Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

As a more, er, casual Star Trek fan these look great to me. Also, the exclusives don't hold any great appeal for me, which as a UK collector gives me more options to pick them up at the best price. I think a mass production figure is never going to meet with approval from perfectionist, hard-core fans regardless of the subject. Some of the responses on here can't help but bring to mind this epic piece of television: https://youtu.be/Rqb4V9GxaBo

Planet Action Figures have stated in their dealer thread that they're getting the QMx exclusives in the UK. Which is why I'm holding off until that's 100% confirmed and up for preorder.

They now have exclusive Malcolm Reynolds on their site. So, if they're around the same money as standards, I'd rather have the exclusives.

Just glad QMx have acted and are doing something about their UK/EU customers. So excited to get these Trek figures and hope they sell well, so that we get more.

Anovos understands Star Trek. The notion the colour should be different because of scale is ridiculous.

I didn't say anything of the sort. What I did say was that the photos didn't match jack and that Anovos doesn't know squat about the 1/6 figure market, where as Hot Toys, who don't produce accurate products, clearly do.

There's no need to bring up any past conversations about color - I consider myself an expert and the whole discussion in the Solo Hoth thread was beyond laughable.

For the record, I don't think the color on the QMx shirts are accurate, which I've repeated multiple times. But it's painfully obvious that everyone else here (myself included) seems to be more than fine with it.

So here it is: you're right, the color isn't accurate. But you're also wrong, neither are the other samples you provided. Do with that what you'd like I suppose, I'm sure it's not the last anyone will see of this topic here.

Last edited:

Just glad QMx have acted and are doing something about their UK/EU customers. So excited to get these Trek figures and hope they sell well, so that we get more.
Me too. Although I'm not bothered about the exclusives based on the extras, it's good to know QMx have listened.

I've noticed colour arguments come up a lot on these boards. SA Snape was another one - and I've seen the costumes in the real world. Some people won't listen to reason. Some people want what the actual prop looks like, others screen accurate.

At the end of the day, QMx & Nanjin will do what they think is best, trying to keep as many collectors happy as they can. The majority. You can't please everyone, and Star Puffs is obviously an example of that. But, to imply that QMx or Nanjin haven't done their homework or are deliberately ignoring what people want is absolute rubbish. They're a business. They want to sell as many figures as they can. They want to make money. They're making hundreds of small decisions, coming up with compromises, learning, and bringing out figures to the best of their abilities. If you want a near perfect figure, then it sure as hell not going to be $180.

I've noticed colour arguments come up a lot on these boards. SA Snape was another one - and I've seen the costumes in the real world. Some people won't listen to reason. Some people want what the actual prop looks like, others screen accurate.

At the end of the day, QMx & Nanjin will do what they think is best, trying to keep as many collectors happy as they can. The majority. You can't please everyone, and Star Puffs is obviously an example of that. But, to imply that QMx or Nanjin haven't done their homework or are deliberately ignoring what people want is absolute rubbish. They're a business. They want to sell as many figures as they can. They want to make money. They're making hundreds of small decisions, coming up with compromises, learning, and bringing out figures to the best of their abilities. If you want a near perfect figure, then it sure as hell not going to be $180.
Well said, Anx10us. Couldn't agree more.

Hi all, I am hoping for all the details tomorrow on what we are to expect in the exclusive versions. Also some Hi-Res images etc.

This has become a great opportunity for us in the UK, after spending a lot of time talking to QMx they are in full speed about distribution over here and are being absolutely fantastic so far.

I will post all relevant information on my dealer thread the moment I know.

Excellent news, Aaron :)

What are the Exclusives for these Two?

Hi Everyone!

I just found this thread and based on the pics provided, Spocks uniform color seems off. Any opinions on this?

:monkey3

Hi Everyone!

I just found this thread and based on the pics provided, Spocks uniform color seems off. Any opinions on this?

:monkey3

Yep. 100% of us agree that the colour is PERFECT. So, we've all moved on :lol

Thanks for telling me how I think and feel.

It's not his product anymore. It is QMx product and should be open for criticism just like Hot Toys, Sideshow, and other manufacturers.

Prop accuracy would be Spock's ears being detachable prosthetics that attach to the head rather than looking like real ears? Is that what people want?

His commitment to "prop accuracy" actual disrespects in my view the artistic intent of the original designers who designed for how an outfit appeared on film.

However, if you want this to be an argument from authority, the fact Anovos has clearly chosen a markedly different blue for their exact replicas of the original costumes speaks volumes.

Nanjin may comment, but I do have a bit of knowledge about these. The photos distort colors to some extent. But interesting that you mention Anovos. That photo you posted showing the figures against the material - that material is the Anovos shirts. The Kirk shirt is the deluxe Anovos shirt.

WP_20160123_17_34_36_Raw_LI.jpg

Last edited:

I had these pre-ordered on BBTS, but decided to cancel and order thru QMX for the exclusives. Wonder how long before they get posted?

Colors look Spock on to me, ah-HAHAHAHA!

Anyway, I see the BBTS prices went up from $159 to $179. Do we know the actual prices of these yet?

Cant find the pre ordr link on qmx. Can someone post a link please or shed some light? Im getting a tad confused

Cant find the pre ordr link on qmx. Can someone post a link please or shed some light? Im getting a tad confused

They're not up for preorder yet. Just a few retailers have - like BBTS.

So I assume the July release date on BBTS is just a placeholder?

So I assume the July release date on BBTS is just a placeholder?

The date might end up being wrong, but it came from somewhere and I'm sure BBTS didn't just make it up. :)

I'm a bit confused now...
What insignia are going to be plastic?
After all that Nanjin went through to source everything as close to the originals as possible, that sounds a bit strange... I guess I must've missed something, or plain forgot...

Back