Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
price vs value

hand made, finely tailored suits and shirts drenched in paint, have at it. :lol

The whole "Jimmy's House" scene bloody gear would be interesting. I'd personally like it to be a secondary outfit to switch looks from time to time. If it's just one choice I'd go with the classic clean look. That's just me

Yea, I'm thinking after a while it will get a bit tired looking at two figures drenched in blood.

I'd be all for the bloody version as an addition; just not my choice for a one and only version. But like Entropy said that's pricey. It's stuff like that that will drive the price of this set up.

I'm still hoping that Rainman can work out a structure that'll make most people happy. As is there are a bunch that can't see paying Rainman prices for these characters. I think that a DX type thing and an additional H&C variant set is a good way to satisfy everyone.

Keep it as a basic dual release for a fair price and if anyone wants the option to max out, they can grab the DX set and/or the V2 H&C :dunno. I think that's a good system to cover all bases

Don't let the whole black suit thing discourage you. The truth is I haven't seen 1 black suit on the market in the $30-$60 range that is anywhere close to the quality and fit of Iminime's Ra's' suit. I guess it's up to each individual the level of quality that's acceptable to them when bashing. But I don't think that these guys can be bashed to a top shelf standard, despite the simple color of the suit.

I don't know about Ra's suit, but I picked up Agent Smith's suit for a hundred and something dollars and wasn't blown away. The only reason I got it was because of the distinct green colour of that suit in the movie. Otherwise I would've been more than happy to hold onto the ZY Toys black suit I picked up for $40 + shipping. It had working buttons that allowed the suit to close - unlike Iminime's; and the shoes had real laces as opposed to molded ones. And all in keeping with the scale and proper fit of the figure. The only thing that let it down was the horrible shirt collar, which didn't sit well over a tie knot. As a suit it worked better in this case than Iminime's.

I know the pocket flaps on the ZY Toys suit fold over the pocket, which isn't screen accurate for the Pulp Fiction duo, but the rest is fine. Hard core attention-to-detail folks might judge that the last 5-10% in attention to detail is worth spending up to 8 or 900% over the price of a regular mass produced suit, but it's too rich for my blood.

So far I've priced a bash for these two at around $500 shipped, max. The quality of finish that Rainman can offer with these two will have to be mind blowing for me to throw down twice as much again.

pulp-fiction_00244212.jpg

Anton.

Ok, so I dug up some info on the suits. Christie's auctioned off Sam L. Jackson's suit. It isn't your ordinary cotton suit, so I hope Rainman sources a close enough fabric for it, because according to the costume designer it was a bit shiny and had a silky feel to it. It was a single breasted made by Perry Ellis. This is the lot pic of the auctioned suit.
E48A6D74-F827-470A-B849-6D64876E50C3-170-0000010A685FD8FE.jpg

Lot Description
SAMUEL L. JACKSON SUIT FROM "PULP FICTION"
Miramax, 1994
A black Perry Ellis suit consisting of a single-breasted blazer with a two button front closure and a pair of matching pleated slacks that Samuel L. Jackson wore as he portrayed the "spiritual" hitman Jules Winnifield in Quentin Tarrantino's cult film. Included is a photocopied "Pulp Fiction" shooting schedule, twelve German lobby cards from the film and a color still showing Jackson wearing the suit as he stands next to John Travolta which both stars signed.

Last edited:
I think the other guy outside is Bill from Kill Bill, love Hans Landa's hat and pipe on the table, didnt even notice at first, great picture.

Bill was my first guess too but then I thought they would've picked Beatrix over him.

I know Sam is gonna like that pic because of Marge

Did 'Iris' (Rainman's tailor) produce the iminime Ra's suit?

I don't think that she does stuff for Iminime but I'm not sure broski. Either way I'm pretty impressed with it. :dunno

I don't know about Ra's suit, but I picked up Agent Smith's suit for a hundred and something dollars and wasn't blown away. The only reason I got it was because of the distinct green colour of that suit in the movie. Otherwise I would've been more than happy to hold onto the ZY Toys black suit I picked up for $40 + shipping. It had working buttons that allowed the suit to close - unlike Iminime's; and the shoes had real laces as opposed to molded ones. And all in keeping with the scale and proper fit of the figure. The only thing that let it down was the .

Personally I was happy with Smith's suit too. I hear you on the buttoning issue though; I wish the suits that they made so far were able to close. I've seen pics of the ZY and it looked good in some and fair in others. I can't speak because I never saw one in hand and pics can be tricky. Well I'm looking forward to seeing what you whip up :duff

I like the Ra's suit, but it's not Rainman quality in my opinion. Feels thinner/cheaper and the details like the tie just aren't as professional.

And that is an interesting collage of Coen Bros. and Tarantino characters. I dig the biker from Raising Arizona in the picture on the wall.

Yup. Left that part out. Iminime's ties are scary bad. Like black construction paper.

But the suits have been good IMO and Ra's Tuxedo shirt was great. But Sam's right, I think that RM's will trump those

Found a clear pic of screen used Jules's gold chain, pinky ring and cellphone!
The gold chain and pinky ring is a must!

Jules Gold Chain, Pinky Ring and Cellphone
9DA675A7-6AF8-4060-BAC1-D5B5BC654B27-95-0000000AB0B9DCF9.jpg

Last edited:
Jesus is that a Startac :yess: :lol

Those would be cool accessories and it's these kind of extras that will make people see the value of this set.

Yea I'm popping in the movie now to refresh. I think that Jules had a braclet too.

Must be a Cali thang :lol
:lol
Damn, I want to make that Eric Stoltz pic my new Avy! :rotfl

The Dude was based on a real guy Jeff Dowd, but the Coen Brothers bit off Tarantino's style because he creates his character looks from top to bottom.

So I guess the only feasible question is?.....Who wore it better?

Last edited:
I don't think that she does stuff for Iminime but I'm not sure broski. Either way I'm pretty impressed with it. :dunno

I like the Ra's suit, but it's not Rainman quality in my opinion. Feels thinner/cheaper and the details like the tie just aren't as professional.

I was pretty impressed with it as well. Interestingly enough, Ankit actually confirmed for me that it was Iris who did the tailoring for that release, and apparently quite a few other releases thus far. She's actually slated to handle the Blondie tailoring.

:lol
So I guess the only feasible question is?.....Who wore it better?

C'mon turbo, is that even a question!? :impatient:

Interesting that Iminime is using Rainman's tailor. You couldn't ask for better IMO, but the quality of the material is something I hope they pursue with Blondie.

As for Bridges vs. Stoltz, no contest that Bridges wins in a landslide. Stoltz might have been a more believable character though :lol

Back