Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What would you have preferred? There's not a lot else Vincent used or would you rather have the sculpted keychain?

It's true that aside from JRS stuff Vince has few things that could be considered a logical accessory. I would've MUCH rather the brief case. It's the only thing that makes sense. One, it's a much more important prop in the movie and two, it's something that RM would sculpt.

That's probably why it didn't happen I'm assuming; he is obviously pressed for time and couldn't fit in another sculpted accessory that would have to be painted. I'm assuming that this will end up in the Jules set so I guess no biggy. A filter-less cigarette would've been very fitting for Vince too.

I guess it boils down to your personal display preference. I know some guys don’t mind accessories that you can display around the fig’s feet. Personally I like things that the figure could hold and/or something that can be used in poses. The way I see it I’m not going to pose Vince like this so the book isn’t as fitting as the brief case

2338218puazaa886kdpzck_zps50a1de2f.jpg

I like that order. I hope I can get a FS Vincent tonight and then Jules in a month or so or whenever. Mia is a 50/50. And dancing Vince is probably only 25%.
So if I miss the full set will there be a painted head and clothing set offered as in the past? I see the clothing only and the unpainted head.

I'm 100% on Jules, 100% on JRS Vincent & 50/50 on Mia. She's gonna have to knock my socks off and be 90% perfect for me to commit.

I reached it by buying a combination of FS, DX and H&C sets.

Cool beans! Good to know! I think I'm close, though I've already spent a good amount of money on Rainman figures indirectly coming on as a late fan.

These guys already answered you but I'll add you should see double listings of all the full sets if your VIP account is set up. You'll see 2 listings for non-DX stuff (1 VIP & 1 Reg.) so respectively you'll see 4 listings for DX stuff.

As long as you hit the sum you're good. Technically you can get VIP by buying 21 painted heads and never buying one full set. The way he has it set up (which is smart and most businesses with reward accounts use similar tactics) you'll just fall short of VIP if you buy 3 full sets; so that means you'd need 1 more item to put you over the top.

I'm just glad it wasn't anything specific for that $2,500 spending point, like only having to get a DX or Full Set that totaled that amount. I think I'm pretty close and should hopefully be there before the year ends for sure! Broke Azz VIP! :lol

It's true that aside from JRS stuff Vince has few things that could be considered a logical accessory. I would've MUCH rather the brief case. It's the only thing that makes sense. One, it's a much more important prop in the movie and two, it's something that RM would sculpt.

That's probably why it didn't happen I'm assuming; he is obviously pressed for time and couldn't fit in another sculpted accessory that would have to be painted. I'm assuming that this will end up in the Jules set so I guess no biggy. A filter-less cigarette would've been very fitting for Vince too.

I guess it boils down to your personal display preference. I know some guys don’t mind accessories that you can display around the fig’s feet. Personally I like things that the figure could hold and/or something that can be used in poses. The way I see it I’m not going to pose Vince like this so the book isn’t as fitting as the brief case

I'm 100% on Jules, 100% on JRS Vincent & 50/50 on Mia. She's gonna have to knock my socks off and be 90% perfect for me to commit.

Pop remember that Jules had that briefcase last so a Bad Motherfu&%&& wallet and briefcase would pretty much be Jules Accessories.

Your going after Mia man stop talking *****.
The way this forum has been an influence on Rainman.
There is no way in hell a half-*** Mia gets done.

OH man! I have that toilet set! I never found a good use for it, but this has me thinking twice! LOL! Oh man..! :lol

Pop remember that Jules had that briefcase last so a Bad Motherfu&%&& wallet and briefcase would pretty much be Jules Accessories.

Your going after Mia man stop talking *****.
The way this forum has been an influence on Rainman.
There is no way in hell a half-*** Mia gets done.

I hope you're right. Hopefully Jules will be thought out better. I just hope sticking the brief case on him doesn't beef up his accessories list too much and everything that should be in there makes the cut:

Gun, Big Kahuna drink (and/or burger), bracelet, ring or sculpted hand with ring, shoes, brief case, Bad Mofo. You know the dork clothes will have to be made for him now too; I just hope that something more relevant doesn't get X'd because of them.

Ok....so maybe I'm more like 65/35 on Mia :lol. The point is it won't break my heart to have to pass if she doesn't ring the bells. I really feel like Vince isn't 100% what I was hoping for but it's fkin' Vince so I can't pass

I associate the case much more with Jules anyway, he certainly handles it more and defends it, but with him having so many props perhaps the briefcase would have been better for Vincent just to balance them out. And the dork wear Vince could hold the book.

