Rambo 4 1/6 figure(We need you Hot Toys)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rocky83 I was really looking forward to a Rocky 1 fight gear in the red and gold robe, Rocky II fight gear battle damged and the one Rocky fig that would've made my collection would've been a Rocky 1 street collector fig. Jakks street collector fig was ok, but that's a 6 inch plastic $8 fig. A training gear with Butkas the dog would have been great to. At this point it doesn't look good.

You know the accessories for HT Rocky line were great but if HT can make those really expensive Batpod and Batmobile they could certainly make a Rocky Italian Stallion motorcycle. To bad none of figs I mentioned well ever see the light of day:banghead

the street gear Rocky,ahhh how could i forget that one,yes we need that one too.

Do you have the Jakks figures?I have all sets,from 1-6 to Best of Series 2,i had the Apollo 1/100 but because of money issues i had to sell it,got 500$ back for it,for that price its worth selling and im happy with a Pre and Post fight Apollo that is in Series 1.

the street gear Rocky,ahhh how could i forget that one,yes we need that one too.

Do you have the Jakks figures?I have all sets,from 1-6 to Best of Series 2,i had the Apollo 1/100 but because of money issues i had to sell it,got 500$ back for it,for that price its worth selling and im happy with a Pre and Post fight Apollo that is in Series 1.

Rock83 I have all the Jakks stuff. You know the complete series 1 set is going for about $100-$150 on ebay now. It's sad that the Jakks Rocky line never sold well and continues to go down in value, but I don't collect anything for investment and resale purposes. Whats really interesting is those Jakks Rocky rings are very hard to get now and are going to go way up in price. I haven't seen a Rocky Collectors Ring for sale on ebay in ages, man I should've bought a couple extra collector rings when I had the chance:sick

83 I also bought the 20 inch Rocky statue and all the bobble heads from HC. You should get the new Apollo and Clubber Extreme figs from HC. I think BBTS has them for only $16.99

I also bought both Rocky busts from HC. You know I really didn't wont to purchase the bronze version of the bust because I already had the painted version but I won it from an ebay seller for only $31. I really don't understand why HC didn't release a different pose on the bust or a statue of Apollo and Rocky in an action fight pose. To release the exact same pose and expect collectors to pay $200 is just bad business.

The bottom line to me why Rocky and some other properties don't sell will is because the manufacturers of the collectibles produce the wrong stuff. Take a look at HT rocky line, they start off with Rocky IV, Clubber and the exclusive was clubber street:confused: It should've been Rocky Street collector and Rocky 1 gold and red robe and Apollo should've been the exclusive fig. You open up with those 3 figs and you're going to have a great start:D

Last edited:
Im saving up for a 20" Statue these days,i have the 12" statue allready but i feel like i need a bigger version of it,is it really worth 450$?It seems alot.

i have the HC Bust of Rambo and Rocky,but never cared for the Bronze ones,never liked them,and i dont think they are any popular either as they go for so cheap on ebay,i saw them,the same seller listed 3 of those bronze busts along with the Rambo one,all of them ended under 50$.

Shame that Jakks quit when they did,we didnt need much more,all i felt like having was 2 more series,what i always wanted that we never got was a 3-pack of Rocky 4 BD with Paulie and Duke Cornermen,Rocky and Apollo Sparring from Rocky 3,Adrian with red hat as seen during the fight in Rocky 1,Rocky 4 Indoor training gear,Clubber Lang Blue fight gear Rocky 3,Apollo Creed TRaining Rocky 2.

And Jakks did some terrible decisions,like releasing Mike Tyson,Roberto Duran,3 announcers in Series 5/6 etc...And skipped making any robes for them from Series 3.

Rock83 I bought the 20 inch Statue for $175 on ebay. It didn't come with the box. Some collector displayed it for about six months. I love it but then again I paid less then half price. $450 is a lot. I would wait until someone eventually puts one up for sale, the problem now is that the Statue aren't getting cheaper, I see the 12 in going for $200 now, but you never know, just check ebay everyday, am sure you'll eventually catch a break and get a good deal.

As far as the Jakks goes they made bad decisions that I talked about in my last post, but you know what, at the end of the day you have to appreciate the effort Jakks made, know one else ever attemped it. If you ask me, 60+ figs is a nice run. Always be happy with what you get. I've been a fan of the Rocky series since 1976 and until 2006 the fans had very little to collect, so am happy with Jakks, the complaining about what Jakks didn't release doesn't really do you or anyone any good.

oh yeah i appreciate what jakks gave me,without them i wouldnt have anything.By the way,check these customs i made,i completely changed the Rocky IV Training figure,With snow boots as you can see,normal gloves and Wool on the inside of the jacket too:

Rocky83 those are great customs, fantastic job buddy. You know the two figs that I was most disappointed that Jakks didn't make and I believe they would have been released in the BOS2 are the sparring gear Rocky and Apollo from the end scene in Rocky III. You did a great job on those. If you're interested in making those two figs for me, please send me a PM and we can make a deal. Am not an MOC collector, so I don't need the custom packaging.

BTW I just noticed on my Rocky IV HT that one of the medallions on the championship belt broke off. HT glues them on. Easy fix, just mentioning it because it's probably going to happen to others. I live in Miami, so maybe the humidity had something to do with it.

Last edited:
Hey Sean,any Statue yet?

Tomorrow, it sat in UPS shipping for like 3 days, just shipped Monday. It's been such a strange journey getting this thing, just figured I'd hold off until it was in my hands. I don't remember my Tak Batman order with them going so strangely, but oh well.

