[Rainman Artwork]The Butcher "Bill 2nd"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [Rainman Artwork]The Butcher V2 MARCH PREORDER

Why dosnt he make more full sets ... When there is demand. No one really off loads theirs barring a few as most are genuine collectors and am sure would love to get these accessories like the pig. Especially for this release as this figure will be a relatively quick and effortless turnaround for him...
:exactly: I agree 100%:lecture This release will Be TUFF!:gah:

Why dosnt he make more full sets ... When there is demand. No one really off loads theirs barring a few as most are genuine collectors and am sure would love to get these accessories like the pig. Especially for this release as this figure will be a relatively quick and effortless turnaround for him...

Ya right? I rather Rainman release this a year from now but everyone who wants one can get one. Albeit, that would defeat the purpose of "limited edition" but being in this hobby for so long, that's all just bs to me now. I just want the figures, who cares about edition size.

Ya right? I rather Rainman release this a year from now but everyone who wants one can get one. Albeit, that would defeat the purpose of "limited edition" but being in this hobby for so long, that's all just bs to me now. I just want the figures, who cares about edition size.

Yep i am ok with the wait too. All i am saying is there is a reason he is doing a second run, why would he want it just to go to collectors who already have the previous version. Yes those much deserving loyals should get it for sure and so should many others especially when there is demand enough to do a second run (different but still a second run)

I am amazed about this hobby, after spending a fortune i dont know anyone in my circle who is as crazy about it as i am. So in essence i dont really care how limited a run is, i care how good the work is and what he created with butcher before is a masterpiece, just like some of the work by iminime these days (remarkable). To be honest this is the only one from rainman i m crazy about so far or i would hate to miss (from a character + outcome combo perspective )...there are great work from him and i am not so keen on those characters and then there are great characters like travolta / pulp fiction but i dint like him so much or the way it was done... Great but not flawless like this one!

I think it's all about workload, schedule, and his business plan. He's only one man with one other painter and a tailor. Historically he cranks out about 4 releases per year. He only was able to do 3 last year because of Bickle. Bickle was obviously a heavy load and took a lot of wind out of him. I'm sure these are all the things he has to weigh out so he doesn't burn out. If he wants to accomplish 4 Rainman Artworks releases, a few commissions, whatever he does with Elf Doll and whatever he does with unrelated things (like the 1:1 commission or painting that restaurant) in a year, I'm sure it all has to do with pacing himself to keep sane.

When Iminime was smaller they used to put a much lower cap on edition size to balance schedule and deadlines. Beto to this day only produces maybe 1/3-1/2 of what Rainman does in a year. These small ops can't churn out big volume like a mass producer. It's probably easier for HT to add 300-400 pieces to a release than it is for Beto or Rainman to add 10-30 or Iminime to add 50-60

I think it's all about workload, schedule, and his business plan. He's only one man with one other painter and a tailor. Historically he cranks out about 4 releases per year. He only was able to do 3 last year because of Bickle. Bickle was obviously a heavy load and took a lot of wind out of him. I'm sure these are all the things he has to weigh out so he doesn't burn out. If he wants to accomplish 4 Rainman Artworks releases, a few commissions, whatever he does with Elf Doll and whatever he does with unrelated things (like the 1:1 commission or painting that restaurant) in a year, I'm sure it all has to do with pacing himself to keep sane.

When Iminime was smaller they used to put a much lower cap on edition size to balance schedule and deadlines. Beto to this day only produces maybe 1/3-1/2 of what Rainman does in a year. These small ops can't churn out big volume like a mass producer. It's probably easier for HT to add 300-400 pieces to a release than it is for Beto or Rainman to add 10-30 or Iminime to add 50-60

I completely agree. What i meant was clearly there is a demand and potential to make some more ... Like more full sets than h and c... Etc... Balance out dx vs full set numbers. I am not saying simply add multiple release numbers exponentially, but a lot can be achieved by playing a bit on numbers. But again who am i. I am just hoping to bucket one... For now one of these and that dx set by iminime, thats all that is there on my mind. Lol that and yeah an empty bank account!

Anyways getting back to the topic....it would be a dream if the pig came with h and c... Lol... And i lived in an air castle but again... Phew...

I can almost gaurentee pig won't be H&C, that is def a Fullset or DX item but again who knows

I just want a H+C. Thats all I want for Christmas. It is March.

I agree. If I can grab those, I'll have an ear to ear grin for a long while. And my wife won't be nearly as angry when I tell her what I paid lol.

That pig head shouldn't justify a DX for me. I hope the price will stay reasonable right after Bickle..

That pig head shouldn't justify a DX for me. I hope the price will stay reasonable right after Bickle..

Yes, I agree. I personally think that should just be the 'secret' item for full set and the club be included in the regular clothing set, considering the main sculpt (Bill) is a reworked of an existing sculpt. Because normally with the "DX" tag, it warrants at least another $200 :lol

Exactly.. And considering we already know he sculpted two versions of the head. I'm pretty sure we'll have something close to what he offered for Bickle. A dandy version and a butcher version maybe, 2 hs, 2 outfits, monks club and pig head. Something to reach that $1400 new standard price for a DX.

Exactly.. And considering we already know he sculpted two versions of the head. I'm pretty sure we'll have something close to what he offered for Bickle. A dandy version and a butcher version maybe, 2 hs, 2 outfits, monks club and pig head. Something to reach that $1400 new standard price for a DX.

This is news to me. Unless you mean the old version of Bill V1.

I don't see any reason why he would release the old version of Bill. Maybe I am missing something though?

I'm just the opposite. I want a DX strictly for that Pig Head. I think it looks Unbelievably Cool!
I think I won't have a shot to get the DX cause it'll sell out too quick.
I will try to buy a H & C Set then and end up paying a decent Flipper Price for the DX afterwards if I can?

83C92954-6DFA-454C-919A-C3BACE1EE3B2-4399-00000F8527A25034_zpsb9523649.jpg

I ll try my best for one fullset, i liked a lot the pig head, but i wont go for dx in case it go on it

I only think that nothing of the clothes were shown yet, and as i understood this ll be sale in friday tops for vips

Back