Predator Cinemaquette is here!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
by the way Raider , just out of interest.
Where did you order your CM endo ?. :)

was lucky to pick one up form this board from a fellow freak cost me £600 but it is a bit damaged. but for that price im not gonna complain.

my alien cost me £700 from play in there sale,

got the CM predator on preoder with play.com for £999 but ill get £40 quid back with quidco.

over all its quite expensive, lucky ive not had to pay top dollar for them, Just after the TX then im not collecting any more CM, as i have no intrest in the others, But depends on what the 2 new CMs are that they are bringing out soon, supose to blow the predator away so CM have stated :horror.

You guys dont not happen to know of any TXs for sale in any of the FP shops? i rang all my local ones within 70 miles and they dont have them or not a clue what im talking about lol.

was lucky to pick one up form this board from a fellow freak cost me £600 but it is a bit damaged. but for that price im not gonna complain.

my alien cost me £700 from play in there sale,

got the CM predator on preoder with play.com for £999 but ill get £40 quid back with quidco.

over all its quite expensive, lucky ive not had to pay top dollar for them, Just after the TX then im not collecting any more CM, as i have no intrest in the others, But depends on what the 2 new CMs are that they are bringing out soon, supose to blow the predator away so CM have stated :horror.

You guys dont not happen to know of any TXs for sale in any of the FP shops? i rang all my local ones within 70 miles and they dont have them or not a clue what im talking about lol.

Manchesters doesn't . I would of loved to see that one in person too.
:D Anyway , when you have all these awesome peices set up be sure to take some photos !. :rock2
Oh , and I remember seeing the endo for sale on here , congrats. :rock

Manchesters doesn't . I would of loved to see that one in person too.
:D Anyway , when you have all these awesome peices set up be sure to take some photos !. :rock2
Oh , and I remember seeing the endo for sale on here , congrats. :rock

lol i nearly bought your alien then, i rang FP in manchester and they told me about that CM alien and it was upstairs but it had a damaged dome at the time, and they were getting in a replacment part, they also wanted £700 for him. so opted for play.com brand new and undamaged

when i find a TX ill post pics of my collection, got a a massive display now all diffrent from my collection thread, problem with the tx is i dont think they made more than 150, so thats why its a pain to get one and even damaged ones demand top dollar

Well after all the stories I read about the CM pred I decided to take a long
drive and get it myself instead of getting it delivered at my doorstep !
When I got there I submitted him to a thorough inspection.....and guess
what HE'S PERFECT !!!! not a single flaw ,
no broken squils , no paint scratches , and even the pegs fitted perfectly !!!!
I'm one happy camper !

some quick snapshots:

P1030622.jpg

P1030620.jpg

P1030623.jpg

P1030625.jpg

P1030624.jpg

P1030626.jpg

P1030627.jpg

And 2 videos on youtube: video 1 & video 2(rear)
(be sure to check it out in high quality !!!)

Last edited:
pure awesomness..... :rock
Fantastic shots. If I don't get this I'll never forgive myself !. :lol
I can't watch the videos because I'm at a friends and for some reason I can't access youtube but when I get home I'll check em out and subscribe to your account.

This is a breathtaking piece, all of you who are getting it are very lucky, but price aside, going by this photo for reference, I simply can't image where I could ever display it, my Sideshow dio takes a fair ammount of my display room and look how puny it is in comparison.

5b5108d5.jpg

Hi all. I'm a massive collector of film memorabilia ranging from Terminator, Predator, Aliens etc and own many original props and replicas. I've had the Predator Cinemaquette on pre-order now for just over a year. I already own the Sideshow Collectibles 1/1 scale bust and maquette and wanted this to complete my collection of Predator memorabilia as it looked absolutely awesome on the cinemaquette review.
Imagine my surprise and shock when I finally saw pictures of this released piece. Don't get me wrong, this is a nice piece and it is well detailed and sculpted, but it just does not capture the original predator. It appears too... fake?
I own 2 other cinemaquettes (T-800 and Jack Sparrow) and they capture the essence of the characters beautifully... so why doesn't this?
As a result I've cancelled my order and as much as it pains me to do this (I've followed progress on this piece for ages!!) I personally feel that the 2 sideshow versions are a much better depiction of Stan Winston's original PREDATOR creature design.

