Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some pics of the guns...
Jules' Star Model B
StarBNickelPulpFiction.jpg

Vince's Auto-Ordnance M1911A1
M1911A1-AutoOrdChrome_PF.jpg

Maybe the Mac 10, Butch gets Vince with?? ( although this should go with a Butch or Marsellus fig.)
Ingram-mac10_new.jpg

you know what....alot of these items that are being suggested CAN be donw by other people....so i'm back out from these...lets see what suckers me back in...lol

The key is to figure out a good system to make this worth it. I would say releasing both as a set for a fair price is the most logical thing. No one wants one without the other and it really doesn't make sense for Rainman to spend a half a year on these two guys by offering them separately.

Even as a set there will still be kinks to iron out. What's the perk for a full set as opposed to H&C sets (aside from his paint)? What would the extra accessory be? If he's using knock offs again is it even worth a full set for this release?

Of course like some others I'd like to see two full figs on True Types supped to the nuts with accessories and clothes, but I don't think the dork clothes are very realistic (as cool as that would be). The main reason being that there is barley a suitable body out there that would look good popping out of shorts and short sleeve tees; and then there's the body specific issue. What Afro-American slim body exists that is suitable for Jules in dork gear? If you dig around maybe you can find something for Vince.

Realistically, I think that a 2 fig set of classic Bret's apartment attire is good for a base kit. Suits, guns, brief case (would be sick with a lighting function), Big Kahuna meal, cigarette for Vincent. (loose hair Vincent sculpt)

I would like to see a DX H&C for Vince though. That's where I think all those extra accessories are more fitting. The whole Mia date outfit + raincoat, pony-tail sculpt, Jack Rabbit Slim’s menu, $5 milkshake, cigarette, peace sign dance hands, Madman & his needle kit (on the way to her house), adrenaline shot, etc.

I get why people think this is better suited for Iminime and I do share that opinion to a point. I also believe that Rainman will do a better job collectively on these than Iminime would but the price still has to be feesable for what they are; guys in suits with pretty basic accessories.

With that said I do believe that they deserve the full fig top shelf treatment and they aren’t bashable to the level that the Man will deliver (IMO).

Last edited:
I hear you also DM. With the exception of Hepburn, this is Rainman's least challenging selection to date, and that's ok. If I end up bashing these guys we can take the Pepsi challenge then. ;)

That's a bold statement my man! :hi5:

This ain't Amsterdam, Mag. :monkey1

I agree the RM suit will be excellent but will you see where that extra $400-$700 went? Maybe I'll stick to the Panda and Bava.

:clap Well I'm going all in "choco" style! Guess I really am a madman!:wink1:

:lol :yess:

Thought you might say that...not sure why he 'deserves' it though?

I not trying to start a fire but I have to say that Bickle has Rainman and DX written all over him. Deserving isn't even the word! But I get that if your not a fan you don't see it that way. The "non-fans" are a small group though. That's just one big reason why he's deserving. Another reason is 2 sculpts, 2 jackets a great outfit and a slew of awesome weapons that Rainman would freak!

Last edited:
As far as I know he is on record saying he loves Di niro and the movie and apparently Bickle was a consideration. At least this is the info that I got. I hate to say it and I'm not trying to downplay his skills but no one is perfect. Maybe Bickle is giving him a hard time :dunno

i hope that this new territory of "potentially" releasing 2 figures will be something he considers with say a.....Austin powers and Dr Evil set....i mean...lets be honest here...that pair cannot be made one figure at a time...but i know people will start to post what they think will be his next figure after these....but just acknowledge that you cannot have austin without Evil....:)

Austin and Dr. Evil would be a great pair It would be nice to see him offer some more duo sets. That would change my RM wish list quite a bit.

One of the big reasons (amongst others) why I saw this to be more fit for Iminime is because I didn't think he would do a duo set. I feel like instead of spending 6 months on two figures that should be released together, there are a lot of deserving characters out there that his time is better spent on. But if he's willing to do sets, that changes what I'd like to see him tackle

Back