Rainman's Projects... ^L^

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was initially, but my budget would not allow. Plus have to think what figures Rainman may come out with after the FC ones, and save accordingly.

Thank you though. Much appreciate the kind gesture. :rock

Yours looks excellent by the way bud, glad you love it!

thats too bad, but I think Josh's paint is awesome as well, and I think it will be on par with rainman's paintjob. And I think its better than studio DF's, so I think you made a pretty good choice on skipping the painted sculpt there, mate!

I never bothered thinking of what rainman's gonna do next. Since I wont forgive myself if I let these slipped, as fight club is my favorite movie of all time.

Btw, when are you gonna update your collection thread mate :tap :lol

got my tyler today! as always, pics can't do it justice! amazingggg figure!

screenshot20100204at730.jpg

screenshot20100204at731.jpg

Arrived this morning!!!! :rock

Some boring pics as the head is of course unpainted, but had to share. Had a great level of excitement for this whilst opening. Always do for custom work over official releases.

Bit disappointed in my shirt, wish it had mor colour like the back has. :( Heads are intact and look excellent and the jacket is a real work of art. SO thin, supple and hangs so naturally. Have not put the shoes on yet, or the correct neck piece as that will have to go to the repainter for tone matching.

100_4767.jpg

100_4766.jpg

100_4768.jpg

100_4768.jpg

100_4770.jpg

100_4771.jpg

imgp3563r.jpg

Need to cut the knuckle a little so the ring fits better but overall I'm really happy with the tailoring. The jacket like you guys have said is amazing. Now I just need a new shirt..

If you are planning on selling that shirt if you get a new one, please PM me. :D

Thanks hydeous bud! :rock

thats a really scummy thing to do, buy 2 and then sell both to make a profit, i hope this guy is caught and banned from ever buying from Rainman again! :mad:

I posted those links cause I thought some of you guys here won that auction. And I wish I had gotten those, not because I was a snitch :lol

If you have the original sales list I'm sure you could just look for a buyer from Atlanta, GA and track them down that way as well. With only 15 orders it should be pretty easy.

thats a really scummy thing to do, buy 2 and then sell both to make a profit, i hope this guy is caught and banned from ever buying from Rainman again! :mad:

I remembered early last year when rainman just finished this, and zuno was offering it at the general colletibles thread, but I wasnt interested back then. The whole 15 pieces lasted for quite sometime too, it wasnt as lightning fast as fighter1999..

or is there another way to order anything he offers

Secondary market (eBay or private sale). You've just seen the aftermarket price.

Rainman is not a new artist. His company Elfdoll has been highly regarded in the BJD (ball jointed doll) arena for a long, long time. Nude articulated blank bodies in the BJD realm, which are similar in scale to Sideshow's PF statues, can sell for $300 - 400. So Rainman's established price for complete 1:6 figures is not exorbitant in the context of his other work.

When you try to purchase something from Rainman for your collection of high-end collectibles, it's probably good for your sanity not to compare the cost to, say, a retail release from Hot Toys. Think of it this way: all you're trying to do is obtain one of a signed limited fine art edition from a known artist whose 1:6 works are always limited to 15 or 20, usually with half that release available only to domestic (Korean) art collectors. The frame of reference is really not "collectibles" but other fine art markets -- photographs, lithographs, bronze sculpture and the like. In Korea, figure art is commonly displayed in and sold through art galleries, not stores, and its value is tied directly to the gallery's credibility. Nobody wants a counterfeit. So if you are lucky enough to have a Rainman figure, you just left collecting figures behind and started collecting artists. Congratulations, big spender.

The American seller in question may have been an art speculator, or may have sold due to hardship, or perhaps in order to buy some other high-end figure. We have no way of knowing. As long as the figure is genuine, aftermarket prices enhance the artist's reputation just as in other fine art fields. I doubt that Rainman worries too much about it. You might worry, however, because it will eventually drive his own prices up. But then, it will also raise the resale value of your Rainman original, too.

I was very surprised to learn that any Chaplin v2 figures were sold in America though, as I'd believed that release was without fanfare. I'd thought they were all sold privately. I'm wondering if that's why Zuno asked who the seller is.

Back