Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Visually it makes for an interesting bunch Bolo Vince, Mia, Jules. But you'd have to buy all 3. There are customers who just want the classic pulp boys though, and bolo Vince with Jules does not work. I think Rainman will reconsider this, he's always been receptive to feedback.

so after navigating through the miniature gun site...i found some pricing for some fo the guns, i did that to get a feeling for how much a metal gun might go for...and WOW...the lower smaller guns ranged from 160-200 USD...while the big ones were 700+....almost as much as a figure...lol...i couldn't get the prices for the Colts but these are DEFINITELY sweet additions to ANY collection!!!

Are they sold out? Those guns will put it over the top!

I want those Colts!!!

Last edited:
:drool

I'm confused too, though. When all is said and done, extras aside, we need black suited Vincent and Jules. Period. Is there nobody close to Rainman on this one to get some more info on the set?

:exactly::exactly::exactly::exactly:

I've already got my diorama in mind and it requires the aforementioned looks for Jules and Vincent. :lecture

pulp_fiction_1994_6.jpg

I am not so sure why Rainman can't do the long hair. It is not all that much different from my David figure :dunno

I am the last person that wants to argue or doubt Rainmans theory, I respect the guy immensely, but I kinda don't get it being honest. Was on the fence about Vince but without long hair I am definitely out :(

IMG_2615.jpg

IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2624.jpg

IMG_2622.jpg

IMG_2621.jpg

Last edited:
From what we know, maybe there will be just one outfit and this is bolo Vince we gonna get for sure. There is nothing simpler than to find a good black suit so what's the point for Rainman to do it? (even if he did it with fight club)

Anyway I'm sure we'll get what we want..

Just as reference: Xeno did a really good job with the hair on Vince. Maybe Rainman could do somthing like this.
CE251EB8-696E-46DF-83E2-9A52191BF520-6105-00000E29D16F229E_zps9c5c0ad2.jpg

Amazing. Rainman needs to figure something out for long-haired Vincent so I can get excited about this again. :lol

Ponytail version doesn't work for me either unless it's a second head. I want Jules and Vincent in their black suits. I'd like Mia as well but no reason to worry about pairing her with a bolo-wearing Vincent. Dance scene was fine but nowhere near as iconic as the Breakfast scene.

"I made shoes and watch for Vincent today.so tired...but i can see finish line :)" - RM

179789_535163069851891_262423287_n.jpg

He got the buckle, very nice :yess: But the shoes are very round and fat in the front. Vince's shoes were quite a bit skinnier and pointer then that. Something closer to this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/A86-25-1-6...1263?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item41700fd9ef

Just as reference: Xeno did a really good job with the hair on Vince. Maybe Rainman could do somthing like this.
CE251EB8-696E-46DF-83E2-9A52191BF520-6105-00000E29D16F229E_zps9c5c0ad2.jpg

I agree. All you have to do is leave a space for the collar to fit in like that. It wouldn't look unnatural because the head will always be on the figure and the collar always tucked under the hair!

so after navigating through the miniature gun site...i found some pricing for some fo the guns, i did that to get a feeling for how much a metal gun might go for...and WOW...the lower smaller guns ranged from 160-200 USD...while the big ones were 700+....almost as much as a figure...lol...i couldn't get the prices for the Colts but these are DEFINITELY sweet additions to ANY collection!!!

I couldn't find prices either. I can justify a lot of these high prices but that's where I have to draw the line. The craftsmanship is the best I've ever seen but $700 of a 1/6 gun is absurd

It sounds to me like Rainman's main concerns about the hair sculpt center more around shipping logistics rather than execution. He just doesn't want to deal with the potential breakage...but anything can be packed safely if proper care is taken.

It sounds to me like Rainman's main concerns about the hair sculpt center more around shipping logistics rather than execution. He just doesn't want to deal with the potential breakage...but anything can be packed safely if proper care is taken.

He could even do the separate hair piece in a softer rubber. Like hot toys thor or iminime's ripley

I would pack the headsculpt separately when shipping. I have a feeling that his preference is that Mia danceoff scene and his other base of customers as well.

Of course. Stuffing a little bubble wrap where the collar should be tucked and bubble wrap the entire sculpt after that would more than suffice.

He was talking about strands yesterday. Maybe his vision is more accurate than what would satisfy most of us. I don't need strands and stuff, I'd be very happy with something along the lines of Xeno's or Snyderman's. Just a solid sculpt

He could even do the separate hair piece in a softer rubber. Like hot toys thor or iminime's ripley

Of course that would be the way we'd all hope for it because that is the best looking option. The only problem is it's too expensive to do that with small runs like this. It's easy for the bigger companies to work with ABS because they're doing runs in the 1000s. Plus HT owns their own factory.

Denny just told me the other day that he planned on doing it for Space Trucker but wasn't able to make it happen because if cost.

Last edited:

:lecture

I asked Johnny to suggest flexible PVC to Rainman yesterday. I think the main obstacle is that the process is more costly.

It's crazy because I would think that a ponytail has more of a chance breaking off! :dunno The sculptor knows best though.

Back