Rainman's Project (Narrator 1999)... ^L^

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to be fair you can still get the end scene set on its own and just buy the head on its own for an extra 10 dollars

You just take the ht body apart and replace the chest piece, if you look at the rainmans project thread in the last 50 pages or so there are some very good pic instructions of how to do it, its the same as what we all did for Tyler

thanks good to know

Nah, no spare funds and I have to save for what Rainman may do next after Fight Club.

Can't afford one of these every 1-2 months.

if I were in the same situation as you guys, Id settle for the normal clothing + head, and get another additional painted bruised head. I think that will make a better display, as the final clothing set has that exposed leg joints...

i really dont mind exposed joints, its an action figure at the end of the day wont bother me :D

if I were in the same situation as you guys, Id settle for the normal clothing + head, and get another additional painted bruised head. I think that will make a better display, as the final clothing set has that exposed leg joints...

I'm with you on that one bud.

The suit is an easy bash, but I would never display the end scene look anyway.

Meh. If you can't deal with joints, collect statues.

I think this is the old line of thinking for 1/6. With the advancements in the last 3 years, I think the collector base should start expecting to see less and less joints. At least that's the expectation I've come to with the hobby. And the chest piece for Tyler was a great effort of Rainman's part to cover neck joints on an open shirt outfit like his.

Unsightly joints instantly take me out of the realism. :monkey3

I think neck joints do look ugly and i am definately all in favour for the molded neck! However i really want the end scene look and the knee joints will really not bother me in the slightest

Sure joints can be minimized, I'm a big fan of that too. But a lot of people expect too much from custom dollies. They see a joint and then that's all they focus on and they think 'fail'. There just isn't the means to make full rubber bods like HT's 300. And if it is a big deal to you, simply glue the joint in place, fill it in and paint. Problem with realism solved. :cool:

i am thrilled to have this look :banana

ed12.jpg

Back