PREDATOR 1 Remake???!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then they'll make the worst movie of all time. A movie with Predators...and only Predators. No the audience wouldnt identify with them because they're Alien creatures.

The very idea of Predator subtitles and Predator life styles is the just sickining.

Watch it again and look how much justice they give the concept of predator, from the casting, characters (mostly macho male), musical score, timing of reveal of the monster itself, all these things work to make it more than a mindless action flick, more than a micheal bay movie. Its not mind breaking cinema, but you obviously can't grasp what makes it special.

Take the Predator out. Without it, its nothing. The Predator MADE it special.

Prove to me it isnt an 80's popcorn ride, and i'll bite. Its a great movie no doubt...but its fun cheese to the bitter end.

Then they'll make the worst movie of all time. A movie with Predators...and only Predators. No the audience wouldnt identify with them because they're Alien creatures.

The very idea of Predator subtitles and Predator life styles is the just sickining.

I was referring to Aliens Vs Predator movies :lol

Prove to me it isnt an 80's popcorn ride, and i'll bite. Its a great movie no doubt...but its fun cheese to the bitter end.

Ok, expect a very insightful post from me tomorrow. Going to bed now. I think Predator is a masterpiece in it's genre.

Title character, plot hinging on it... I'd hope the predator itself was an important cog in the movie. Anyways Celtic, movies are movies. They move some, others not. It's a shame you can't see how special it is beyond "mindless action". I'm sure you realize how special the first alien movie was beyond "mindless horror", chalk full of metaphors. Predator, too, does very unconventional things for its genre.

I can totally see it. I love Predator. Its very special...but it really isnt that deep. Its just the fact that all you need is a great action director to make the film work.

And plus, I love to argue. So I was playing Devils Advocate.

A Bay Predator movie.......I can get behind that. He'll deliver. Its not like the Predator movies were ever deep or anything. Just a big tough guy, one liners, and great action.

LOL a michael bay predator movie? Please have mercy, AVP ruined the franchises enough.

Title character, plot hinging on it... I'd hope the predator itself was an important cog in the movie. Anyways Celtic, movies are movies. They move some, others not. It's a shame you can't see how special it is beyond "mindless action". I'm sure you realize how special the first alien movie was beyond "mindless horror", chalk full of metaphors. Predator, too, does very unconventional things for its genre.

And critics ripped it a new booty hole when it came out. In fact, Siskel and Ebert said it was basically (paraphrasing) Aliens gone commando, and went on and on about how bad it was.

Obviously, I don't agree with that, but it wasn't an instant classic...

It finally did get its just recognition though.

Without a doubt it did, and I'm damn happy for that.

For the record, reading back through your posts, I found myself agreeing with you more than I ever did before. You brought up some damn good points.

Thank you sir. I do love Predator. And I do love the creature. I'm just a bit fed up that the Aliens get the shaft. I grew up on Aliens before Predator, but I still like them both equally.

It just hurts me to see the Aliens fall deeper into mediocrty then ever before.

Bay on an avp3 would be better than 1 or 2 for sure, and we would get more hot toy preds :) The Rock was a good movie imo. But I love the old movies so much that seeing even a decent movie come out based on the same awesome creatures is painful to the mind :banghead

Back