Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My information is correct I know exactly how this is now breaking down all I am stating is it was not an unreasonable assumption to make that at the very start when this release was originally announced that the Dance outfit was included. It was pictured on the FS listing and there was no mention of it not being included. It was only later Rainman added the red text above the picture stating it was not actually a part of the set and never had been. But if it'll make you happy how about this:

I BULLET ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE DANCE OUTFIT OR CLOTHING OPTION 2 IS NOT I REPEAT NOT INCLUDED IN THE FULLSET OFFERING AND NEVER WAS.

:) :wave

I'm not disagreeing with everything that JP is saying but your right Bullet. I started talking to RM right after the confusion started. I asked that if he had time to drop sne info on the thread himself to clarify everything. That's when those red letters finally popped up confirming that O2 wasn't included in the FS. Youre 100% right, before that you can easily assume that both outfits were included.

We all know RM's pricing and we all know what we can expect. It wouldn't make total sense if two full outfits were included for the (current) FS standard price, but I thought maybe they got in there because he's so light on accessories. Of course that wouldn't be realistic though.

There's no doubt that the structure of the sets are all F'd up. A bunch of us here had way more sensible suggestions on how these sets should be built. If he just followed any one of those structures all of this would be a lot easier and there would be something for everyone.

The FS finally settled to a sensible build; I think at this price point it's a little light and the briefcase would've topped it off perfectly. Respectively the O1 set is fine. But the O2 set is where the big problem is. It's perfect for someone who just wants that look and will buy just that with a painted/unpainted head. But for the people who are grabbing the FS & the O2 there is toooo much overlap. You end up with 2 guns, 2 watches, 2 shoes & 2 sets of dork clothes :confused: :confused::confused:

The best remedy is having a full set add on option like what Denny is doing with Lecter. The FS folks should be able to add on the JRS stuff minus the doubles for $200-$250, whatever. It never made since to get all of that for $820 but it does for a DX+ price of $1020-$1070

Really I'd just like to see the dork gear replaced in the O2 with the raincoat which makes a hell of a lot more sense. Even if that ups the price of the set I'd still be all over that

My opinion to restore balance:

1. Get the ponytail sculpt back in the game. Offer it as a DX to the regular set OR as a painted (preferably by himself) a la carte sculpt.

2. Switch out the dork clothes for the trench in the JRS clothes set. If it has to be a little more money because of it (which is realistic)... I can't speak for everybody but I'd be good with that.

...Leave everything else as is

So this way it's:

JRS Clothes set: Raincoat, blazer , white shirt, jeans, bolo tie, shoes, gun, watch

BLACK SUIT SET: Suit jacket, white shirt, suit pants, tie, dork clothes, shoes, gun, watch

FULL SET: Loose hair sculpt, suit jacket, white shirt, suit pants, tie, dork clothes, shoes, gun, watch, dance hand

DX or EXTRA "a la carte" sculpt: Ponytail sculpt (+ full set stuff if DX)

This way every taste is covered for all 3 full looks :dunno (except the dork clothes won’t be “full” because you’d need flip flops; and that’s just the start to that can of worms)

This is perfect logic. :lecture

I'm not disagreeing with everything that JP is saying but your right Bullet. I started talking to RM right after the confusion started. I asked that if he had time to drop sne info on the thread himself to clarify everything. That's when those red letters finally popped up confirming that O2 wasn't included in the FS. Youre 100% right, before that you can easily assume that both outfits were included.

We all know RM's pricing and we all know what we can expect. It wouldn't make total sense if two full outfits were included for the (current) FS standard price, but I thought maybe they got in there because he's so light on accessories. Of course that wouldn't be realistic though.

There's no doubt that the structure of the sets are all F'd up. A bunch of us here had way more sensible suggestions on how these sets should be built. If he just followed any one of those structures all of this would be a lot easier and there would be something for everyone.