Here's my line up

Vincent: black suit w/ white shirt, tie, shoes, pistol, watch, t-shirt & shorts, sandals, book. (other than the sandals, cigarette and maybe an alternate bloody shirt there's nothing left to include)

Jules: black suit w/ white shirt, tie w/ clip, shoes, pistol, watch, ring, bracelet, necklace, t-shirt & shorts, briefcase, BMF wallet, sandals. (we probably won't get sandals again) maybe burger, drink & bag but this already seems like a lot of stuff, certainly more than Vince.

JRS Vince: black jacket w/ white shirt, black jeans, bolo tie, shoes, watch, 2 'V' dance hands, coat, cigarette, heroin kit.

Mia: white shirt, bra, black pants, shoes, wedding ring, Red Apple cigarette pack, cigarette, syringe, JRS dance trophy. I can't think of much else for her... maybe an alternate overdose head? ha

Butch: t-shirt, jacket, jeans, shoes, samurai sword, gold watch, kangaroo, suppressed uzi. maybe alternate bloody shirt and head?

Last edited:
I associate the case much more with Jules anyway, he certainly handles it more and defends it, but with him having so many props perhaps the briefcase would have been better for Vincent just to balance them out. And the dork wear Vince could hold the book.

Here's my line up

Vincent: black suit w/ white shirt, tie, shoes, pistol, watch, t-shirt & shorts, sandals, book. (other than the sandals, cigarette and maybe an alternate bloody shirt there's nothing left to include)

Jules: black suit w/ white shirt, tie w/ clip, shoes, pistol, watch, ring, bracelet, necklace, t-shirt & shorts, briefcase, BMF wallet, sandals. (we probably won't get sandals again) maybe burger, drink & bag but this already seems like a lot of stuff, certainly more than Vince.

JRS Vince: black jacket w/ white shirt, black jeans, bolo tie, shoes, watch, pistol?, coat, cigarette, heroin kit.

Mia: white shirt, bra, black pants, shoes, cigarette, syringe, JRS dance trophy. I can't think of much else for her... maybe an alternate overdose head? ha

Butch: t-shirt, jacket, jeans, shoes, samurai sword, gold watch, kangaroo.

:goodpost: :exactly:
Somebody please send this to Rainman STAT!

Here's my line up

JRS Vince: black jacket w/ white shirt, black jeans, bolo tie, shoes, watch, pistol?, coat, cigarette, heroin kit.

Mia: white shirt, bra, black pants, shoes, cigarette, syringe, JRS dance trophy. I can't think of much else for her... maybe an alternate overdose head? ha

Butch: t-shirt, jacket, jeans, shoes, samurai sword, gold watch, kangaroo.

Very nice! I like where your head's at.

If Mia comes with a bra that'll push me closer to signing up....holy f__k I just lost 100 Man Points on that :ohbfrank:

If Butch happened I'd add to your list Vincent's surpressed Uzi & I'd like to see a BD bloody version option.

JRS Vince sounds perfect. I think it would be good to see 2 (L&R) dance hands instead of the pistol.

Mia is perfect too. I never think about the trophy; AWESOME! Buuuuut you forgot.... the $5 milkshake

I know that the book goes with the dork clothes but I’m really not a fan of the whole idea of the dork clothes.

Very nice! I like where your head's at.

If Mia comes with a bra that'll push me closer to signing up....holy f__k I just lost 100 Man Points on that :ohbfrank:

If Butch happened I'd add to your list Vincent's surpressed Uzi & I'd like to see a BD bloody version option.

JRS Vince sounds perfect. I think it would be good to see 2 (L&R) dance hands instead of the pistol.

Mia is perfect too. I never think about the trophy; AWESOME! Buuuuut you forgot.... the $5 milkshake

I know that the book goes with the dork clothes but I’m really not a fan of the whole idea of the dork clothes.

ha. I edited to reflect your great suggestions. But the $5 shake I don't really desire, and going back to your first point, do you really want to pose her holding that?

Honestly, I'm worried about Jules since he has so many pieces. I think the BK food will need to be sacrificed in favor of the jewelry and wallet. Maybe a light-up case for the fullset?

ha. I edited to reflect your great suggestions. But the $5 shake I don't really desire, and going back to your first point, do you really want to pose her holding that?

Honestly, I'm worried about Jules since he has so many pieces. I think the BK food will need to be sacrificed in favor of the jewelry and wallet. Maybe a light-up case for the fullset?

