Statue Popcultureshock 1/4 Masters of the Universe Statues!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lion-O had to be recused a hell of a lot. I don't see how an observation is preachy?!

You guys really need to watch Retroblasting on youtube if you love 80's cartoons and indeed 80's toys in general, it's well insightful and fun. :)

Lion-O had to be recused a hell of a lot. I don't see how an observation is preachy?!

You guys really need to watch Retroblasting on youtube if you love 80's cartoons and indeed 80's toys in general, it's well insightful and fun. :)

Eamon, you know i love you mate :1-1: i was only pulling your leg ;) but i do have a serious question though...you mentioned that Lion-O gets rescued a lot right, well isn't that cos he didn't inherit special powers like He-Man did? Poor Lion-O was only a little cub :( I mean, He-Man is originally Prince Adam until he uses his magic sword to turn him into He-Man - so isn't that in a way calling for help :dunno without his sword would he not be on the same level as Lion-O? Basically, i think what Lion-O does when doing the 'Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats....Hoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!' thingy and searches for help (which basically is supposed to unite all the Thundercats together to make them a stronger team), is the same as Prince Adam raising his magic sword and saying 'By the power of greyskull, I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!! and obtaining all that power! What do you think? :)

Last edited:
Oh there's one about MASK and the Tranformers Duped my childhood is funny as hell. He's not trashing stuff. He is making rather interesting observations and giving factoids with some dry wit. I only came by these guys a few months ago and loved it.

Oh there's one about MASK and the Tranformers Duped my childhood is funny as hell. He's not trashing stuff. He is making rather interesting observations and giving factoids with some dry wit. I only came by these guys a few months ago and loved it.

okay, so i watched the YT clip Eam and the first thing that struck me was...'does this guy have nothing better to do?! :lol :lol At the end of the day, even he said to compare He-Man vs Lion-O is totally unfair...which brings me back to my initial question. If He-Man didn't have his trusty sword to rely on then he'd be on the same level as Lion-O. He-Man has inherited this great power whereas Lion-O has no power and only became the Lord due to his bloodline...therefore you cant compare the two guys at all in my opinion...

He raised some points about the cartoon which i didn't even contemplate when watching them, especially the racist observations of Panthro...i still think there are individuals out there who just take things way too seriously and don't enjoy things for what they are...

P.S. If my wife knew i was spending my afternoon debating about He-Man vs Lion-O i think she'd look a little like this

u8ajaruh.jpg

and probably *****-slap me when i got back from work :lol

Last edited:
I don't think anybody here can say anything about how others spend their time bro! That ship has sailed.
My girl would most certainly be pretty annoyed too. :D

I don't compare He-Man and Lion-O but others do and i am focusing on who the better hero was and based purely on the actions of these two guys, He-Man is a proper hero and Lion-O much less so. They both inherited stuff to make them more powerful, it's how they used it is what matters. I am of course over intellectalizing an 80's cartoon so feel free to take any of this with a grain of salt. ;)

You mentioned that they both inherited powers and it was how well they used it that determined which was better. Again, its a little unfair to compare both powers though isn't it. He-Man's power made him somewhat immortal with super human strength plus he had Battle Cat on top of all of that power, Lion-O inherited a sword that could only be used as signal to call the other thundercats and the ability to see from afar...:lol :lol you cant really compare the two can you?...

On a different note Eam, do you have any He-Man/Thundercat themed art work you can share with us? Would love to see it :rock

Last edited:
Lion-o > He-man

Even if He-man was more 'heroic' :monkey3

Why? I have explained why He-Man is a better hero as he charged into battle no matter what it was. Even Adam did some stuff to prove himself in some episodes. Lion-O had to be rescued or needed his buddies to help him.

Why do you think Lion-O is better?

Well, mainly because i liked him more as a child

but even now purely due to aesthetics, he had the better sword (quite possibly one of the best designed swords actually), had better mates, Had feline features which is also gave him an added edge. I can't believe i'm saying this but even his costume was the better looking of the 2, and he had the claw shield.

If you could use the word 'cool' for either, personally Lion-o would get it

But that's not to say i dislike He-man, just out of the 2 Lion-o was numero uno for me, even if He-man was essentially the better hero

Just to add, Lion-o didn't ALWAYS need help, sometimes he'd be the saviour but i agree the ratio wasn't in his favour. One of the messages within the show is about team work too, so they could have quite easily made him super strong and be able to handle it all on himself, but i suppose they were trying to install moral and ideals in young children

Another show i really like as a kid that having watched later is like so much preaching it's unreal is Captain Planet. I cannot watch that show as an adult it is drivel, but as a child, i liked his blue skin and green mullet :lol

This is purely selfish though and based solely on what i prefer

Why? I have explained why He-Man is a better hero as he charged into battle no matter what it was. Even Adam did some stuff to prove himself in some episodes. Lion-O had to be rescued or needed his buddies to help him.

Why do you think Lion-O is better?

Last edited:
Yeah, I think as a kid Lion-O came off as cooler. I don't think so now but that's my opinion.
I totally agree that the Sword of Omens was a cooler design of the two swords and lets not forget the toy sword and how cool that was compared to the HM ones at the time.

I personally never understood Lion-O's outfit though as it just made little sense to me. He-Man was less colorful but it was much more realistic and practicle.

Well neither outfit is really practical, and realistic isn't really a term that should be attached to either one of these characters :lol but i can see and appreicate where your coming from

A redeeming feature for He-man was battle cat, and of course the 'i have the power!' which i did actually prefer more than Lion-o's call to arms

It really boils down to which character you have an affinity for i think, He-man was always a little too stoic for me in comparison

Yeah, I think as a kid Lion-O came off as cooler. I don't think so now but that's my opinion.
I totally agree that the Sword of Omens was a cooler design of the two swords and lets not forget the toy sword and how cool that was compared to the HM ones at the time.

I personally never understood Lion-O's outfit though as it just made little sense to me. He-Man was less colorful but it was much more realistic and practicle.

Well He-Man is based on barbarian celtic/medevil type stuff. It's fur, gold and leather. I have no idea what Lion-O is wearing but was definitely appealed to me as a kid.

HeMan got delivered a few hours ago. Gotta go pick him up. Leaving work early

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

Back