Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But then you'd have to compromise the ugly knee joints of the TT body. Its still HT TT body right, for the fullset?

Yes but that's alright I guess. At first it was bothersome but I've accepted the fact that these are high end articulated figures. Im sure someone will come up with a great solution for exposed knee joints, plus I think eventually HT will figure out how to get the asthetics of their bodies more realistic. Not a fortune teller but this is bound to happen eventually.

Last edited:
Yes but that's alright I guess. At first it was bothersome but I've accepted the fact that these are high end articulated dolls. Im sure someone will come up with a great solution, someone always does.

A clash of the titan body might be best, but they are very pricy for now id imagine.

I think most folks would display him with the suit though so i guess thats a moot point.

8pm tomorrow night US central time.

Cool! I was wondering about this myself. Sucks that I have to work tomorrow night, but hopefully I can decide which set to pick up by then and not have too much trouble getting what I want.

I'm hopeing for the sculpted feet/sandals as the extra secret item to complete the Beach look.

That would be a pretty cool 3rd secret item. I really wonder what it's going to be...?

With RM using a head with ears image to tease it, would be awesome if it was a second sculpt.:thud:

I was thinking the same since he did use a head and ears image. I was thinking of just getting a head and clothing set this time around, but another head sculpt would sway me back to a full set... This one is gonna be tricky for me to decide what to get. We'll just have to wait and see... I'm still confused with the clothing sets as they seem to still include a painted head sculpt in the $400 price??? I hope this gets clarified more before tomorrow! :gah:

$400 is just the outfit and accessories (shoes, watch and gun). Plus the shorts and santa cruz tee.

I think head and outfit set will cost around $550-600.

$400 is just the outfit and accessories (shoes, watch and gun). Plus the shorts and santa cruz tee.

I think head and outfit set will cost around $550-600.

Has Rainman said when the sculpt with outfit sets will go live for order? And normally you get a pretty decent break on the included sculpt. I would guess more around $465.

Has Rainman said when the sculpt with outfit sets will go live for order? And normally you get a pretty decent break on the included sculpt. I would guess more around $465.

Its painted head $150 + outfit which is $400 now, so it should be $550 at the very least.

Heres the explanation from rainman's email yesterday:

There's one more thing that I should let you know, is rising price.

Until now, there were only $50 difference between the head and outfit set AND the outfit set only.

I just made this price rule from the beginning, but I was making a big mistake.

At that time, the casting fee was 1/3 from now, and also the lower cost for the painting.

However as you already know, the painted head, including casted head is $120 at the moment.

There must be $120 difference between those two sets but it was strangest price difference of $50 only.

I should have notice that but missed out.

Considering that there should be some advantage for set items rather than purchasing one item,

I've adjusted the price now.

I really wish you understand this. It's not that I just raised price without a reason.

I get weekly updates from a vintage poster shop I frequent on the Lower East Side and they just happened to send me this!
MPW-51320

It just dawned on me that if Rainman were to do Mia then maybe he's planning on releasing her with the Trenchcoat! She did wear it afterall.

Mia with Trenchcoat accessory
Jules with Briefcase!

Case Closed! :hi5:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiAUmsl6OHU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Last edited:
I think it's safe to say that it's NOT going to be a second sculpt. Not as an extra accessory for the same price. If that were the case it would be a DX and go for DX $$$.

But if people do want to see the ponytail sculpt happen you should definitely voice your interest. I was asking him yesterday if he could consider offering the ponytail sculpt again. I told him that there is a big desire for it and it makes the JRS clothes more desirable to people. He said that the proto was altered to make the long hair sculpt and the ponytail doesn’t exist anymore. He also said that he’d re-alter it back and would try to do it if he has time.

I told him that many people would be interested but my word alone probably doesn't mean much. If people want to see both sculpts back on the menu then you guys should let it be known. If he sees how many people want it he'll be very inclined to oblige :). Drop your thoughts here and on Facebook :wave

:duff

Not sure. I suggested briefcase and/or red apple cigs.

