Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, he sent an email, before your other post. So i guess it must have supercede his latest email?

Heres the email which he sent a few hours ago:

I am so sorry.i can't connect my translater now. so i will talk simply~

you know that i add secret item for full set.

V finger and T-shirt and shorts.

people want me add V finger at outfit2.

the set and the finger is good match. i knew.

but i needed special gift for full set customer.

so i will make pretty Key holder for gift.

It will be very special gift for full set.

I hope you understand about it.

I can't ignore opinion of people.

but i can't follow all opinion.

i am alone.My member is 1.500 already.

I will show the cute key holder ASAP.

I will make Samuel L. Jackson for next item.

Thank you~~ for understanding.

Oh right I missed that. Very disappointing! :(

I enjoy rainman's extra key holders but feel, like most of us, a 1/6 item would be more appreciated. I have conveyed this to rainman.

I'm still confused, does RM usually release straight-up clothing sets? For non-full set buyers, do we need to grab the $400 sets, and wait for a painted head to be offered, or is there going to be an actual H+C Set 1 and H+C Set 2??

As usual, full sets are too expensive for me, but would like to grab a H+C set like I did with Anton. Missing out on the secret items suck but atlas, full set buyers need to be rewarded so its fair. Wonder if RM will include any kind of "fat suit" for the H+C buyers, or if that will again be a perk of the full-set only.

Rainman has confirmed the ponytail sculpt will NOT be made available:

Impossible to make ponytail

Already i made longhair head by ponytail head.

:(

I agree this has been a bit haywire. I'm sure that he never intended for things to flow like this. It seems that he feel behind schedule and the rush in efforts to catch up on this one really made the release suffer and sort of blew up in his face. I'm positive this is not the way he wanted the whole thing to play out but his is a product that can't be rushed.

From what Tim is saying it sounds like he feels really bad about how it's all going down. He's throwing the keychain in as a kind gesture to everyone and I'm sure he doesn't realize that people are more interested in a 1/6 accessory. But I feel that it's not an extra to improve the set but an "I'm sorry for the confusion" gift :wink1:

I agree. At the end of it all he only wants to make his fans happy. I understand his frustration with the changes but I'm not sure he understands ours.

It has been confused from the start, switching from the JRS hair to long hair (which still looks like it has been altered rather than designed that way), because of fans, adding redundant beach clothes to sets, because of some fans, again changing the exclusive item, because of fans. The plan kept changing, and still keeps changing, all while behind schedule. This in addition to the changes in H+C sets has made the situation worse.

I wish he could be clearer up front with his plan to everyone, rather than get feedback and scrolls of bolded "please do this!" "please change that!" posts after he has already done the work.

Im pretty sure he have made alterations to a finished sculpt before?

I dunno, maybe make another painted head with blood as the DX secret item then, if he cant make the ponytail ver?

Honestly, I get the feeling the man is tired and frustrated and while he wants to make all his fans happy, any changes will be minor ones, not adding a new head sculpt. I suggested that most people would prefer an accessory such as Vincent's book instead of a keychain. But at this point, after a record number of revisions, he will make what he makes and we will either buy it or not.

Im planning on a dancing clothes set and a blank head that gets modded to the correct hair.

Anyone interested in the same might be able to talk me into doing the same for them.

Maybe a hair kit could be offered.

Honestly, I get the feeling the man is tired and frustrated and while he wants to make all his fans happy, any changes will be minor ones, not adding a new head sculpt. I suggested that most people would prefer an accessory such as Vincent's book instead of a keychain. But at this point, after a record number of revisions, he will make what he makes and we will either buy it or not.

He could make the sandals as the secret item. But then the other outfit buyers that got the santa cruz outfit might start to request for it as well as its a good match too. :monkey1:lol

You know what I don't need a secret item for the full set. Just knock off 50 bucks from the price. I don't need the Bruce lee hand either.

I'm good with just Vince his suit and his beach clothes. Basta.

Rainman e-mailed me back and said the outfits with sculpts will be available next week around Friday.

