Rainman Project (Crazy Dog Stansfield)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear that Tay.

If mine is like that I will be sending it back. As Aaron said, we have paid a substantial amount and there is no reason nor excuse we should be getting varying paintjobs.

Absolutely, don't blame you at all bud! There should not be varying levels of paint apps, you guys have shelled at an enormous amount of wonga and should be 100% blown away and there should also be 100% continuity with the paint ups

I hope Jack steps in and sorts this out for you guys I really do

Tay I certainly wouldn't just accept the situation buddy, I would certainly be shooting SantaJack a pm

I would like to add that the eyes on mine are really green as well. The positioning of the eye may be different but I don't think the color is any different. It doesn't bother me in person.

with the previous offering on rainman's site there was a notice that the iris placement and eyeline may vary slightly from figure to figure.

with the previous offering on rainman's site there was a notice that the iris placement and eyeline may vary slightly from figure to figure.

I hear what your saying bud but where do you draw the line at ''slight''

IMO the ''slight'' placement is figure changing

I believe there were eyes straight ahead, looking up and looking off to one side variations of The Bad. And some horizontal/straight eye variation on the Col. Mortimer and Tucos. I can't recall about the Fight Club ones.

I am not trying to p__s on anybody's parade please don't see it that way

I am merely making a point for the person(s) that are unhappy with their version compared to Woffs

If your happy with what you have tho then that is great happy days

I am not trying to p__s on anybody's parade please don't see it that way

I am merely making a point for the person(s) that are unhappy with their version compared to Woffs

If your happy with what you have tho then that is great happy days

Point taken. I can understand why people would unhappy if theirs didn't turn out like the one shown though.

It arrived yesterday and it's great , incredible figure.
Sadly I actually have what appears to be one of the crappier paint jobs with the almost turquoise eyes.
With having an extra head to get repainted though I'm just going to keep this , on the plus side the tailoring is fantastic and all the accessories were in the box. Including the Inception totem which is ten times better than the one that came with the blu ray set.

I'll take some photos soon.

Apart from the vibrant colour Tay, what is the positioning of the iris like?

Lets see some pics fellas. Despite the apparently wandering eyes, Rainman's work is great, soooo lets see some of it! Please. Thank you, Bye bye.

I believe Tay is daddy day care this weekend

Hope he brings us pics later tonight :(

:lol Yeah , sorry I haven't posted much in here guys. It's been mayhem here this past week. :rotfl I've not slept now and it's half 7 in the morning. :rotfl

Anyway to go into a little more detail.
My Stansfields eyes are looking straight on and are what I'd describe as a turqouise colour. If I had to say blue or green , they'd be green. Maybe Rainman thought this looked correct but to me personally it looks a little strange , the skin paint job appears just slightly to pale to me as well and maybe the facial hair a little over the top on mine.
Although I think all this , the actual paint job itself is fantastic , not as accurate as it could be in my honest opinion but I feel bad for complaining almost.

Remember how excited for this figure I was too , maybe that adds to the slight dissapointment and I'm only being honest since I wouldn't want to come in lying about how amazing I thought my paint job was whilst everyone else might not be to happy.

The great news is , it can be repainted anyway. Hopefully by Rainman himself for those of you debating sending it back if you don't like it ( for free probably too ) or another artist. :dunno
This figure overall is brilliant.
I've shown this to 3 friends who usually always say things like " stop wasting money on this crap and spend money out with us more " but none of them actually said anything like that when I told them the price of this one and shown them the box which really surprised me.
Wheter that was because they knew I'd start a huge nerd rant about how accurate it was or if they actually liked it I'll never know but it's as if it's just classy. :lol
With there being only so few of them aswell it just adds to how excellent it feels to have one here !.

The tailoring is like Wofford said too probably the best I have seen in this scale , the jacket , pants and what I was most concerned about before finally getting him , the shirt. It's all done to a high class standard and so far I haven't seen better.

The accessories , although there aren't many of them are all great , the shotgun even being " pumbable " if that's the correct term. :lol

The box like I mentioned and like I'm sure you're all expecting is very classy and I'll be sure to be keeping mine safe and in hopefully mint condition.

The packaging on the parcel was very good.

Regardless of the slight paint work isuues I have this figure is just awesome. It screams the bad ass character of Stansfield and if I came in sounding like I was complaining please don't think that's how I feel about this one. When I opened the box I probably didn't stop smiling for 20 minutes , having Stansfield with Leon now has just completed the set ( until Matilda of course ).
It's the sculpt and tailoring that make this one , I must have reposed it at least five times already. I'm just going to see if I can take the very few things that bother me and make this perfect for myself but I'm probably going to obsess over this now forever anyway. :dunno:lol

I'll try my best to take some photos in the morning , all the kids should be gone early enough.
If you haven't received this yet and aren't looking forward to it , be excited instead. For the price of this guy you should be. :monkey3:D

Oh and one more thing , Santajack and Rainman gave what was probably the best online shopping experience I've ever had. Tracking available for everything and a friendly guy available on the forum and through email. An epic final figure and fastish shipping , what more could you ask for ?. :dunno
Even if the next figure Rainman makes only slightly interests me I'll be tempted to try and buy one just because of how limited these things are and how smooth the whole thing was.

Thanks SantaJack for the help and Rainman for making my grail. :wave
Now do Matilda. :nana::rotfl

The pig avatar is coming back.

Stansfield > Christmas. :lecture

Last edited:
So sorry Tay that the paint job on this has disappointed you, I knew how much you were looking forward to this!

Too me sounds like you have got a Studio DF paint job, I found there facial hair to be over the top on my Norton head which is why I opted for an unpainted head this time around.

I really think you guys should come together and ask Rainman to put this right, the guy clearly is one of the best painters around, his paint jobs on Norton and Pitt were amazing so I don't see why this can't be the same

Just my 2 cents

Thanks for the comments Tay. Sorry to hear about the paintjob.

Agree Aaron. I was kicking myself not getting a fullset Tyler v1 when they started showing up BECAUSE of the paintwork. It is the best I have ever seen both in style and in quality.

This is the sole reason I sprung for this fullset, so it will be disappointing if it turns up like that.

Oh and, still nothing this end. :(

Thanks for the comments Tay. Sorry to hear about the paintjob.

Agree Aaron. I was kicking myself not getting a fullset Tyler v1 when they started showing up BECAUSE of the paintwork. It is the best I have ever seen both in style and in quality.

This is the sole reason I sprung for this fullset, so it will be disappointing if it turns up like that.

Oh and, still nothing this end. :(

Gutted you still don't have it! Man must be agonising

I am definately off to Manchester tonight to pick my set up :yess:

Tyler V1 paint job by Rainman is off the charts and like you was pretty gutted i didnt jump on it also

This needs resolving imo

Well , Teddy has just picked his up and was kind enough to give us a lift to the shop. :lol
We would have been freezing otherwise. :rotfl All for cat litter.

He thought my Stansfields eyes and paint job were great and they probably are. Just me being paranoid. :lol
Right now I have to carefully take him back to the detolf and make sure I don't drop the cig or else I've never find it again. :lol

Back