Rambo 4 1/6 figure(We need you Hot Toys)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah im sure it does!These days are pretty hard for me and buy only the stuff i really need,we`ll see...in a month or two i might get it,after seeing your pics its definitely on my wishlist,but not my most wanted.

Ya, I hear ya. Something about having every Rambo represented is a thing for me though. As soon as I got Hot Toys' first figure, I immediately started wishing they'd do each film, and once they did the original First Blood figure, it looked questionable if 3 would ever get made, I was delighted. I still hope to get an HT RAMBO, as it would be more fitting, but at least my shelf will have a solid 12" from every film represented.

I hope you're able to get your hands on one of these someday, would look great on display with a machette replica too.

My first HT figures were Rocky IV and Rambo 2,then Rambo 3,didnt care for the First Blood one at first because i wasnt really into these figures at first,but the interest only grew and now today i have a total of 10 Rambo`s and 6 Rocky`s.If it wasnt for Rocky and Rambo from HT i wouldnt be chatting with you here at this moment because there isnt any other Line that interests me enough to get into 1/6 collecting like the Rocky/Rambo figures did back then.
Ive been having financial problems the last 2-3 months and ive learned that Rocky/Rambo is the only thing worth spending alot of money on,I backed out of TDK and POTC line and i dont even regret it...AT ALL.Superman and Jor El is the only 2 HT figs i own besides Rocky and Rambo,and im very happy with it and know myself that i have a good Rocky and Rambo related collection so getting into another line now that i really dont care about would be just because im bored and need to buy something,but today its easy to recist after what ive been through the last couple of months.

The United Cutlery Machette is terrible by the way,oiled blade and sticky black wrap around the handle,your hands gets all black just touching it,a terrible mistake by UC and they realized that too so they called back all the knives to reproduce them with better quality.

1/6 was an evolution for me. I've been collecting little Hasbro Star Wars figures since I was like 12, as I got older I looked for better quality figures, to some degree Hasbro's 12" figures offered that, but they were mediocre. When Sideshow got the 12" Star Wars licenses, I found them and Hot Toys and Medicom, and finally the figures of a quality I dreamed of for a long time were a reality. I remember how amazed I was to see Rambo, the muscle body was such a new concept for me and I was amazed how great he looked because there were no joints showing, he didn't look like an action figure, he just looked like a real person, but for the cartoonish face, but that early into 1/6 I didn't know what could be done, and up until Rambo 3 I really didn't.

Yeah same,i was new and had only Rocky and 1 rambo for a long time,then it was Rambo 3,Apollo Creed,CLubber Lang,First Blood M60 gunner and only grew from there,the interest went over to other lines after i saw what kind of figures Hot Toys did.

What HT could do if they really love the Rambo franchise like they have proven so far they could make a First Blood Poncho version,dirty and bloodied right arm,and an improved sculpt because to be honest,the First Blood M60 gunner sculpt is terrible.When the M65 Rambo sold good this Poncho version definitely will too!

Ya, I'd like to see FB and FB2 revisited just to have proper sculpts. It's one thing to want to see a finished line like ALIENS updated, but where RAMBO is a mix of great Yulli portraits and earlier stuff that doesn't blend well next to her work, it begs to have a lineup that feels unified. Plus FB2 was done in that orangey color, and even FB is a bronzy tone, I'd like to see both toned like M65 and Rambo 3.

Whats great is that they CAN make this Dirty Poncho Rambo without the other figures loosing their value,because its a very different variant,what is the excuse for Rambo 2?They made a standard one,then a Halo Jumper,they dont have a third possibility for Rambo 2 like First Blood has.

But then again,the Predators have had so many releases with little changes,didnt they have 2 Predators from AVP with the latest only a little cleaner kit?The rest was identical?

So if they Make a Rambo 2 with Singlet for example with improved sculpt it would be acceptable when you see what they did with the predators,but it will never happen with rambo.

They could do a mid movie version of Rambo 2. Since the new Dutch shows HT's added removable overshirts into the muscle body figures, they could make a Rambo with black shirt, tank top on underneath, his bow, knife, new head of course, with black head band (I'd repaint it red), and there you go, quite different from the first one enough to not devalue it.

Thats what we got from the Halo Jumper,the extra head added with the Black headband,the gear is the same so i dont see any reason making a new one...but i dont mind,the more Rambo the better :D

Back