Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not totally true. With the exception of the Dude (which sold out to VIPs ahead of time and needed to have the edition size jacked up), all full sets have been available to folks who ordered past the VIP period. And it didn't require luck, though maybe some skill in checking out fairly quickly. But even then, I'm pretty sure everything post-Dude was up for at least a few minutes, giving anyone who wanted one ample time. DX figures, on the other hand, sometimes sell out before going up for general order I think. Usually there is one or two though, and they sell out very quickly at that point. Everyone has to compete for head/outfit sets, including VIPs, but they always last long enough to secure one.

Is the irony of becoming a Rainman VIP apparent to anyone else?

You have to spend $2500 to be a VIP.
If not you have to get lucky, because most of the figures are bought up by VIPs.

Not lost on me lol but every VIP started in the same place a little bit of luck goes a long way.

Awesome so it was Anton, Dude, Wonka.

Wonka and Dude I bought on secondary market, Dexter, Plainview, Anton and a few sculpts

That's not totally true. With the exception of the Dude (which sold out to VIPs ahead of time and needed to have the edition size jacked up), all full sets have been available to folks who ordered past the VIP period. And it didn't require luck, though maybe some skill in checking out fairly quickly. But even then, I'm pretty sure everything post-Dude was up for at least a few minutes, giving anyone who wanted one ample time. DX figures, on the other hand, sometimes sell out before going up for general order I think. Usually there is one or two though, and they sell out very quickly at that point. Everyone has to compete for head/outfit sets, including VIPs, but they always last long enough to secure one.

:lecture

for example, fullset, H+C set, and the clothing set all lingered for Anton a few weeks after he went up. Almost every release has been easily available for those ready to purchase.

This gives me some hope :clap hahaha! hopefully my many years of ordering on Nike.com, with releases selling out in 15 seconds, comes in handy :rotfl

This gives me some hope :clap hahaha! hopefully my many years of ordering on Nike.com, with releases selling out in 15 seconds, comes in handy :rotfl

Not here pajji! :lol this requires a whole other set of skills my brother. Forget about what you've learned from those old Nike or Supreme grinds.

Are you located in Teaneck, NJ?

Well I just signed up on Rainman's site and I got an email straight away that says "soon". Awesome, not long to wait now :yess:

:lecture

for example, fullset, H+C set, and the clothing set all lingered for Anton a few weeks after he went up. Almost every release has been easily available for those ready to purchase.

It gets a little funnier than that most times. Those sets usually don't linger to long but end up going up and down for weeks. That's because you have a week to pay I think. So people who secure stuff then change their mind etc.

So that's a good piece of advice for Wake. Usually most stuff sells out from minutes - a day or two - a week, whatever. Then things could resurface so if you strike out initially you should keep your eye on his site (then there's the glitch issue but I'm assuming that the new look of the site is partly because things got fixed). Also if you initially miss out keep an eye on the thread too. All us hawks are good at posting stuff like "full set back up on the site" so whoever misses has a few more sets of eyes looking out.

:rotfl Yup! TNEK

Cool, we'll link up at some point. Lots to talk about. :duff

Get you up to speed, 2 or 3 Rainman figs in no time brother. We're working on somthing here in the Eastcoast Tri-Area. Good Things!

F939EBE3-1B80-4412-94C9-96C38E3089DB-6105-00000CC7EBA678ED_zpsd21c7efd.jpg

Last edited:
Well I just signed up on Rainman's site and I got an email straight away that says "soon". Awesome, not long to wait now :yess:

How often are there newsletters? I signed up months ago and ordered a Butcher headsculpt and have never received updates, tracking info or a newsletter. :dunno

Cool, we'll link up at some point. Lots to talk about. :duff

Get you up to speed, 2 or 3 Rainman figs in no time brother. We're working on somthing here in the Eastcoast Tri-Area. Good Things!

F939EBE3-1B80-4412-94C9-96C38E3089DB-6105-00000CC7EBA678ED_zpsd21c7efd.jpg

Im 100% down for that! Count me in..just let me know time and place! :hi5:

How often are there newsletters? I signed up months ago and ordered a Butcher headsculpt and have never received updates, tracking info or a newsletter. :dunno

No idea... one of the RM vets might have an answer for you, I'm just a newb.

I'm not sure if there is a newsletter exactly. I'm not a vet; I've been a member almost a year and a half only but I never got anything like that. But I have heard of people talking about getting emails and others saying that they haven't received one in years. The site has a lot of bugs but that may have been fixed now

Back