He's here finally. Couple quick cell phone images.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Packaging is pretty basic, nothing overly impressive, but no big deal. The piece, compared to other statues on the market, is somewhat crudely painted, but, it's only $150 where a statue this size painted really nicely would like run $250-$300, so for what you pay, it's really nice. The big surprise for me is, the bandana is VERY detailed on the patterning, the paint apps on the machette are fantastic, there's great dirtying on the clothes, but the dirtying on his arms and face is very cartoonish in it's hard defined lines in places, very strange. It seems the painter made a choice to do it that way as the rest of the piece demonstrates ability to paint good dirty. The base is pretty one toned, could look a bit livelier with more variety or some shadow definition, but it's about Rambo.

For what it cost, this is a great RAMBO collectible, I think you'd be happy with what you paid for it. Size wise, it will fit perfectly in with Hot Toys' Rambo collection. I still hope for an actual figure, but at least I can have a Rambo standing up for all 4 films on a shelf now :rock

As far as the sculpt, the only thing I'd say is, the head is a bit elongated. It looks very nicely like Stallone, but because it's a bit longer, it makes him seem a bit younger because slide had a longer, slender face in his youth, but in RAMBO, it looked fuller. The cheeks on the statue are fuller, doesn't look young that way, but the head length creates a bit of an illusion.

cool looking piece,very happy for you:)

The box look exactly like i thought it would be,just like the HC busts,will you do your magic with your camera later on?:D

Of course, I'm keeping him at my office at the moment, and normally I'd shoot him on my lunch break but today I went out for lunch. I'll take some really nice pictures on Monday, I'll also bring in a Hot Toys Rambo to put next to him for comparison.

I'm a little dissappointed with the box, I think something more alive like the Rambo bust box would have been cool. This one is just plain black with the logo and 1 image of the satue and one tiny picture from the film on the back, but the piece is nice, which is what counts.

Everything's got HCG on it though, even the base where the edition number is printed, so even though and outside artist made it, it's under the HCG label.

One surprice to me was the figure being separate from the base, like a lot of SSC statues there's a metal pin in one foot to lock him into the base. Kinda cool if someone ever wanted to make an alternate base for it.

In my joy, I'm listening to my Best of Rambo iTunes mix right now, and I think I'll watch RAMBO tonight :rock

Sounds cool,cant wait for the pics:)

Watched First Blood last night,always a Joy to watch that movie,the atmosphere is just awesome!

First Blood comes first of all Rambo and Rocky movies for me,then Rocky is second with Rocky 4 third.

I'm growing fonder of First Blood, particularly after RAMBO. Rambo 3 came out when I was 5 so it was the only one on TV at the time when my parents would let me watch stuff like that edited for TV, so for years Rambo 3 was the only Rambo I knew, never saw 2 or First Blood until I was like 12, had trouble finding copies at the local rental places. So I grew up with the head band, shirtless, muscle boudn Rambo as what Rambo was too me, plus the old 80's cartoon, and First Blood is totally opposite of the 80s influenced sequels, so to me, of the first 3 it always felt different and like it didn't belong. Between growing up and getting into RAMBO, I've come to appreciate the more realistic aspect of First Blood as RAMBO revived that, and now I appreciate First Blood and Rambo as one type of film, 2 and 3 as another, and the whole series as just a cool story.

Kay-Bee toys store closing sales are having 60% off and they have a ton of the Jakks Rocky Figures...picked up beared training Rocky and Post-fight Rocky 3 Rocky for 2 bucks each. I was tempted to pick up Mike Tyson from Rocky Balboa :lol One of the best sales evah! I picked upa couple McFarlane Spawns too, for less than 3 bucks!

I grew up watching Rocky 3 and 4,as a kid 1 and 2 was so boring to me,besides,which Kid didnt like Mr T and Hogan???
Believe it or not,i got into Rambo about 4 years ago,not sooner.I always knew Rambo but didnt care much for him as a kid.

I grew up watching Rocky 3 and 4,as a kid 1 and 2 was so boring to me,besides,which Kid didnt like Mr T and Hogan???
Believe it or not,i got into Rambo about 4 years ago,not sooner.I always knew Rambo but didnt care much for him as a kid.

Same here with Rocky, but my dad's a big Sly fan too so I grew up with Rocky and Rambo, there's me, 7 years old trying to stick fight with my neighbor :lol I kid you not either, I had this pipe made of wood, bout 1 foot long, just random stuff to play with, and I wanted to use it to play fighting sticks like Rambo haha. I always disliked Rocky 1 and 2, in fact, at first I only bought 3 and 4 on DVD, then once again, getting mature, Rocky Balboa opened me up to the more serious side of Rocky and I've come to appreciate 1, 2 and 6 very much as films, my favorite overall Rocky movies, but I'll take the 3 and 4 fights the most any day.

Agree,anything with big muscles that arent superheroes were always Kids`favourites.Any kid went out to do crazy stuff because of what we saw on tv,and i believe wrestling was the most popular show on tv back then,i remember doing wrestling moves with my brother out in the snow during winter back in 93-95:lol

First blood is the one in the series that isnt like the rest,it doesnt feel like its a part of the Saga when you watch Rambo 2-4,it is so different,and not a Hunter in the jungle kicking ass like the sequels but still...its the best one of them.

I just finished First Blood and i log on here and find your pics,coincidence?Nah dont think so:lol

Amazing shots,it has grown on me a little now,does it look bigger or smaller than the Hot Toys figures?

Amazing shots,it has grown on me a little now,does it look bigger or smaller than the Hot Toys figures?

I'll take an HT Rambo with me to work on Monday and see, but rough estimate, he fits right in with Hot Toys. He'll probably look bulkier, which he kinda should anyway, but where it's a 12" tall statue that represents Stallone's real height and proportions and the HT figures are Stallone heads slapped on a generic body that's shaped to be a 6 foot tall man, some proportions may stand out between them, but I'm pretty confident this statue stood with the HT figures will blend in just fine.

Back