Predator Cinemaquette is here!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did they say if they had hit the UK ? because im guessing they will send a container then its split up between the companys.

:rock! I hope so!

i hate all of you.

Even me?! :monkey2

Based on the email I would say on the way to the UK, so prob close to arriving then will be split up to the relevant companies followed by allocation to the customer....I think the end of next week is achievable :D

:rock :rock I doubly hope so!!!

Based on the email I would say on the way to the UK, so prob close to arriving then will be split up to the relevant companies followed by allocation to the customer....I think the end of next week is achievable :D

thats what i was guessing too, shipping next week i recon. they will hit the UK in a container, then they will go the companys. play.coms will have to go back over the water on a short trip so FPs Orders will ship first

thats what i was guessing too, shipping next week i recon. they will hit the UK in a container, then they will go the companys. play.coms will have to go back over the water on a short trip so FPs Orders will ship first

I havn't had much experience of preorders with play.com whats the next step with them? when do you reckon we'll know if ours are on the boat or not?

I certainly hope so................the UK needs to contribute to some pictures......i'm pretty sure that all to date have been pics from buyers abroad.....

I will be taking loads...:D
:banana

I havn't had much experience of preorders with play.com whats the next step with them? when do you reckon we'll know if ours are on the boat or not?

only way you will know is when your account says payment processing. you never know play may even have there own container of CM stuff, they do buy a lot of it and if so we will have them before the FP orders :naughty

I certainly hope so................the UK needs to contribute to some pictures......i'm pretty sure that all to date have been pics from buyers abroad.....

I will be taking loads...:D
:banana

yep me also, with my CM Alien and CM Endo :banana

only way you will know is when your account says payment processing. you never know play may even have there own container of CM stuff, they do buy a lot of it and if so we will have them before the FP orders :naughty

ahhhhh that would be sweeeeeeeeeeeet! :monkey5

Am I right in thinking that Play.com only take payment when the have the item in stock? or is it a few days before?...sorry for all the Q's...I really sound like a newb :lol

ahhhhh that would be sweeeeeeeeeeeet! :monkey5

Am I right in thinking that Play.com only take payment when the have the item in stock? or is it a few days before?...sorry for all the Q's...I really sound like a newb :lol

lol we were all newbies once, yep they only ever take payment when they have the item, they dont sit on your money and sit on the intrest ......... lol and with 1.5% intrest rate they may as well, waste of time haveing money in a bank you probaly get better intrest of your statues :naughty

lol we were all newbies once, yep they only ever take payment when they have the item, they dont sit on your money and sit on the intrest ......... lol and with 1.5% intrest rate they may as well, waste of time haveing money in a bank you probaly get better intrest of your statues :naughty

Cool, thanks buddy! :rock

Totally agree about the money stuff...I think at the mo i'll have all my money in collectables, just seems safer somehow...oh how the world has changed! :rotfl

DAMN ID CRY IF THAT WAS ME
sounds as if they have an apprentace or a lad on work experance working there lol.

Cheers guys - now have a total of 13 faults (including the 7 broken spines).
5 shoulder spines snapped off - now found all 5.
2 cheek spines snapped off (one each side) - found 1.
The assembler went a bit nuts with the glue on one of the first rubber dreds on the RHS of his face - so there is a glob of white glue oozing out all over the bottom and side of the dred for about 1/2 inch.
The armour on his chest (under where the spinal column rested) is marked all over the lower portion (about the size of an egg) with a grey/white paint - looks like the spine scratched the metallic paintwork during shipping and the primer may be showing through.
One of the mandible tusks has a REAL sloppy paint job - the sort my 7-year-old Son would do with a paint brush.
Another of the mandibles has paint chipped off.
A resin ball/square inside the lower mouth.
The loincloth has been completely missfitted at the front (big gap between the groin armour and the leather).

DAMN ID CRY IF THAT WAS ME
sounds as if they have an apprentace or a lad on work experance working there lol.

Cheers guys - now have a total of 13 faults (including the 7 broken spines).
5 shoulder spines snapped off - now found all 5.
2 cheek spines snapped off (one each side) - found 1.
The assembler went a bit nuts with the glue on one of the first rubber dreds on the RHS of his face - so there is a glob of white glue oozing out all over the bottom and side of the dred for about 1/2 inch.
The armour on his chest (under where the spinal column rested) is marked all over the lower portion (about the size of an egg) with a grey/white paint - looks like the spine scratched the metallic paintwork during shipping and the primer may be showing through.
One of the mandible tusks has a REAL sloppy paint job - the sort my 7-year-old Son would do with a paint brush.
Another of the mandibles has paint chipped off.
A resin ball/square inside the lower mouth.
The loincloth has been completely missfitted at the front (big gap between the groin armour and the leather).

Poor guy...that really sucks! :monkey2

Still, I guess with any run of statues there is bound to be one or two bad eggs!

eggs!!! , what statue did you pre order again :D the awsome CM eggitor, Special weapon of really bad egg smell :toilet_cl:yuck

:rolleyes::lol

You crazy man...it was the CM eggminator, catchphrase: "i'll be back...in three minutes"...

...God that was awful, sorry everyone!

Thanks DP, I'm sitting here biting my nails waiting. I saw the local guy past my house but he didn't stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they loaded it on the truck last.
Mine came first thing in the morning. The guy said he always likes to get the big ones off first. Maybe your driver does the opposite. Good luck!

btw..No matter what, when you have a large and highly detailed statue being shipped all around the world, some get damaged.
I think I've heard of around 5 cases of damaged or flawed pieces. That's not too bad considering they are almost at the 800 mark.
I'm still surprised mine came in without a single broken quil or paint scratch. Maybe cuz I ordered direct and got in early.

Last edited:
Maybe they loaded it on the truck last.
Mine came first thing in the morning. The guy said he always likes to get the big ones off first. Maybe your driver does the opposite.

yep maybe he keeps the ones hes dropped several times till last drop off, so you dont see him driveing around on another drop off to kill him :D only messing

Here's an experience a SF member had with his...

The UPS guy originally showed up when I was at work though but made a return trip in the evening, which NEVER happens. I thanked him for it and he said there was no way he wanted to see this thing on his truck tomorrow. So it was more for his benefit than mine but it certainly worked in my favor.

Oh yeah, he also brought an extra guy with him to carry it. Its close to 100lbs.

So he might do the same with you.
Unless, he delivered it to the wrong house.:monkey1
Just kidding:)

Back