thanks for the pics, carnt wait for my pre order at play to convert. the moths in my wallet are going to go hurngy when this converts and ships

Hi all. I'm a massive collector of film memorabilia ranging from Terminator, Predator, Aliens etc and own many original props and replicas. I've had the Predator Cinemaquette on pre-order now for just over a year. I already own the Sideshow Collectibles 1/1 scale bust and maquette and wanted this to complete my collection of Predator memorabilia as it looked absolutely awesome on the cinemaquette review.
Imagine my surprise and shock when I finally saw pictures of this released piece. Don't get me wrong, this is a nice piece and it is well detailed and sculpted, but it just does not capture the original predator. It appears too... fake?
I own 2 other cinemaquettes (T-800 and Jack Sparrow) and they capture the essence of the characters beautifully... so why doesn't this?
As a result I've cancelled my order and as much as it pains me to do this (I've followed progress on this piece for ages!!) I personally feel that the 2 sideshow versions are a much better depiction of Stan Winston's original PREDATOR creature design.

so what do you find fake about it?i have looked at the pics and think it looks fantastic.

While I believe there are some inaccuracies, they still arent enough to knock this down from the "Best Predator Collectible" pedistal. The fact that this was handled by Steve Wang solidifies this fact for me. I understand though that you may like the SS maquette more, it is still an awesome piece. Unfortunately for me, I will not be able to afford the Cinemaquette piece...unless my work comes though with a hefty raise for me sometime soon.

i have to agree " the sideshow one may be more movie accurate " but the CM looks more bad ass and id perfer that in my collection any day

i'm in the first batch from fpi which should be delivered 3 week of this month,you have this ordered raiden?

I agree the CM Predator may look "kinda cartoony" in the head area, and Sideshow piece is probably more accurate; but IMO they are still both awesome pieces and well worth their price.

After seeing the final piece, I kind of wish the actual movie representation looked more like the cinemaquette. Silly thing to say I know, but did anyone ever think that this is what Steve Wang wanted it to look like in the movie, but it just wasnt realized?

i'm in the first batch from fpi which should be delivered 3 week of this month,you have this ordered raiden?

i ordered mine through play.com with a cash back thing so it only costs £960. So i have no idea when ill recive mine, play.com usually ship a little slower than FP but only by 1-2 weeks, you sure its defently shipping this month in the UK??? if so ill have to be good and not buy so many things for 2 weeks lol

i ordered mine through play.com with a cash back thing so it only costs £960. So i have no idea when ill recive mine, play.com usually ship a little slower than FP but only by 1-2 weeks, you sure its defently shipping this month in the UK??? if so ill have to be good and not buy so many things for 2 weeks lol

what i was told by an fpi rep on telephone is they are getting 16-18 in te first batch and dont wnow when a second batch is coming!

since fpi is the official uk distributor i'm wondering how play are getting theirs.

must be from cm directly?

what i was told by an fpi rep on telephone is they are getting 16-18 in te first batch and dont wnow when a second batch is coming!

since fpi is the official uk distributor i'm wondering how play are getting theirs.

must be from cm directly?

well they have a post date of 16-01-09 but thats been set back 6 times from september, ya they get them direct so i could possibaly get it same time. just be a pain in the ass to send back if its damaged ( this is what im dreading happening i open it up and its in 100 bits ) or its something small like a fang thats snapped and you have to ship the whole thing back.

also the box is too big to fit in a car to take post office lol, i have a coupe car so im Fu cked

well they have a post date of 16-01-09 but thats been set back 6 times from september, ya they get them direct so i could possibaly get it same time. just be a pain in the ass to send back if its damaged ( this is what im dreading happening i open it up and its in 100 bits ) or its something small like a fang thats snapped and you have to ship the whole thing back.

also the box is too big to fit in a car to take post office lol, i have a coupe car so im Fu cked

they should send a courior to pick it up from your house,thats what fp have done when i needed to send something back..the problem will be the long wait for a replacement:monkey2

ironic you mention a fang , I've just noticed on squiders photos one of the fangs in its mouth is snapped on his. :horror:horror

Back