The FS finally settled to a sensible build; I think at this price point it's a little light and the briefcase would've topped it off perfectly. Respectively the O1 set is fine. But the O2 set is where the big problem is. It's perfect for someone who just wants that look and will buy just that with a painted/unpainted head. But for the people who are grabbing the FS & the O2 there is toooo much overlap. You end up with 2 guns, 2 watches, 2 shoes & 2 sets of dork clothes
:confused: :confused::confused:

The best remedy is having a full set add on option like what Denny is doing with Lecter. The FS folks should be able to add on the JRS stuff minus the doubles for $200-$250, whatever. It never made since to get all of that for $820 but it does for a DX+ price of $1020-$1070

Really I'd just like to see the dork gear replaced in the O2 with the raincoat which makes a hell of a lot more sense. Even if that ups the price of the set I'd still be all over that

Pop, your pitch makes great sense, but your asking Rainman to change his entire business model! It's not Iminime and I know you know that but you want him to take an Iminime business approach to this. As far as the overlap most people are not going to go all out and get everything. Some just want Dance, some want gangster. He was nice enough to include dork clothes across the board and guns, watches, shoes. Things we really need. I would have suggested he include the hand with the dance set in place of the dork clothes. I really don't have any opinion on a trenchcoat because it's not the look I'm after but I understand many are, ok. So now you need that ponytail sculpt because that is what really completes the dance outfit package. It doesn't look like it's gonna happen. Is it worth the push, yes! Go right ahead with that one.

One area Rainman did miss was the sandals. If anything should be offered it should be the Sandals because the dork clothes are already on the menu. So maybe there should be a push for him to also do the Sandals.

Now we have the full gangster workup, watch, shoes, gun. Plus dork clothes and sculpted feet sandals. Everything is accurate and 2 of the most pivotal scenes on the movie can be recreated.

Ok, this is the last rant because it's not fair to the thread or other members. I just want to set something straight. There are people here who like to get personal when someone disagrees with them or has a different opinion. I have a great perspective of how I'm viewed by fellow members, I'm very respected. I've had the pleasure of
actually meeting many members in person, have helped them with their collections,and shared thoughts about the hobby. Your a million miles away, Try not to twist whats going on here. If you or anyone feels threatened by others disagreeing with you, I can't do anything about that. Not that you really care but you couldn't find one person here that has actually met me that wouldn't vouch for me. Check my reviews, talk to members you know in my area. I'm about this hobby and Im not going anywhere. So we're just going to have to learn how to agree and disagree.

but get your facts right first.

I don't think I have ever laughed so hard!!!! :lol:lol:lol:rotfl

I'm not surprised to see the chaos ensuing in here. Pulp fiction is my favourite well one of my favoriteas. Vincint and jules are some of my most wanted for over a decade.

But I just quietly placed my VIP order yesterday for the full set, scratched my head as to what to do about the screwy set up with the dancing clothes and ultimately decoded who cares? I just don't need to spend nearly a grand and an extra few hundred dollars on what only is a dancing jacket and a tie thingy.

Is it screwed up a bit? Yeah whatever I'll live.

The thing is though i DO agree the accessories are light, love the set but the recanted Bruce lee hand is the lamest secret item ever. Even sticking in the already sculpted Norton briefcase instead is something I could respect more.

As for the figure itself rhe hair is a bit too long and the eyebrows too bushy but otherwise I'm totally good!

What would have made the most sense is offer his normal edition of 35 but break it up into V1 Gangster with long Hair V2 Dance with hand and Ponytail. It would suck because less full sets of either would have been offered, but at least there would have been two complete versions. That way if he decides to do mia and Jules people can pick and choose and be able to complete a set.....Dance or Pulp Boys.

Made me smile also ;)

What would have made the most sense is offer his normal edition of 35 but break it up into V1 Gangster with long Hair V2 Dance with hand and Ponytail. It would suck because less full sets of either would have been offered, but at least there would have been two complete versions. That way if he decides to do mia and Jules people can pick and choose and be able to complete a set.....Dance or Pulp Boys.

Credit where credits due thats a very good suggestion. I think something like that would have made everybody happy

Your not going to draw me into a fight and have another infraction put against me. Your troll harassment has been reported. Have a nice day Flipper.
Dolphin-face-1.jpg

Last edited:
Your not going to draw me into a fight and have another infraction put against me. Your troll harassment has been reported. Have a nice day Flipper.

LOL
Dude at it again in here.......do the thread a favor......ZIP IT!!!!!!

(Ok wait for it....he's gonna troll me and talk about what I said I was gonna get and that I didn't get it....or no one likes me...lol.)

LOL

(Ok wait for it....he's gonna troll me and talk about what I said I was gonna get and that I didn't get it....or no one likes me...lol.)

I'm gonna save you for Magnus. He's gonna eat you up Alive on YouTube.

LOL

You going in for this one tomorrow night Odell? Regardless of all the nonsense we have going on here and all the confusion the suit/sculpt is truly stunning!

Back