Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If were going that route then I'm in for sure! Imagine the four releases this year.

Vincent Vega
17296-15365.gif

Jules Winfield
jules.jpg

Mrs. Mia Wallace
mia.jpg

and to finish the year off

taxi_driver_travis_bickle_robert_de_niro_66724_1600x1200.jpg

Who's with me?! :)

Yes please! :rock

I can't complain about figures not to my liking since Rainman made my grail and possibly the most visually boring figure ever. :lol

Yep. I'm happy for those Stansfield fans, but it really is the most boring unimpressive figure Rainman has ever made. :lol The shotgun spices him up a little though.

So excited for this release. My favorite film of all time! It's so much more than guys in suits!

I LOVE this film and could go on and on about it, but sheesh, it really is just guys in suits, suits that have been done a dozen times by various companies. He might as well do the entire Reservoir Dogs line up while he's at it - 8 figures with 1 costume between them! Rainman's time and talent are worth what he charges I just wish he'd focus on stuff that hasn't been done by others many times before. But if boring ol' Stan gets a release why not these?

Hi guys new here...Rainman definitely needs to do a Bickle soon! The headsculpts could be the mohawk version and the longhair version, maybe just two mohawk versions one blood splattered, one not with matching blood splattered hands.

:rotfl He was toilet cursed! But, Vince went to Amsterdam man! Plus, Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.

Torrance before Bickle??? Bring me some of that good good cause now I know your smoking!!! :lol

Always save the Best for Last. The end of the year figure is always the least unrushed!
Just gotta make sure that we make it to the end of the year! :lol

I can agree about Bickle and Jules/Vincent being not the right Rainman choice, yea Rainman will kill both but they are guys in suits or jeans and a jacket, I'd like more creativity like someone with a more unique look like Wonka or Bill the Butcher. I know Bickles gun mechanic would be cool and the likeness great but he boils down to jeans and a jacket. Now I'm not saying Rainman do it cause he isn't a big enough character or even worthy but for what I'm getting at someone like Sam Rockwell in Moon, imagine Rainman doing him in an astronaut outfit, that's unique, or someone in huge armor!

I can agree about Bickle and Jules/Vincent being not the right Rainman choice, yea Rainman will kill both but they are guys in suits or jeans and a jacket, I'd like more creativity like someone with a more unique look like Wonka or Bill the Butcher. I know Bickles gun mechanic would be cool and the likeness great but he boils down to jeans and a jacket. Now I'm not saying Rainman do it cause he isn't a big enough character or even worthy but for what I'm getting at someone like Sam Rockwell in Moon, imagine Rainman doing him in an astronaut outfit, that's unique, or someone in huge armor!

Here's the thing, Rainman doesn't tailor his clothing, his team does. He's an headsculpt and accessories master so Bickle fits that criteria perfectly. There's also this suggestion that flashy outfits make for better figures? Great films make for better figures. I can guareentee you that a Jules and Vincent in suit will be instantly noticed before a Sam Rockwell Moon. That character does sound good and very niche but was that film even remotely memorable?

I think Moon was pretty memorable. It was very original and had a great performance. But, it doesn't have the mass fan-base that something like Pulp Fiction does.

Regarding the tailoring, even though Rainman doesn't do it himself, it is part of his package and brand, and probably the most appealing part of his package to me. Head sculpts can be a crap shoot. Accessories are always masterful, and are important, but the clothing comes first in my mind when I think of Rainman.

You are missing my point about Moon, I wasn't saying anything about that film, I was talking about the characters outfit, as for making figures from great movies and performances sure I can understand that but its nice every once and awhile to get a figure that pushes the envelope and is very unique, I live pulp fiction and taxi driver but they've been done before and to me, IMO I'd like to see something challenging and iconic.

Challenging yes but hardly iconic (matter of opinion). I do understand though that some collectors might feel burned out by characters like Bickle or the Pulp Boys. It's everywhere, on t-shirts,posters,toys, etc. so it's not as visually interesting because we're bombarded with it. But as a 1/6 cult enthusiast you gotta have a Bickle and Pulp Fiction. Without it is like playing with missing chess peices. These characters are Timeless, they will always be appreciated. It's not even a want more than it is a need.

Down the line, people will look at Rainmans catalog of work, and if there is no Bickle, people are going to ask why?

Last edited:
Moon was amazing! Definitely one of my favourite sci-fi films. Rockwell was a f__king beast!

Yep. I'm happy for those Stansfield fans, but it really is the most boring unimpressive figure Rainman has ever made. :lol The shotgun spices him up a little though.

I LOVE this film and could go on and on about it, but sheesh, it really is just guys in suits, suits that have been done a dozen times by various companies. He might as well do the entire Reservoir Dogs line up while he's at it - 8 figures with 1 costume between them! Rainman's time and talent are worth what he charges I just wish he'd focus on stuff that hasn't been done by others many times before. But if boring ol' Stan gets a release why not these?

I hear ya but of these many others, how many look quality? I also own the modded Jules head and the Xeno's modded Vincent. Good likeness but not Rainman quality.

Actually, in my time on the forum I have not come across many high end looking bashes of Pulp characters at all. These guys are a no brainer for the Rainman treatment and were gonna have to happen some time down the line.

I believe that whenever they were announced there would be gripes about the suits no matter what. As for me its pretty simple, its Rainman and it's Pulp Fiction. Match made in heaven! Bring it on Rainman!!!

Always save the Best for Last. The end of the year figure is always the least unrushed!
Just gotta make sure that we make it to the end of the year! :lol

I see where you were going. I was counting Vince and Jules seperatley! :monkey3

Yea def agree about having to have those characters, I'm not against him making either just maybe something inbetween that's different.

I hear you also DM. With the exception of Hepburn, this is Rainman's least challenging selection to date, and that's ok. If I end up bashing these guys we can take the Pepsi challenge then. ;)

This ain't Amsterdam, Mag. :monkey1

I agree the RM suit will be excellent but will you see where that extra $400-$700 went? Maybe I'll stick to the Panda and Bava.

Back