Project Rambo IV (2008) - John Rambo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The challenge with Rambo 4 customs is, I havn't really seen a body that really captures Stallone's form in that film. Seb and Fend used the same body for theirs but I don't like it, it's too narrow at the shoulder area, it has beefy arms but the whole upper body isn't beefy. I suggested doing it on the Dutch body at one time because I felt it could work compared to the other Rambos from HT, but it's not right for Stallone. That's why I'm more geared towards the Boat Man look for a custom figure, you can use the clothing layers and all to help build his form around a regular TT body.

rambo.jpg

The challenge with Rambo 4 customs is, I havn't really seen a body that really captures Stallone's form in that film. Seb and Fend used the same body for theirs but I don't like it, it's too narrow at the shoulder area, it has beefy arms but the whole upper body isn't beefy. I suggested doing it on the Dutch body at one time because I felt it could work compared to the other Rambos from HT, but it's not right for Stallone. That's why I'm more geared towards the Boat Man look for a custom figure, you can use the clothing layers and all to help build his form around a regular TT body.

rambo.jpg

Yea but you would still need his exposed, beefy forearms so maybe a different muscle body might work (not Dutch because of the moobs). I think the regular TT would be okay if he wore a ton of layers and didn't have his forearms exposed the whole time. Plus IMO the boat scene Rambo is not the iconic uniform from the film. Well, we all know a custom Rambo IV would not be an easy thing to do. Good luck mate.

Yea but you would still need his exposed, beefy forearms so maybe a different muscle body might work (not Dutch because of the moobs). I think the regular TT would be okay if he wore a ton of layers and didn't have his forearms exposed the whole time. Plus IMO the boat scene Rambo is not the iconic uniform from the film. Well, we all know a custom Rambo IV would not be an easy thing to do. Good luck mate.

I'm resigning to the Boat Man for a custom figure because it's an easy way to customize an appropriate looking figure with any body currently availabie, plus I already have this statue to represent him properly in his battle form.

10.jpg

I'm a bit more particular about the looks of Rambo figures compared to other ones I own, I think in terms of body build the statue really captures his look and I just don't know of any body out there close to it, with the Boat Man look I can fake it, plus I really enjoyed the 4th Rambo and like the idea of 2 or more figures of him from that film. I would easily have black t-shirt only battle Rambo, his going home look that mirrors the opening of first blood, and at least his full gear battle look with the bow, if I had those I wouldn't do boat man. Might still try to do full battle gear as an alternate, I think I can fake the body enough there too.

111507_rambo.jpg

This shot really highlights the issues with the body Feng used to me, the shoulders are too angular for me and it seems like there's hardly and mass in the shoulders compared to the abdomen. When I think if Stallone in the 4th movie, I think of him as having a refrigerator build, just this squard, bulky, powerful looking build, he looked like a human tank.

Feng_Studio.jpg

The new body that the T-800 is on might work when it comes out.

Only problem with that is it's taller than previous bodies and too tall for Stallone. If it were your only Rambo or you didn't care about it being out of place next to the other Hot Toys Rambos, it could work. Depends on what you're looing for in the base body.

xeno this is completely off topic, but since this is your latest thread I was wondering if you knew what makes Feng decide on what head he'll make available and why others he won't?

Reason I'm asking is because I was looking through his stuff and saw a few I'd love to have. Like the Clive Owen and the Bruce Willis from 16 Blocks.

xeno this is completely off topic, but since this is your latest thread I was wondering if you knew what makes Feng decide on what head he'll make available and why others he won't?

Reason I'm asking is because I was looking through his stuff and saw a few I'd love to have. Like the Clive Owen and the Bruce Willis from 16 Blocks.

Sorry .... No idea :confused:
I'll ask him next time then

Only problem with that is it's taller than previous bodies and too tall for Stallone. If it were your only Rambo or you didn't care about it being out of place next to the other Hot Toys Rambos, it could work. Depends on what you're looing for in the base body.

Here's my version of Rambo. I have posted this before. I used the soverign studios head (which I painted), knife and sheath. I used an arnie predator body.

rambo007.jpg

The head looks big, but it will have to do for now. Once xeno makes his Rambo head available, i'm sure it will look 10 times better on this body.

Last edited:
I'd love to have a closer look at that custom of yours.. If you could find time to take close-up photos, that'd be great man! :)

Back