RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

3:10 to Yuma - 6/10

Alot that I liked, also alot I didn't. It started very strong and unraveled a bit as it went along. I liked The Proposition and True Grit alot more as modern Westerns go. Oh and Rango if that counts.

Haywire - 6.5/10

I thought the whole point of this flick was seeing Gina Carano cracking skulls in amazing fight scenes, but there was really only one good one in the entire thing. The rest is just a very basic spy on the run story. Good for a single viewing then you can forget it ever existed.

3:10 to Yuma - 6/10

Alot that I liked, also alot I didn't. It started very strong and unraveled a bit as it went along. I liked The Proposition and True Grit alot more as modern Westerns go. Oh and Rango if that counts.

Well True Grit isn't very "modern" per se. It's based off the original and still takes place back in the day. But if you mean in terms of being released now then I can see that.

Meek's Cuttoff is another one of those modern in the sense that it was released last year. Anything involving the Oregon Trail is an interesting story for the most part. Very minimalistic film but still very good I thought.

Costner's Open Range I think was a very good modern day western of sorts.

Well True Grit isn't very "modern" per se. It's based off the original and still takes place back in the day. But if you mean in terms of being released now then I can see that.

Meek's Cuttoff is another one of those modern in the sense that it was released last year. Anything involving the Oregon Trail is an interesting story for the most part. Very minimalistic film but still very good I thought.

Costner's Open Range I think was a very good modern day western of sorts.

Yes, I just mean made recently. Not taking place modern day.

Thor - 8/10

Love this movie and I can't wait to see the sequel. Thor is probably my favorite among the Avengers.

Will be going to see The Avengers again next week in 2D (they forced us to watch it in crappy reald 3d for the premiere) and hopefully the theater won't be packed with children talking and screaming all the time..

The Avengers - 10/10

I don't give 10s lightly, but this film absolutely 100% deserves it. Comic book perfection.

And do not miss the extra scene during the closing credits. I actually said "Oh my god!" out loud in the theater. :lol

There were two extra scenes. Did you stay for the second one after all the credits?

Just a joke scene, no where near the nerdgasm that erupted during the first scene...

Remember when Tony Stark mentioned he wanted to go to a shawarma place? The Avengers are sitting in a wrecked restaurant, eating their after fight meal, and obviously being in a battle all day has left them fatigued. Captain America is half asleep in his chair, Thor is exhausted, slowley eating a falafel / gyro, etc. The audience (well those that remained) were cracking up.

American Pie Band Camp: 5/10

It had some down right funny parts, but was obvious in parts and just overly echoed the originals. (TBH what can I expect from the fourth in the series, it's a good watch but i'm not in a rush to see it again)

Can't wait to watch Reunion :lol:

The Avengers - 10/10

I don't give 10s lightly, but this film absolutely 100% deserves it. Comic book perfection.

:lecture
My sentiments, exactly. Embraces it's comic book roots, stays smart, the characters actually have character and the action is balls-to-the-wall.

Can't wait to go back.

Thor - 8/10

Love this movie and I can't wait to see the sequel.

Rewatched this one yesterday... and my opinion hasn't changed:

1) Not enough of dialogues, they're short and pretty weak
2) Action scenes are sluggish, visually poor and frequently pretty short

As a result it's not clear on what they spent this much of time cuz in the end you feel cheated.
Film is very beautiful, with wonderful actors and interesting story... But...

Can't rate it higher than 6,5/10.

So far only "Iron Man" and "First Avenger" were able to sustain the right balance in conveying the message and delivering the feelings of the characters through a visual tale. Hope that I'll be able to include "The Avengers" in this meager list after this Sunday.

Back