RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Well, yes it was. It became something else, but it's still, at it's core, a prequel, but not a super tied Prequel.
There was originally going to be a prequel. But it became Prometheus. So, Prometheus was never supposed to be the prequel.

Not that it's important now or anything.

I know, but when it became Prometheus..it was no longer a prequel. So, Prometheus was never a prequel. :lol

No. It still is a prequel. Scott said it wasn't a straight up, we have to tie everything together prequel.

But it still is one. It's going to get to Alien. Just not for a bit. Space Jockey is in the movie, set before Alien, it's a prequel.

Intouchables - 10/10
A French film about a paraplegic man, who takes on a poor young man from the Paris suburbs as his caretaker.
This film was absolutely brilliant! The tone is set immediately in the beginning, knowing you're in for a great watch within 2 minutes after the film starts.
The humor and comedy was genuinely funny, and I laughed more and harder than at most films which are actually presented as comedies.
The performances are amazing and pretty much every major character is instantly likeable.

Amazing is all I can say! :bow :bow :bow

Last edited:

Intouchables - 10/10
A French film about a paraplegic man, who takes on a poor young man from the Paris suburbs as his caretaker.
This film was absolutely brilliant! The tone is set immediately in the beginning, knowing you're in for a great watch within 2 minutes after the film starts.
The humor and comedy was genuinely funny, and I laughed more and harder than at most films which are actually presented as comedies.
The performances are amazing and pretty much every major character is instantly likeable.

Amazing is all I can say! :bow :bow :bow

Souds good Ingo. Think I had seen this somewhere on the net or my magazines. Possibly wasn't going to bother but after that review seems like I must.

It was never supposed to be a prequel to Alien.

Yes it was. It just failed so badly that they are trying to cover it up by saying "It was never really supposed to be a prequel".

:)OK...I'm kidding. I haven't seen the movie yet. But the stuff I read does sort of lead me to think that may be the case.

No. It still is a prequel. Scott said it wasn't a straight up, we have to tie everything together prequel.

But it still is one. It's going to get to Alien. Just not for a bit. Space Jockey is in the movie, set before Alien, it's a prequel.

yep, I totally agree. I dont understand why people are getting technical about it. If youve seen it you can tell where there going with it and its going to lead into Alien. I think the people who hated it just rode the hype train for too long. My opinion, but people walk into theaters these days expecting every movie to be amazing instead of just walking in to enjoy a movie experience and taking it for what it is.

yep, I totally agree. I dont understand why people are getting technical about it. If youve seen it you can tell where there going with it and its going to lead into Alien. I think the people who hated it just rode the hype train for too long. My opinion, but people walk into theaters these days expecting every movie to be amazing instead of just walking in to enjoy a movie experience and taking it for what it is.

I believe this to be an over-developed sense of entitlement which seems to be gaining a strong foothold toward becoming the norm in American society.

Or not.

Yes it was. It just failed so badly that they are trying to cover it up by saying "It was never really supposed to be a prequel".

:)OK...I'm kidding. I haven't seen the movie yet. But the stuff I read does sort of lead me to think that may be the case.
I know you're kidding, but still.. The actual movie Prometheus is not a direct prequel to Alien. You don't learn anything about that ship on LV-426. We don't know if the sequels will lead into Alien or not..and I believe Ridley Scott has said that the sequels will only go further away from Alien.

..if you don't go in the movie looking for problems, you won't find any. There's not one "plothole" the movie has that every other film doesn't.

.....how?

I mean I could try and explain my theory but it would be filled with spoilers. I dont know any of the super details that most probably know because ive never read any of the books, or the comics or know anything outside what Ive seen in the movies themselves, but again in my mind by what happened at the end its pretty plain to see what happened becomes what we know. I mean this movie pretty much explained alot of things in my mind. While my theories maybe wrong, I dont see how it cant lead into the Alien film.

You can guess, but we didn't see anything in the movie that would obviously lead to Alien.

I assume you're thinking that Shaw is the Space Jockey from Alien?

Prometheus: 4.5 stars out of 10.

Good visuals & decent action are betrayed by poor scripting, which was really lackluster & poorly executed. It was clunky, full of ridiculous character motivations, lacking in narrative clarity and went downhill into borderline stupidity toward the end. It wasn't a bad movie per se, and in IMAX 3D it was very cool to look at. And it did have a fair amount of intrigue and action...but it's all triggered by a lot of smart people doing a lot of very dumb things. I expect more than that from a Ridley Scott movie...that kind of stuff belongs in a teenage horror movie. The only questions I was left asking were "what the hell were you people thinking?"

Back