Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have faith based on the Anton and Bill sculpts from Aeon. Obviously, I can't compare without having RM versions in hand

WlbWJGS.jpg

Thanks Sam :duff

Love seeing them outfit sets on the red velvet :drool

The gun and watch look superb!

I am so pleased I went fs on this, that paint job does nothing for me sadly :monkey2

Actually Dane I really think that she got the eye color more accurate than he did! I mean pics play silly tricks sometimes but judging by these, I'd say hers are a deeper blue (more spot on) and his are lighter and more of a crystal blue.

I hope that he could do the eyes the same color as hers for the final!

I seriously couldn't disagree more!!! Please don't advise Rainman to change them to Aeon's eye colour for goodness sake :pray:

This paintjob is perfect in every conceivable way!!!

559802_541737649194433_638024201_n.jpg

There's a difference in lighting between the two paint jobs so that has to be taken into consideration also but I agree , from the looks of it Rainman's has the better paint job.

Yeah, I think lighting and the contrast of the camera could be playing a role. Having said that, if these look exactly as they do here in-hand, then Pop, I will gladly trade you the Aeon one for your Rainman painted version, so you've got nothing to fear on that front :lol

The only problem I have with Aeon's paint job, (which isn't much of a problem anyway) is that the eyes are a bit too bright. If you look at pictures of John Travolta he has a deeper shade of blue than the ones on the figure.

$400 difference I HOPE that Rainman's paint job is better. Otherwise thats one expensive truetype.

Well, people aren't necessarily paying for a better paint job so much as one done by the artist responsible for the figure. DF Studios rarely rivaled his work, but I think the Iminime and Aeon stuff certainly did. As I recall, Buttmunch was selling a Silent Surfer painted Dude figure (with the rainman stuff) and couldn't get near the price the full set went for on the secondary market.

:lecture

From start to finish Rainman work. It's his sculpt, his work, should be his paint.

But let's be honest! No one is a triple threat in the business like this man.

I wonder about how much input Rainman actually has on the tailoring though. I used to assume he was totally in charge, but I think Teddy suggested that he really wasn't. Rainman himself is probably the greatest sculptor of small accessories I've ever seen though.

Well, people aren't necessarily paying for a better paint job so much as one done by the artist responsible for the figure. DF Studios rarely rivaled his work, but I think the Iminime and Aeon stuff certainly did. As I recall, Buttmunch was selling a Silent Surfer painted Dude figure (with the rainman stuff) and couldn't get near the price the full set went for on the secondary market.

From an investment standpoint the Rainman fullsets are a no-brainer. That's just not my focus in the hobby, and he's not my favorite painter.

From start to finish Rainman work. It's his sculpt, his work, should be his paint.

But let's be honest! No one is a triple threat in the business like this man.

:exactly: His sculpt with his paint to finish. Look at Doc, in hand pics of the Aeon paint apps look worlds apart from the Full sets/Dx's.

:lol

I spend my money on what looks the best to me, not what has the highest resale value. :dunno

Back