Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 sets for general sale really isn't a lot good luck to all going in tonight. Just don't forget they WILL probably pop up again over the next week or so so if you miss out tonight there's nearly always another chance.

Oh I know. I am not even going for a full-set. I think I am going to try and get a H&C this Friday. Will he post the time for that release as well?

This will be my first Rainman purchase so I am pretty new to this.

4 sets for general sale really isn't a lot good luck to all going in tonight. Just don't forget they WILL probably pop up again over the next week or so so if you miss out tonight there's nearly always another chance.

Lets hope so mate cause it doesn't look like the odds are stacked in my favour ...damm you vip's ;) I really wanted this fs ...

It says they will be included with the clothing sets but I don't see it as a stand alone purchase on the site.

By all accounts the clothing sets currently listed DO NOT include sculpts even though the description states they do. Apparently a typo the H&C sculpts are coming later next week I'd imagine the single painted sculpts will appear then as well. Rainman is probably waiting for a painted sample from Aeon before putting the pics up.

Lets hope so mate cause it doesn't look like the odds are stacked in my favour ...damm you vip's ;) I really wanted this fs ...

I really think that was misunderstood earlier. Ever since the Dude he made sure to give everyone more of a chance. I think that he probably would split the 35 sets like 20 to VIPs and 15 to general sale; if he didn't split it 50/50.

I'm sure there are more than 4 sets left

I really think that was misunderstood earlier. Ever since the Dude he made sure to give everyone more of a chance. I think that he probably would split the 35 sets like 20 to VIPs and 15 to general sale; if he didn't split it 50/50.

Just going on what someone said earlier they claimed they heard it directly from Rainman. You could be and probably are right though :)

Cool mike I hope so brother .

I need to hit VIP status .

Well good luck to everyone when that time comes. The full set is a pass for me (only because I'm invested in so many other things right now)....but who knows what I'll end up doing when the H+C set goes up.

Just going on what someone said earlier they claimed they heard it directly from Rainman. You could be and probably are right though :)

Yea I think that he probably meant 4 VIP sets were left. Unless things are really that tight and he doesn't feel like going thru the back & forth, up & down BS. His policy was to split it prior to this but he did put the three day rule into effect so maybe he really is running a first come first serve thing :dunno.

I still doubt it though. I can't see him leaving that many people in the cold no matter how bad he may want to sell out hassle free

I'm sure you'll be a VIP soon enough. Good luck on getting the full set tonight. If not just keep checking, I'm sure it'll pop back up on the site for the week or two.

I can see that you really don't dig the BK stuff huh? :lol Which is cool, some of these props rate differently on our own personal scales of importance. Not all of them are as straight forward as their guns.

But I'm hoping all relevant and feasible things make the cut with minimal sacrifice.

My mentality on the BK stuff is it's to Jules as the fast food drink is to Mr. Blonde. All licensed figures of Blondie come with the drink; Sideshow, Palisades & Mezco. Really I couldn't care about the burger, but I think the drink is cool as hell. I also think it adds a nice display variation instead of just pointing a gun. I would think that's a no brainer but I'm seeing that surprisingly everyone doesn't see it that way.

I'd like to see the brief case light up too. I'd say that's not RM's MO but then again he did offer Lucy. While I'm sure that he didn't wire it himself it’s way more complicated than a light up case with an LED would be. Plus Robbie said that it's easy and he has experience with his Stark body. I'm hoping for it but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it was just straight up sculpted and non-functioning

I love the BK burger and Sprite and bag, I would love to have everything but there are more Jules pieces than Vince has just to make him SA. The writing is on the wall I think, that Jules will not come with every piece possible.

So for you, where do you rank the drink cup? Above or below the jewelry, the wallet? I know you're not a fan of the dorkwear so I assume you'd be willing to cut that if necessary for the fast food (not really an option now that Vince has his set).

Honestly, I want Rainman to do the difficult stuff. A BK drink cup and bag would be so easy to make compared to the tiny metal rings for Tuco (or Jules) for instance. All I'm saying is to exclude a more difficult to create, character centered prop such as the wallet or a cool feature such as the case light for the drink cup is not preferable, imo.

I was gearing up to get ready and try to grab a fullset but after thinking about it I think I'll wait and try and grab a H&C set, the book and extra clothes doesn't do it for me, goodluck to whoever is going after the fullset tonight!

@ Rick:

Well I'm a huge fan of the cup. Again it's a personal preference and we all rate this stuff differently. What would I sacrifice for it....ooff, that's a toughy. I know that many would disagree but I'd probably give up the light up function on the case. Not because I don't think it would be cool as hell, but I see some downsides with it. Mainly it will only look good from one angle. I'm sure the inside would be a very unfinished look and would be a bit of an eyesore.

My ideal Jules accessory list (I'm including dork gear b/c it's a given): Gun, bracelet, ring, BK drink, Bad MOFO, brief case, (drink, Bad MOFO or brief case as secret item), dork gear.

I really don't think that this list is a tall order. It may be an item or two more than usual but they are all little things.

I'm leaving out the shoes from now on b/c he always makes shoes :lol. The only shoes that I see as an added accessory is Pee Wee's tequila boots.

Best of luck my brother :hi5:

No he definitely meant 4 sets were left altogether :(

Really... surprising and disappointing

Back