Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting that Iminime is using Rainman's tailor. You couldn't ask for better IMO, but the quality of the material is something I hope they pursue with Blondie.

As for Bridges vs. Stoltz, no contest that Bridges wins in a landslide. Stoltz might have been a more believable character though :lol

I agree, and the difference in price/look I'm sure stems from the cost/quality of the fabric used for some projects. The quality of the fabric can make all the difference. I can say that the look of the fabrics that Denny has sourced for the Blondie project are fantastic, but I'm anxiously waiting for them to begin tailoring so I can better judge the quality by seeing how they hang on the figure.

I was pretty impressed with it as well. Interestingly enough, Ankit actually confirmed for me that it was Iris who did the tailoring for that release, and apparently quite a few other releases thus far. She's actually slated to handle the Blondie tailoring.

That's good to hear. I like that all of this talent is under one umbrella and they're able to mix around within each other’s projects. And now with Trevor making a few guest appearances...WOO DADDY!

Now I'm just hoping that the next Rainman/Iminime colab finishes off as good as you'd expect it to.

I haven't read the entire thread, but I'm very excited for these - the first Rainman release in a while that has gotten my interest.

I'd really like to see a lightup briefcase though - with a strong gold light when it's opened.

I don't think you would need it. LEDs are really bright on their own. An amber LED and the figure's face would glow without any difficulty.

Here’s some details that I wanted to point out and some accessory suggestions. They’re just my humble suggestions and I think these are all thing that would help people see the value in Rainman doing a pair of characters that many people think are easily bashable. The key to build this set up with features that aren’t easily accessible on the market, and do mods that also aren’t simple 123 homemade things. If Rainman could replicate their proper heights and physiques and of course include screen accurate accessories that aren’t readily available, this set will be beyond what most people could bash.

There is an obvious difference in height and build between Jules and Vince. I’m sure that Rainman is well aware of all of this but I still wanted to throw it out there. Jules is obviously thinner and taller than Vince. I doubt that there are still Narrow bodies available, so I’m assuming that he’d go with the improved knock-off. I hate to say it but the knock-offs were slightly thinner than the TTM18 that they were copying which is actually pretty perfect for Jules. Plus they made an Afro American version of the KO (Iminime used it for Somerset).

So my suggestion is an TTM21 for Vince with a proper fat suit. Jules would benefit from a Narrow style body with long foot pegs. The long foot pegs may give Jules 1/8 of an inch too much. If there is another way to mod his height to get it more accurate that would be better. But if the foot pegs are the only answer than I don’t think that it’s the end of the world (I have this set up for my Se7en dudes and they look awesome side by side) The most important part of the height and weight difference is the suits will have to be tailored respectively. Custom sized suits are not available on the market

SIZE COMPARISON:

pf_0320_zps2bb3c250.jpg

pf_0449_zps0ea65142.jpg

pf_4500_zps4014c908.jpg

pf_4492_zps38aa3e8b.jpg

pf_4491_zpsc1045132.jpg

The Nick Fury long foot pegs are the only ones with the right skin tone that I'm aware of. Skin tone aside, both T-800, all Caps, and the DX12 have the same size long pegs

NICK FURY'S

mLzkfWq-WIW5VjWO-xdRGJw_zpsa2da2fa1.jpg

VINCENT'S ACCESSORIES:

Vincent's Watch:

I can't find good screen grabs on the web but there are times you see it better in the film. It's a black leather band, stainless watch & black face. It's visible in every scene that he's in

pf_2085_zps28955bb7.jpg

pf_4645_zps3137e9cf.jpg

pf_4763_zpsb9b764f7.jpg

Cigarette:

Hand rolled so there shouldn't be a filter

pf_0623_zps7a0aabff.jpg

pf_1311_zps4814ea49.jpg

Chrome M1911A1 .45 with pearl grips:

M1911A1-AutoOrdChrome_PF_zpsc5730c79.jpg

DETAIL ON VINCE'S SHOES

I can't get a great shot but he has a metal buckle on each shoe. I can't tell if it's chrome or gold. It's the same shoe in every scene

pf_1734_zps9958b18c.jpg

pf_0449_zpsd516b656.jpg

Last edited:
Good reference pics. But I think something like a drink cup or paper bag might be a bit too simplistic to warrant Rainman's attention. Someone else could probably get those done if the demand was there. Rainman is so good at the little, intricate details that something like distinctive guns and the wallet seem more Rainman-worthy to me. Jewelry would also be great, but could even Rainman get much detail at that scale?

Of course the accurate guns are a given and I definitely think that the jewelry is a must. Similar type figures all included the watches, bracelets & chains like Carlito and all the different Scarfaces. All characters that had rings were also always replicated on the figure; Jack Sparrow, Scarface, various Tyler Dyrdens, Godfather, etc.

Personally I think that the Big Kahuna drink is a big accessory from one of the most memorable scenes in the movie. The burger would be very cool too (I only put the bag up for the full logo reference; not as an accessory suggestion). Aside from being iconic it's a lot like Mr. Blonde's fast food drink that was included in every figure made for him (Mezco, Palisades, Sideshow)

If it’s not for those kinds of accessories, then these guys are just going to come with guns. They don’t even wear rigs. Also as I said before, making their proper physiques is just as important as including the unsourceable screen accurate stuff to set this apart from “being bashable”

Back