Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:drool

I'm confused too, though. When all is said and done, extras aside, we need black suited Vincent and Jules. Period. Is there nobody close to Rainman on this one to get some more info on the set?

Yea man the black suits are quintessential. If he's not including everything in the bundle like Entropy said I'm hoping for a split set offering with two sculpts like I suggested.

I wonder if Rainman is just planning on doing a Vince and Mia? He's got WIP of Vince and has expressed interest in Mia, but nothing about Jules...Hmmmm. This is getting interesting indeed.

Pops, holla at the man. Bolo Vince and Jules?:nono There are rules to this game. :lol

Last edited:
If I'm lucky enough to get these...I just want to accomplish this pose, and this pose alone (I'm sure most do too)

A55C0B55-7788-457D-BEA0-0EEBA2DDA324-896-0000006E742BE553_zps1651ec92.jpg

Just had a conversation with Rainman, he says that he is definitely making the black suits, Vincent also has a dancing version. Right now he is making the shoes and watch for Vincent, he is going to be casting Vincent's head for painting soon.

AFTER he finishes with Vincent, Jules is next :) .

One important thing, he want you guys to know that Vincent sculpt will only come with the ponytail version, because if he makes the longer hair version, the sculpt would be not movable at all and he says something about it being broken if shipped, so he wants to avoid any breakage when shipping. This is an artistic decision he has made after thinking it through. (Don't ask me, there was a language barrier)

The only way he sees the longer haired version would work is wigging it, but he has to see if he has the time to after finishing both figures.

6550_534970563204475_2038098042_n.jpg

Just had a conversation with Rainman, he says that he is definitely making the black suits, Vincent also has a dancing version. Right now he is making the shoes and watch for Vincent, he is going to be casting Vincent's head for painting soon.

AFTER he finishes with Vincent, Jules is next :) .

One important thing, he want you guys to know that Vincent sculpt will only come with the ponytail version, because if he makes the longer hair version, the sculpt would be not movable at all and he says something about it being broken if shipped, so he wants to avoid any breakage when shipping. This is an artistic decision he has made after thinking it through. (Don't ask me, there was a language barrier)

The only way he sees the longer haired version would work is wigging it, but he has to see if he has the time to after finishing both figures.

6550_534970563204475_2038098042_n.jpg

This is a beautiful update! Well most of it anyway. I hope that he can do long haired Vince with sculpted hair. There's gotta be a way!

Loving this sculpt so far!!! Real metal earring :yess:

Damn, that's really disappointing...and the likeness is so good! :monkey2 Maybe it's time Rainman experimented with flexible PVC for the hair? Can you suggest that Johnny? Not sure he understands how many people were expecting Vincent with his hair down...

Damn, that's really disappointing...and the likeness is so good! :monkey2 Maybe it's time Rainman experimented with flexible PVC for the hair? Can you suggest that Johnny? Not sure he understands how many people were expecting Vincent with his hair down...

I'll tell him, let's see what he has to say, but I already told him before posting this that people wants the long hair version, but he insisted in the breakage so who knows :dunno . I'll ask.

As I think about it, I think this makes for a more distinctive display option, and in that sense, I can kinda dig it. And Mia would definitely seem like the next logical complementary piece. But Jules in his traditional suit without a complementary Vincent would seem awkward on the shelf IMO. Someone could bash one using the great Snyder-Man head, but Rainman fans would want Rainman pieces there I reckon.

I'll tell him, let's see what he has to say, but I already told him before posting this that people wants the long hair version, but he insisted in the breakage so who knows :dunno . I'll ask.

I already told him a few days ago about my suggestions on page 19-20 and he said he's was gonna check it out.

Maybe you should drop him an extra line since he said he's doing the shoes now. I hope he didn't miss the metal buckle. I couldn't come up with any better pics but maybe somone could find a closer shot. Maybe when he takes them off at JRS?

Maybe he'll come with a milkshake.

That's milk and ice cream?... And that's five dollars?

As I think about it, I think this makes for a more distinctive display option, and in that sense, I can kinda dig it. And Mia would definitely seem like the next logical complementary piece. But Jules in his traditional suit without a complementary Vincent would seem awkward on the shelf IMO.

Totally agree on both counts...hopefully he can work out traditional Vincent and offer this as the DX option.

Rainman says that the long hair sculpt is difficult because there would be a problem in the casting department because of thin strands of hair, and since the hair would be very thin it will definitely break during shipping, some Antons suffered this problem he said, as well as some Lebowski, and Lebowski had a thicker hair sculpt so it means stronger, but still broke.

Something else he says is that the head could definitely not be that moveable, so it would be unnatural, because where the hair ends it meets the collar of the suit, so technically the hair would be sitting on top of the suit in the neck area. He doesn't want to end up sculpting hair suspended in mid air to allow movement, because it is unnatural, like the Hot Toys Prince of Persia sculpt, the hair is in mid air, so it makes it look weird.

He has to think about the safety when shipping, he can't start replacing sculpts because they broke during shipping, specially painted version, he doesn't want to go through that.

But ultimately he WILL TRY to look for a way to make it after Jules, but no promises.

A pony-tail only option kills it dead in the water for me. No long hair = no Vincent = no Jules.

Back