Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't it be awesome if Rainman finished Jules... then rewarded buyers of both with the chance to get a 2.0 Vincent head that blows us all away?

Would never happen, but I can dream lol.

My Doc Holliday has an unbelievable likeness. Until then, I had only bought HT, but I KNEW I had to get my hands on one off someone else. Was late to the Rainman party, but now I have Anton, Vincent, and Doc with Moe's clothing sets ordered for a Rainman Bill and Dude. They are all great pieces of art, but every now and then... a figure can come along and blow your mind. Those are the SIGNATURE figures that get people to not just notice Rainman, but the 1/6 hobby as something more than toys. Doc Holliday and Bill the Butcher are easy unanimous SIGNATURE pieces looking like they walked off the movie set. I also think Anton belongs in that category, but a friend of mine has some issues with it so it's probably not a unanimous selection. Love the Wonka as well, but I find the real hair actually makes it not look like he walked off the movie set. (Can't say anything about Pee Wee since I know nothing about that character, and I really wish he offered a different scene choice for Plainview)

VERY few figures look realistic enough for me to give an A rating. Most of these figures are all from Rainman, and that should say a lot for the respect I have for him. That said... I think Vincent could have been improved upon, but it's likely to be the best one we'll see in 1/6 by a mile.

Sure this thing was expensive but you don't have to buy it. I didn't get it yet because the package seems to be lost.. So maybe I actually lost $850 on this.. but if I get it, I know what I bought.

You buy a piece of art from an artist. He should not re-release heads, that would close any discussions.

Damn bro that sucks to hear. Keep on them and keep breaking chops and hopefully they'll come up with it. I know it's a different country and different postal systems but if it's any consolation I sent something to Russia that was taking forever and after 2 months we swore it was lost. The person that I sent it to said that in that time they already received 2 other packages from the U.S. Thru regular Priorty the tracking number stopped showing progress once it left the States.

They got back in touch with me 3 months after I originally sent it and said it just showed up!

I hope you can get this sorted out :1-1:

These are some of the best shots I've seen, the figure is well futzed and posed looking great. With that said, I still have some minor nitpics that show evidence of rushed work. At 35 fullset figures for one man it's starting to look like that's about Rainman's breaking point before major quality issues start to really show up with the paint. Looking at it from that perspective - If one man is really sculpting and painting these in the lapse of 30 days then that's an insane effort, but somthing's always gotta give, and I'm trying to figure out how much time Rainman spends really crafting these sculpts because if he's banging these out in a day or two - as genius as it is - he's not spending enough time on them, and no way are we getting his very best. Maybe that type of effort costs more than $800 a peice :dunno
Finally have a chance to post these.
IMG_1538_zps8af5a1cc.jpg

IMG_1543_zpsb7eadebb.jpg

IMG_1552_zpsace2e1c5.jpg

This is an example of a small nitpick but it involves one of the most important parts of the paint -the eyes -
Rainman isn't as skilled with eyes as say Nathan (SilentSurfer) but it looks like this is an area that needs some special attention. Maybe it's the pic but it looks like the left pupil is too big and uneven not matching the right eye. Also Travolta's pupils are not so pronounced or deep it's much more subtle with more of the grey of the eye being the dominant factor. Just something that sticks out to me but again everyone picks up on different things/nitpicks. But to be fair it's also impossible for one person to paint 35 sculpts exactly the same - he has managed to limit the subtle differences so that's somthing to applaud. That's definately Travolta Vince though, no question.

IMG_1544_zpsa4911e8b.jpg

Last edited:
Dude, if you came in with this post, I'm sure people wouldn't mind as much. Your free to express your opinions!

But a few pages back you said "if you want to throw away your money is your choice". That's a very lame statement. So people who bought this are throwing away money because supposedly you think its not worth the price? No one is blaming you for not liking the RM Vince head sculpt. People are just annoyed that you show no respect and blatantly accuse us of buying trash. Yeah, throwing away money is pretty much on the same level as buying trash.

maybe you have misunderstood what I mean due my bad english..:slap
IN MY PERSONAL OPININION to pay for a figure more of $300 is throw away money...that's all... I don't mean about this figure only..and I write again is your choice..:wink1:

Not gonna get overly vocal about it besides this post but I'm just not a fan of this effort... Rainmans craftsmanship is off the charts as always and of course in terms of refinement, realism and detail nothing has come close to this. But I'm not a fan of the final result despite the fact that I'm a lifelong Rainman fan and have no plans to sell my Vincent.

It just looks like some other dude, I don't see travolta in there at all, the suit fits a bit too poorly and the hair is just a little bizzare. I know he had to do that extender peice on it but it became too long and the zig zag pattern at the bottom looks really stylized, reminds me of dragon ball z or something... I can't explain it.

I was a big fan of Anton, thought it was perfect bill and Daniel are downright perfect... Didn't get it but Val Kilmer looked insane,

Not sure what went wrong here :( ah well can't win em all.