He could make the sandals as the secret item. But then the other outfit buyers that got the santa cruz outfit might start to request for it as well as its a good match too. :monkey1:lol

exactly. :lol

He may remove the beachwear from outfits 1&2 and offer the beachwear as outfit3. That way no one would have to buy it twice. You can lobby for sandals with that, though he may be too tired for more changes. But maybe if you bold it 14 times... :lol

Rainman has confirmed the ponytail sculpt will NOT be made available:

Impossible to make ponytail

Already i made longhair head by ponytail head.

:(

:(:(:(:( F__k

I'm still confused, does RM usually release straight-up clothing sets? For non-full set buyers, do we need to grab the $400 sets, and wait for a painted head to be offered, or is there going to be an actual H+C Set 1 and H+C Set 2??

As usual, full sets are too expensive for me, but would like to grab a H+C set like I did with Anton. Missing out on the secret items suck but atlas, full set buyers need to be rewarded so its fair. Wonder if RM will include any kind of "fat suit" for the H+C buyers, or if that will again be a perk of the full-set only.

I'm sure there will be an official H&C for $520. I'm not sure why it's not up yet.

I believe that he included the "fat suit" for all sets for Anton. I'm still trying to figure out if there is one involved here with Vince.

Anton looks a little beefier in the promo pics on his site than how he actually showed up. That's what is worrying me about Vince. I think that respectively Vince looks pretty broad throughout his upper body, arms and legs so I'm assuming that some padding was used.

What do you guys think?

I agree. At the end of it all he only wants to make his fans happy. I understand his frustration with the changes but I'm not sure he understands ours.

Agreed on that. I hate to see the whole thing run so unsmoothly and I do feel for his aggravation. No one wants to stress him out. I also hope that he understands our frustrations as loyal fans and paying customers. I do appreciate the gesture to add a bonus item but not too sound unappreciative, it would make way more sense as an accessory for the figure. We all know that in keeping with the value and balance of all his previous sets, there should've been another accessory with this from the beginning

Agreed on that. I hate to see the whole thing run so unsmoothly and I do feel for his aggravation. No one wants to stress him out. I also hope that he understands our frustrations as loyal fans and paying customers. I do appreciate the gesture to add a bonus item but not too sound unappreciative, it would make way more sense as an accessory for the figure. We all know that in keeping with the value and balance of all his previous sets, there should've been another accessory with this from the beginning

Don't feel too bad, we are paying him a premium and I firmly believe that the dialogue between artist and patron is vital to ensuring the best possible end product and experience. :duff

Im planning on a dancing clothes set and a blank head that gets modded to the correct hair.

Anyone interested in the same might be able to talk me into doing the same for them.

Maybe a hair kit could be offered.

20130301094056cont_zps4c1807de.jpg

:clap Very nice

IDK why RM doesn't want to do it with so many of us interested but without the inserts in, this looks like an easy transformation back to the ponytail. I think the end result will look more natural than the way the long hair addition looks now :dunno

But if you think that you’re up for it and your confident that the end result will be killer, then tell us so I can grab a sculpt!

exactly. :lol

He may remove the beachwear from outfits 1&2 and offer the beachwear as outfit3. That way no one would have to buy it twice. You can lobby for sandals with that, though he may be too tired for more changes. But maybe if you bold it 14 times... :lol

He could just separate the beachwear and lower down the outfit set too. Theres no point in throwing in into the clothing set 1 and 2, IMO.

That said, I do think theres just too many opinions hes listening to right now that its confusing him :lol He should just pull back and do what he thinks is best - just like the old times.

I'm definitely getting one to mod into the ponytail or possibly a different version of the long hair.

20130301094056cont_zps4c1807de.jpg

:clap Very nice

IDK why RM doesn't want to do it with so many of us interested but without the inserts in, this looks like an easy transformation back to the ponytail. I think the end result will look more natural than the way the long hair addition looks now :dunno

I agree. it does look very easy - especially with someone like Rainman's skill.

That said, the last thing I wanna do is spend more on an already expensive rainman full set :dunno its one thing to improve and spend more on a HT product, but on a rainman full set piece ...:panic:

Back