Predator Cinemaquette is here!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get me wrong. The pose of the creature is spot-on, the jungle base is much better than the Sideshow version and this will only increase in value through the years.
However, as with all of high-end collectables, they are expensive and as a collector I just feel that for the kind of price a Cinemaquette demands, it should be film-accurate which the Sideshow version seems to have acheived.
The fakeness with the piece for me is petty- the overall flesh tone looks plastic and too clean. The veins in the mouth area look too prominant. The eyes just don't look right... as I said, petty.
Any fan of the Predator franchise will adore this piece, especially if they missed out on the Sideshow Maquette.
I guess all collectors have different views and that's what makes reading these forums interesting.

I see what you mean.. id still take one though :lol. Not at that price though :horror

Don't get me wrong. The pose of the creature is spot-on, the jungle base is much better than the Sideshow version and this will only increase in value through the years.
However, as with all of high-end collectables, they are expensive and as a collector I just feel that for the kind of price a Cinemaquette demands, it should be film-accurate which the Sideshow version seems to have acheived.
The fakeness with the piece for me is petty- the overall flesh tone looks plastic and too clean. The veins in the mouth area look too prominant. The eyes just don't look right... as I said, petty.
Any fan of the Predator franchise will adore this piece, especially if they missed out on the Sideshow Maquette.
I guess all collectors have different views and that's what makes reading these forums interesting.

I've always preffered sideshows version. Just so happens I can maybe get this one and would prefer to stay with the cinemaquette line after getting my alien. There both amazing statues.

To be honest though I'm not really seeing the fakeness thing. :monkey3

Seeing as you already have the Alien it would make sense to get the cinemaquette predator to.

They would look state of the bad ass art together :)

Have you seen one in person?
The skin is much more complex than any pictures show.

well lets hope that FP has them through this month and mine is in the first batch.......the camera will be out for sure :D

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Agreed. In person, it is better than any other Pred collectible that was mass produced.

I hope it is. :D
Have you seen one in person?
The skin is much more complex than any pictures show.

I hope to see this in my home soon. :banana
Is that hulk pf in your sig repainted .. the green one ?.
Looks awesome.

Holy crap.
I just called a store nearby, and they said this guy would be about $4000. :horror

I'm better off getting one from e-bay or from an online retailer :lol

After seeing the final piece, I kind of wish the actual movie representation looked more like the cinemaquette. Silly thing to say I know, but did anyone ever think that this is what Steve Wang wanted it to look like in the movie, but it just wasnt realized?

I totally agree! I think the CM version looks fierce and I wish it looked more like that as well. Steve Wang should know the Predator better than most anyone, and given free rein to do the ultimate Pred sculpt, I would think this would be his definitive representation of the character. So now combined with the SS maquette, everyone can be happy!:banana

Agreed. In person, it is better than any other Pred collectible that was mass produced.

So true. I forgot to mention that I received mine a couple of weeks ago and it showed up in perfect shape, thank goodness. It is fantastic. The paint job, which many seem concerned about, is a non-issue in person. I can't think of another mass produced statue that is as well painted as this one. The textures and subtleties of the paint are lost in most pics. I saw this at ComicCon the last two years and it is even more impressive in hand. And heavy. REAL heavy.

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

I hope it is. :D

I hope to see this in my home soon. :banana
Is that hulk pf in your sig repainted .. the green one ?.
Looks awesome.

Yeah, it was my first Grey Hulk that came in damaged. Bought a replacement and had the damaged one painted green.
Thanks

After seeing the final piece, I kind of wish the actual movie representation looked more like the cinemaquette. Silly thing to say I know, but did anyone ever think that this is what Steve Wang wanted it to look like in the movie, but it just wasnt realized?

That's a good point.
I never thought about that.
I'm happy with the movie version and the way Wang sculpted the CM piece. I like the Sideshow version, also. Just not enough $$ to go for that one. Especially, since I have the CM.

Congrats! You should get those Preds off the floor though. I would be a nervus wreck with them that close to feet.:google

Back