I thought rainman had his team of painters and tailormen to help in his work...like iminime has...:dunno
does He make all this alone?:horror I can't believe that
yes you right I see vincent too.. maybe the lower part of the mouth is a little bit pronunced and the eyes are not perfect...I think it has been a good idea to paint the eyes in that way (red) because vincent is a drug addicted..

These are some of the best shots I've seen, the figure is well futzed and posed looking great. With that said, I still have some minor nitpics that show evidence of rushed work. At 35 fullset figures for one man it's starting to look like that's about Rainman's breaking point before major quality issues start to really show up with the paint. Looking at it from that perspective - If one man is really sculpting and painting these in the lapse of 30 days then that's an insane effort, but somthing's always gotta give, and I'm trying to figure out how much time Rainman spends really crafting these sculpts because if he's banging these out in a day or two - as genius as it is - he's not spending enough time on them, and no way are we getting his very best. Maybe that type of effort costs more than $800 a peice :dunno

This is an example of a small nitpick but it involves one of the most important parts of the paint -the eyes -
Rainman isn't as skilled with eyes as say Nathan (SilentSurfer) but it looks like this is an area that needs some special attention. Maybe it's the pic but it looks like the left pupil is too big and uneven not matching the right eye. Also Travolta's pupils are not so pronounced or deep it's much more subtle with more of the grey of the eye being the dominant factor. Just something that sticks out to me but again everyone picks up on different things/nitpicks. But to be fair it's also impossible for one person to paint 35 sculpts exactly the same - he has managed to limit the subtle differences so that's somthing to applaud. That's definately Travolta Vince though, no question.

IMG_1544_zpsa4911e8b.jpg

I think in the same way...anton, doc holyday, eagle eye and some others.. were amazing piece of art..,(infact I didn't have write nothing of bad about them ;))
paint, clothes's accuracy, accessories..all it was super...
this one is too simple..doesn't reflect too much work on it...

Last edited:
Sure this thing was expensive but you don't have to buy it. I didn't get it yet because the package seems to be lost.. So maybe I actually lost $850 on this.. but if I get it, I know what I bought.

You buy a piece of art from an artist. He should not re-release heads, that would close any discussions.

:horror:horror lost ? it has been shipped with a tracking number
it's impossible the package is lost...

maybe you have misunderstood what I mean due my bad english..:slap
IN MY PERSONAL OPININION to pay for a figure more of $300 is throw away money...that's all... I don't mean about this figure only..and I write again is your choice..:wink1:

Fair enough, personal opinions are acceptable...but just be mindful of how you say things because you wouldn't go around saying bad things everywhere to everyone regardless if you feel a certain way...that's just the normal thing to do, cultural differences aside.

Fair enough, personal opinions are acceptable...but just be mindful of how you say things because you wouldn't go around saying bad things everywhere to everyone regardless if you feel a certain way...that's just the normal thing to do, cultural differences aside.

ok you have right ...and I am sorry...but not bad intention I swear...just sarchasm...:peace
another my opinion you should have more opened minds and try to be less methodical/unyielding....

Last edited:
Remember freaks:

DontFeedTheTroll_zps3b914149.jpg

Just in case. :wink1:

Didn't he say about 6 pages back that he was going to stop
posting. WTH, guess you can't trust a troll when they
keep getting fed. I'd say he's gaiined about 5 to 600 pounds in
the last 6 pages. :rotfl

Vince says

TROLLVINCE1_zps0701f739.jpg

Didn't he say about 6 pages back that he was going to stop
posting. WTH, guess you can't trust a troll when they
keep getting fed. I'd say he's gaiined about 5 to 600 pounds in
the last 6 pages. :rotfl

Vince says

TROLLVINCE1_zps0701f739.jpg

no you wrong ike ;) I didn't write I 'll stop to post...
I wrote I'll stop to write this head is not good ;) is a way different..
just to know has vince a chewingum inside his mouth ? ;)

Last edited:
I thought rainman had his team of painters and tailormen to help in his work...like iminime has...:dunno
does He make all this alone?:horror I can't believe that

He has his tailor's help with the clothing, but sculpting and painting is all his, he also uses Aeon to paint his other sculpts. He doesn't have a "team" but collaborators.

Last edited:
He has his tailor's help with the clothing, but sculpting and painting is all his, he also uses Aeon to paint his other sculpts. He doesn't have a "team" but collaborators.

thanks I didn't know...
your old boy is a piece of art...
why do you take the decision to sculpt the forearms?

Last edited:
thanks I didn't know...
your old boy is a piece of art...
why do you take the decision to sculpt the forearms?

Don't want to hijack Rainman's thread with discussion other than his work, but I did it because he has scars on his wrists and by default the other arm had to be the same. Thanks :) .

I got a new suit today which I think has a style more close to RM's suit. The pack comes with shirt and black tie too for around 25 bucks. Really a bargain.

4016353307d6d148.jpg

Back