Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

The biggest trip for me, was seeing Gilligan's Island in color for the first time. That one was a shocker.

Oh my, this has become a lively thread...

I'm just happy I can pre-order these guys!
I too would have wished for a lighter tone to Spock's shirt, but it is what it is. Nanjin worked years on these figures and uniforms, and I appreciate the hard work.
If I really don't like the color in hand, I'll just swap it for the old shirt I have from Nanjin's earlier set.

Now, what's it like ordering from QMX? What's their webpage?
BBTS has the figures up at 179 each.

I watched all early Star Trek in black and white. Now what? :)

Too bad we're not talking Doctor Who, cos Character Options would have you covered:

2836e8ae08c26bf9614d4e9fcf96a0dc.jpg

The biggest trip for me, was seeing Gilligan's Island in color for the first time. That one was a shocker.

My earliest color TV memory was the Spider-Man '67 animated series. Now THAT was psychedelic!

So what's the word on the QMx-direct exclusives (if, in fact, there has been any word)? I read something about a Vulcan harp and a phaser rifle earlier. Is that still the case?

Though some have claimed other details (i.e. price) are not yet locked in.

All that info is stated right at the top of the post to be directly from QMx (and is obviously all marketing-oriented) - and the price is also precisely what they're selling their Firefly captain guy for (whatever his name is).

That is confirmed here:

QMx Star Trek Master Series 1/6th Scale Figures Update - The Toyark - News

Though some have claimed other details (i.e. price) are not yet locked in.

Thanks! I pre-ordered from BBTS at $159.99, so I was curious if I was going to have to cancel and order from QMx to get the exclusives at a potential loss of $40---assuming that BBTS honors the $159.99 and that QMx will sell them on their website at $179.95. I can pass on the harp and the rifle to save $40.

I'm half tempted to pre-order these but not really sure if I want to start collecting yet another line. I say that I'd only collect the core characters I really like (Kirk, Spock, McCoy, and Scotty) but I could see myself tempted by others. Especially if a line of figures from The Next Generation was started I'd probably buy most of the main crew.

All that info is stated right at the top of the post to be directly from QMx (and is obviously all marketing-oriented) - and the price is also precisely what they're selling their Firefly captain guy for (whatever his name is).

Yeah, I'm quite confident in Toyark's sources even if others aren't.

They're popping up now for $180. I still can't get the $160 at bbts. Or is that just gone now?

I just hope the standard of accuracy of these figures dont change. Would be a mega pity that nanjin puts in all these years worth to get the absolute figure only for Qmx to downgrade them for mass production. They have already done so with the Spock fascination head. Compared that to the shirt colours, im more pissed about the head not being included. Its not even a slight variation... its a whole head missing. A great figure at that still. Also the embroidery was changed to plastic? and why? And now theyre changing it back?? What was the point of that?

Even though yay its great news for nanjin to be employed in the fugure industry, but now already they cant hold up his standard of accuracy. Its a bummer deadset

the "fascinating" head was something that Nanjin did for himself. I don't think there was ever any intent on selling it, or having it be a part of some "exclusive" deal. There were people HOPING for that, but that was never stated by Nanjin, as far as I know.

dog owners? fixed? dogs? what is going on here??

the "fascinating" head was something that Nanjin did for himself. I don't think there was ever any intent on selling it, or having it be a part of some "exclusive" deal. There were people HOPING for that, but that was never stated by Nanjin, as far as I know.

Man no way... that... SUUUUCKS!!!

Yeah, me too. Also Lost in Space, Bewitched, Jeannie, etc.

They know as much about the 1/6 market as a monkey in a penguin suit.

I'm not sure what you hope to accomplish here. I expect the color of the figures' clothing isn't going to change, so what's the resolution going to be? Does someone simply have to admit they're wrong and that you're right? I just don't see the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel on this one.

FWIW, I don't think the color of any of the images posted (of any figure or prop replica) is correct and a match for what was seen on screen or the color of the actual prop. And I don't care. :)

Anovos understands Star Trek. The notion the colour should be different because of scale is ridiculous. QMx has produced all of one figure to date.

Well, we know QMx is willing to change things, drastically even, after prototypes have been shown. I wrote them directly unsurprisingly last week and they thanked me for a "thoughtful" critique and said they would give it to the design team.

After our various debates involving colour and other subjects, I'd be surprised if you agreed with me ever.

As a more, er, casual Star Trek fan these look great to me. Also, the exclusives don't hold any great appeal for me, which as a UK collector gives me more options to pick them up at the best price. I think a mass production figure is never going to meet with approval from perfectionist, hard-core fans regardless of the subject. Some of the responses on here can't help but bring to mind this epic piece of television: https://youtu.be/Rqb4V9GxaBo

[emoji6] [emoji2] [emoji6] [emoji2] [emoji6]

Back