel like going back and watching ThunderCats now. :lol

I remember when Thundercats first came out and it was like what seemed to be MOTU on speed. It felt bolder and more exciting at the time.
But in even back in the 80's MOTU had a far longer shelf life and we even got a movie which was unheard of back then. That MOTU movie had it's budget massively reduced too due to a big drop in toy sales while in production (Mattel flodded the market too much). The movie was going to be far far grander affair more akin to Star Wars. The vast amount production art by Mobeus, Stout and even Ralph McQuarrie gives you some idea.

Anyways, the production values of MOTU made entirely in the US was far higher than then much cheaper animation for TC done in Japan. This is even evident is as simple a thing like comparing the animation cels from each show. TC was created on very cheap materials and thus cels will decay far quicker than the stuff Filmation used.
Then there's acting. The acting on TC was really bad when compared to MOTU.

There's good reasons why MOTU holds up and Thundercats doesn't.

Which is not to dump on Thundercats or anything. I just don't agree with the two being compared as much as are given the quality difference.

He Man Vs. Thundercats eh? Haha

Put me down for He man in the poll!

It truly comes down to preference. No right or wrong here

:lol I can't and don't really want to choose...I'm just a massive fan of 80's cartoons period :yess: still love my Bravestarr, Transformers, Dungeons & Dragons, Centurions, Visionaries, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Mysterious Cities of Gold, Pole Position, The Racoons, etc etc.... :)

:lol I can't and don't really want to choose...I'm just a massive fan of 80's cartoons period :yess: still love my Bravestarr, Transformers, Dungeons & Dragons, Centurions, Visionaries, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Mysterious Cities of Gold, Pole Position, The Racoons, etc etc.... :)

You don't have to brother. You can like them all! :hi5:

You don't have to brother. You can like them all! :hi5:

:lol that's the thing...I love my 80's animation and each different one has significance to me for a specific reason as it'll always trigger off a moment of nostalgia in my mind of a certain point to when I was a kid...must be the same for most us I'd imagine :)

No! He must pick one and all the others shall be shamed!

:lol its impossible Kris...I couldn't even if I tried. There are just so many. We should get a poll up with a list of all the majority of mainstream and most popular of all the 80's cartoons and see which one takes the prize :)

HeMan should be here in a few hours, then going to go pick him up from Pops' house lol. To me I never thought of Lion-O as a non-hero. I always thought he was cool and never thought of how he keeps getting rescued lmao though. As a kid I never once thought of that at all and enjoyed the show. Maybe if as an adult I had nothing to do but over analyze everything I did as a kid I may have lol just saying

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

No! He must pick one and all the others shall be shamed!

That wasn't what I was doing at all. I have Thundercats figures here at my desk and have the rather excellent 12" Ex Mummura in pride of place. I was just attempting (key word there) to have a chat on why He-Man is a better hero because he and Lion-O always get compared and why. Saying as such doesn't mean the other is crap...unless you are of course an 8 year old.

I love my 80's animation too. Hell I have pretty much drawn every 80's animated DVD cover ever released in the UK (though not TC as it goes) and some for US. Some of you probably have an 80's DVD with my art in your house.
So unless you yourself worked on the actual show then I should be able to discuss quality without folks getting pressy and defensive about it.

Last edited:
That wasn't what I was doing at all. I have Thundercats figures here at my desk and have the rather excellent 12" Ex Mummura in pride of place. I was just attempting (key word there) to have a chat on why He-Man is a better hero because he and Lion-O always get compared and why. Saying as such doesn't mean the other is crap...unless you are of course an 8 year old.

I love my 80's animation too. Hell I have pretty much drawn every 80's animated DVD cover ever released in the UK (though not TC as it goes) and some for US. Some of you probably have an 80's DVD with my art in your house.
So unless you yourself worked on the actual show then I should be able to discuss quality without folks getting pressy and defensive about it.

Hey, bud, I was just joking around with Andy and Tavegg. I honestly didn't read back far enough to see your original post, so I wasn't commenting on your post at all.

Last edited:
Great bunch of 80's statues there though I will always strongly object to Lion-O being considered by some to be in the same league as He-Man. That is just wrong.

No one is getting pressy or defensive (as you put it) Eamon...its just that i didn't feel like your post was starting a discussion, if anything it sounded more preachy rather than an opinion as shown in your above post...if you think He-Man is better than Lion-O then that's great for you :) anyway, isn't the whole subject as to who is better a bit un-important? :dunno its a cartoon dude ;) enjoy them for what they are...imagine how Lion-O would feel if he could hear your comments :( Poor Lion-O :monkey2

P.S. At least admit Lion-O's sword is better than He-Man's :pfft: :lol

Last edited:
:lol its impossible Kris...I couldn't even if I tried. There are just so many. We should get a poll up with a list of all the majority of mainstream and most popular of all the 80's cartoons and see which one takes the prize :)

I know...it'd be impossible to pick one...all of these childhood memories are important and meaningful for different reasons.

Hey, bud, I was just joking around with Andy and Tavegg. I honestly didn't read back far enough to see your original post, so I wasn't commenting on your post at all.

:lol We all know that you love Lion-O kris :lecture

I know...it'd be impossible to pick one...all of these childhood memories are important and meaningful for different reasons.

:exactly:

Back