Basically I sent him a long message about the confusion and asked for some input from him and he came back to say how frustrated he was at not being able to please everyone/people getting upset at changes etc.

Then he mentioned that move which I said sounded like a great option.

I have to advise you brother that Vince rolls his own cigs. It's Mia and Butch that smoke Red Apples :wink1:

Apparently the new secret item will be a "cute key holder" which I assume is a keychain like the Alex or Dude freebie?

If this is the case, I have to say I'm disappointed with the way this figure has been handled. Between the confusion about both outfits included with the fullset, to the addition of the tshirt and shorts in every set, to now the exclusive hand now being replaced with a keychain, it has been bumpy ride to say the least. I'll wait to see what this actually is, but I do not believe a keychain has any appeal as an exclusive item when there are much better accessory choices.

He isn't offering that massive discount anymore. Be ready for $500 plus this time.

Its painted head $150 + outfit which is $400 now, so it should be $550 at the very least.

Heres the explanation from rainman's email yesterday:

There's one more thing that I should let you know, is rising price.

Until now, there were only $50 difference between the head and outfit set AND the outfit set only.

I just made this price rule from the beginning, but I was making a big mistake.

At that time, the casting fee was 1/3 from now, and also the lower cost for the painting.

However as you already know, the painted head, including casted head is $120 at the moment.

There must be $120 difference between those two sets but it was strangest price difference of $50 only.

I should have notice that but missed out.

Considering that there should be some advantage for set items rather than purchasing one item,

I've adjusted the price now.

I really wish you understand this. It's not that I just raised price without a reason.

Oh wow. Thanks for the info. So there still will be a combo offering, just now at a higher price than the past? Has RM said when this will be available?

He isn't offering that massive discount anymore. Be ready for $500 plus this time.

EXACTAMUNDO Robbie!

It was pretty much stated that the new pricing will be $400 for Clothes sets and $520 for H&Cs (which is essentially a clothes set + a $120 painted sculpt)

You brought up a very good point, PCK.

The pony tail sculpt, dance outfit (and the santa cruz outfit) are what separates a rainman vince figure apart from the numerous vince customs that have been made all this time.

Apparently the new secret item will be a "cute key holder" which I assume is a keychain like the Alex or Dude freebie?

If this is the case, I have to say I'm disappointed with the way this figure has been handled. Between the confusion about both outfits included with the fullset, to the addition of the tshirt and shorts in every set, to now the exclusive hand now being replaced with a keychain, it has been bumpy ride to say the least. I'll wait to see what this actually is, but I do not believe a keychain has any appeal as an exclusive item when there are much better accessory choices.

Has someone heard this from the man himself?

Has someone heard this from the man himself?

Yeah, he sent an email, before your other post. So i guess it must have supercede his latest email?

Heres the email which he sent a few hours ago:

I am so sorry.i can't connect my translater now. so i will talk simply~

you know that i add secret item for full set.

V finger and T-shirt and shorts.

people want me add V finger at outfit2.

the set and the finger is good match. i knew.

but i needed special gift for full set customer.

so i will make pretty Key holder for gift.

It will be very special gift for full set.

I hope you understand about it.

I can't ignore opinion of people.

but i can't follow all opinion.

i am alone.My member is 1.500 already.

I will show the cute key holder ASAP.

I will make Samuel L. Jackson for next item.

Thank you~~ for understanding.

I agree this has been a bit haywire. I'm sure that he never intended for things to flow like this. It seems that he feel behind schedule and the rush in efforts to catch up on this one really made the release suffer and sort of blew up in his face. I'm positive this is not the way he wanted the whole thing to play out but his is a product that can't be rushed.

From what Tim is saying it sounds like he feels really bad about how it's all going down. He's throwing the keychain in as a kind gesture to everyone and I'm sure he doesn't realize that people are more interested in a 1/6 accessory. But I feel that it's not an extra to improve the set but an "I'm sorry for the confusion" gift :wink1:

So $400 gets us.. the suit, shoes, and gun? I wish there were better pics of it...

You can see a pretty good spread on his site

Back