BMF Wallet, jewelry and light up case over BK food for me. Would be happy to see the fast food cut in order to get the rest. Your suggestions are all solid Jeff I'm sure Jules will be done right.

No! No cuts! :lol cut the dork crap

If it can't be both I'd really like to see at least one part of the BK stuff get in there. That's a prop that is the most memorable part of that scene which is subjectively the most popular/memorable/recognized part of the movie.

As for the milkshake I'd definitely like to have that as an option to display and alternate between her and Vince.

I think we should all be proactive and start finding out what everybody wants (Don't worry no top ten from me)

We can avoid any confusion and just let Rainman know what we all agreed on.

Should be fun watching everybody fight... I mean sort their differences in a professional manner :)

If it can't be both I'd really like to see at least one part of the BK stuff get in there. That's a prop that is the most memorable part of that scene which is subjectively the most popular/memorable/recognized part of the movie.

As for the milkshake I'd definitely like to have that as an option to display and alternate between her and Vince.

That is very subjective it's most certainly not my fave part of the movie (awesome scene though). I'd like the fast food stuff to be included when it comes to it but gotta be realistic we can't have everything. Tbh is a long way off I'm just ecstatic we have Vincent so far and what ever RM decides for Jules will be awesome no doubt.

I think we should all be proactive and start finding out what everybody wants (Don't worry no top ten from me)

We can avoid any confusion and just let Rainman know what we all agreed on.

Should be fun watching everybody fight... I mean sort their differences in a professional manner :)

LOL good idea but it'll likely descend into chaos as it always does :rotfl

If we can't get everything they touched in the movie, which is unrealistic and cost prohibitive, each should come with their own stuff before other props, the briefcase being the exception. I'd much rather Jules come with his jewel-ry and wallet (and a light up case!) before a drink and burger he took from some kid seconds before he killed him. We've got to prioritize what are essential and important pieces and what isn't. 1/6 food comes at the very bottom of the list, just above bloody bathroom towels, imo. Of course the dork clothes aren't theirs, but we've got them at this point and being split into 2 looks, this Vince really needed more stuff.

That would've been cool though I think the book will display better. But almost any accessory > keychain.

A shot of adrenaline to stick Mia with. Eric Stoltz was so hilarious in this scene, haha.

"No, you don't gotta ********g stab her three times! You gotta stab her once, but it's gotta be hard enough to break through her breastplate into her heart, and then once you do that, you press down on the plunger."

"Yeah, I ain't ever done it before either, alright? I ain't starting now! Look, you brought her here, and that means that you're giving her the shot. The day that I bring an OD-ing b***h over to your house, then I give her the shot. Give her the shot."

pulp_fiction_stoltz.jpg

pulp-fiction-screenshot.jpg

PulpFictionAdrenaline.jpg

^^^ @ brocha :rock:rock:rock

If we can't get everything they touched in the movie, which is unrealistic and cost prohibitive, each should come with their own stuff before other props, the briefcase being the exception. I'd much rather Jules come with his jewel-ry and wallet (and a light up case!) before a drink and burger he took from some kid seconds before he killed him. We've got to prioritize what are essential and important pieces and what isn't. 1/6 food comes at the very bottom of the list, just above bloody bathroom towels, imo. Of course the dork clothes aren't theirs, but we've got them at this point and being split into 2 looks, this Vince really needed more stuff.

I can see that you really don't dig the BK stuff huh? :lol Which is cool, some of these props rate differently on our own personal scales of importance. Not all of them are as straight forward as their guns.

But I'm hoping all relevant and feasible things make the cut with minimal sacrifice.

My mentality on the BK stuff is it's to Jules as the fast food drink is to Mr. Blonde. All licensed figures of Blondie come with the drink; Sideshow, Palisades & Mezco. Really I couldn't care about the burger, but I think the drink is cool as hell. I also think it adds a nice display variation instead of just pointing a gun. I would think that's a no brainer but I'm seeing that surprisingly everyone doesn't see it that way.

I'd like to see the brief case light up too. I'd say that's not RM's MO but then again he did offer Lucy. While I'm sure that he didn't wire it himself it’s way more complicated than a light up case with an LED would be. Plus Robbie said that it's easy and he has experience with his Stark body. I'm hoping for it but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it was just straight up sculpted and non-functioning

2 hours away Gents!!

4 sets for general sale really isn't a lot good luck to all going in tonight. Just don't forget they WILL probably pop up again over the next week or so so if you miss out tonight there's nearly always another chance.

Back