RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

The Devil Inside - 2/10 (freakin terrible movie, had some interesting ideas that cumlminated in nothing)

Due_Date_Poster.jpg

8/10

I love this movie, RDJ as a neurotic jackass without a suit of armor. :clap

It was better when it was called Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

I love that movie and I don't think I've literally ever heard anyone who doesn't like John Candy but imo, Due Dates got more laughs and is ultimately more entertaining. John Candy's wife is just a sad depressing thing, them drinking Zack's father is funny.

The dictator : 7/10

not as good as Borat but way better than Bruno

I love that movie and I don't think I've literally ever heard anyone who doesn't like John Candy but imo, Due Dates got more laughs and is ultimately more entertaining. John Candy's wife is just a sad depressing thing, them drinking Zack's father is funny.

Cheesus crust.

Chronicle 7.5/10

Loved the concept, although still following along the lines of the typical high school hierarchy and angsty bullied drama, I guess that was the point. Giving these kids powers you have the different social groups, loner/forgotten/abused kid, the All American kid who can do it all, and the self removed, I'm too cool for school kid just to win the girl guy.

Following a certain formula and throwing it a curve ball like super powers is nothing new, but still refreshing from what's become a market of oversaturated hero films.

I do find it hard to believe that only Andrew was curious enough to keep pushing their powers to the limit. It was Steve though who figured out they could fly, but it seems like aside from that, they didn't really care about their powers too much. I'd be friggin psyched, and knowing what I know, (I'm assuming that while the film is grounded in reality, comics to exist in that reality) I'd be trying to pull of some pretty major ____.

Overall though it was fun and the mockumentary style wasn't horrible like most of those films are, but they covered that up pretty well with the fact that Andrew was the one controlling it.

Definitely got a Akira vibe at the end, with Andrew doing some great Tetsuo moments.

Would be nice to see an alternative film to this as if someone else had stumbled upon the hole prior or after the trio did and expand on that person. Much like how they wanted to do the same with Cloverfield, when they mentioned there were other people holding cameras in certain shots.

Haywire 6/10

I like Soderbergh's films because for the most part they're very understated. This one had a nice spy vibe to it but the story wasn't all that interesting. The How and Why that Gina's character is explaining doesn't seem all that gripping. In most action flicks we don't really care, we just want to see action, but this a different type of filmmaker.

I like the lean dialogue throughout the film. Most people complained about Gina's acting. I think it fit the tone just right. You don't expect these government officials and assassins to be full of emotion. They're quick and too the point and Gina did that just right.

The action was good too. It felt real. No, enhanced sound effects for any of the hits, very little blood because the blows are not Superman powered but quick, which means you need a lot of hits to take your opponents down.

I personally liked the music. It fit the tone of the film.

I can totally see Gina playing a character in the Gears of War film if that ever came about.

DVD...? What's that?

BRB.. my timemachine needs to be washed!

I like how the heroes climbed up 2000 steps without being winded.

Yeah that part always cracks me up. Not even a drop of sweat on either one too. If that were me, the robots would've already taken over the entire earth by the time I reached the top. :lol

The Devil Inside - 4/10

What a mess. It actually starts out with an interesting premise but ends up going nowhere, literally. This movie has perhaps the worst ending I've ever seen, in the sense that it has no ending at all. It's as if they couldn't figure out how to resolve the story and decided to just stop in the middle of the third act.

Shame 8.5/10

This is great filmmaking. Fassbender is terrific!

Back