[Rainman Artwork]The Butcher "Bill 2nd"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [Rainman Artwork]The Butcher V2 MARCH PREORDER

View attachment 99103[/QUOTE]

I've got shivers ... Looks just how I imagined it would grail for me .

The paint work looks superb .

I hope Rainman makes one extended run on this one.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on this! Shiny sculpt and all!

In that last pic I don't see how you can tell that the head is shiny. Looks absolutely fine.

In that last pic I don't see how you can tell that the head is shiny. Looks absolutely fine.

Based off the pics it looks like it's giving off a shiny appearance even in the dark promo pic. There's just something about it that looks more in line with a resin that would be used as an alternative to producing much more durable casts, the kind that high volume toy companies would use. Is it possible that he's decided to use a different more durable type of resin? It's giving off that hottoys shine to it even painted. The only way to truly be able to tell is when it's in hand.

I haven't been able to get a clear explanation or point of view from a board professional who's familiar with this type of thing, just troll slander.

Last edited:

Sculpt looks perfect. No issue.

Based off the pics it looks like it's giving off a shiny appearance even in the dark promo pic. There's just something about it that looks more in line with a resin that would be used as an alternative to producing much more durable casts, the kind that high volume toy companies would use. Is it possible that he's decided to use a different more durable type of resin? It's giving off that hottoys shine to it even painted. The only way to truly be able to tell is when it's in hand.

I haven't been able to get a clear explanation or point of view from a board professional who's familiar with this type of thing, just troll slander.

I'll back ya up that the resin he uses has changed. My first thought when I got an Alex Delarge in last week was that it was really shiny compared to his older casts. Not sure but I wouldn't think it would affect the paint....especially the ones they probably use over there.

Most HT sculpt seem to made out of vinyl type rubber now not a really hard resin

I know what you mean. The older rainman figure have this 'shine' to the cast.

IMO HT's sculpt are matte and have no 'shine'.

P58eN9f.jpg

It's amazing how quickly he and his team work on these customs. One day you are seeing a WIP of one of the items and 2 days later you get a full figure preview...nuts!

Just like Rob just said, mass producing companies don't even use resin; they use ABS/PVC. There are plenty different types of resin out there and there are a lot of other people who produce sculpts here that use a shiny type as opposed to that matte white, chalky kind or the matte grey type. I'm not a resin expert but I know that the process of mixing and casting resin is not the same as working with ABS, no matter what kind of resin it is. Working with resin in general is a garage operation type method so regardless of the type, it still has that fragility that your concerned about. Actually, working with resin is a cheaper method than the process that mass producers use. You need factory conditions to produce things in ABS and that's the only real reason that small ops use resin; not to mention that resin itself is cheap. Once you learn the process of casting you can do it at home. How do you think all these recasters are doing it?

I like that hog!! I thought that Vallon's Celtic Cross would have been a better DX because it's more of a significant prop but this is actually really cool and fitting for the version.

Another cool accessory would have been Vallon's picture in Bill's joint and the pipe would have been cool too.

I'm pumped for this but I'm really concerned about the body. I can't see how that 21 is going to give this version that long, thin armed, lanky look that the first version had. I'm hoping that I'm completely wrong and somehow or another it just works when it's all put together but IDK.... if he looks like roided up Bill the bouncer that would be a deal breaker for me :(

Use PM's guys - lets keep this Rainman thread positive!
Oh wait - Rm thread - fair enough...:lol:lol:lol

All is fair in love in war in a RM thread! :D

my only wonder is, shouldn't the hat be brown? i guess this is pre paint and pre ribbon?

Looking great, was watching the blu ray today and I could have sworn the monk kill scene top hat is a green color

It's one of those funky colors that changes in the light on screen but in most scenes where the light is right , it's pretty clearly brown. I'm wondering why he chose to paint it instead of just casting it in the proper color :confused:

I hope he knows that it's brown, not black :lol

Hopefully no one complain about the likeness on the pig head. :pray:

Looks nothing like the on screen swine. Likeness is way off and needs major work. Total fail. Major pass

It's amazing how quickly he and his team work on these customs. One day you are seeing a WIP of one of the items and 2 days later you get a full figure preview...nuts!

The Man's a machine!

Back