Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about the wigged option? Is there a way to make it look natural?
Rainman says that the long hair sculpt is difficult because there would be a problem in the casting department because of thin strands of hair, and since the hair would be very thin it will definitely break during shipping, some Antons suffered this problem he said, as well as some Lebowski, and Lebowski had a thicker hair sculpt so it means stronger, but still broke.

Something else he says is that the head could definitely not be that moveable, so it would be unnatural, because where the hair ends it meets the collar of the suit, so technically the hair would be sitting on top of the suit in the neck area. He doesn't want to end up sculpting hair suspended in mid air to allow movement, because it is unnatural, like the Hot Toys Prince of Persia sculpt, the hair is in mid air, so it makes it look weird.

He has to think about the safety when shipping, he can't start replacing sculpts because they broke during shipping, specially painted version, he doesn't want to go through that.

But ultimately he WILL TRY to look for a way to make it after Jules, but no promises.

Last edited:
Hmmm.. we'll see I guess. I mean the main point is that he did it for The Dude so this shouldn't be too different.

I'm sure everyone will be fine if he didn't go as far as making thin strands and make it more like a solid sculpt like what Snyderman did or like The Dude

What about the wigged option? Is there a way to make it look natural? Time is a factor in this as well

Yeah, he says he will think about the wig, but depends on where he stands when he finishes Jules, time is a factor for him.

Guess we'll have to wait until Jules is done.

Bolo tie Vince is far more attractive than black suit Vince. I like characters that pop, not only because of the headsculpt, but because of the clothing. I'm assuming he'll include the suit as a DX option for Vincent, whereas Jules will be a regular standard release in the black suit. The headsculpt won't match though, which will ultimately hurt both Vince's and Jules sales.

Nevertheless, I am really liking the idea of dancing Vince being the regular, as well as being offered in a H+C set.

SO happy I hung onto my fantastic Xeno headplay Mod painted by iminime. the outfit will be a for sure buy, but Ill get to save serious cash for Jules

Something else he says is that the head could definitely not be that moveable, so it would be unnatural, because where the hair ends it meets the collar of the suit, so technically the hair would be sitting on top of the suit in the neck area. He doesn't want to end up sculpting hair suspended in mid air to allow movement, because it is unnatural, like the Hot Toys Prince of Persia sculpt, the hair is in mid air, so it makes it look weird.

He has to think about the safety when shipping, he can't start replacing sculpts because they broke during shipping, specially painted version, he doesn't want to go through that.

I think most would be okay with sacrificing mobility with the long hair sculpt and sculpting the hair to sit on top of the suit.

And I know most would dig the long hair the most but if Rainman is worried about breakage maybe he can make the long hair for just the DX version?

If we only get a ponytailed sculpt then it will be easier for me to just get Vincent and Mia.

The word, easier, being the key word.

In my situation it will be pretty difficult for me not to get these three. I mean one of the hs would have to look like Soth for me not to get and I'm not sure I could turn that down either :rotfl

:lol

I know what you're saying but Vincent never had his ponytail with jules so would never be a display option for me. Have to see how this develops.

Hell of a likeness on vince though! :clap

But ultimately he WILL TRY to look for a way to make it after Jules, but no promises.
Hmm, this makes things tricky, because a customer's decision to get Jules is going to be based, in part, on whether or not a complementary Vincent gets made. But if Jules comes first with Vincent as a question mark. . .

Hmm, this makes things tricky, because a customer's decision to get Jules is going to be based, in part, on whether or not a complementary Vincent gets made. But if Jules comes first with Vincent as a question mark. . .

**RM puts Vincent down and begins sculpting Jules** :rotfl

so after navigating through the miniature gun site...i found some pricing for some fo the guns, i did that to get a feeling for how much a metal gun might go for...and WOW...the lower smaller guns ranged from 160-200 USD...while the big ones were 700+....almost as much as a figure...lol...i couldn't get the prices for the Colts but these are DEFINITELY sweet additions to ANY collection!!!

Back