RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

I still get a kick outta the amazing amount of 10's on this site.

Voorhees27 -
in_a_van_down_by_the_river.jpg
/10

Hugo: 8/10

The visuals were absolutely stunning!I enjoyed it more than i thought i would.

^^^

Hugo was REALLY well done. A little slow at times but I thought Sacha Baron Cohen's portrayal of the bus station constable quietly stole the show.

PROMETHEUS: 7/10

Design: 10/10
Cinematography: 9/10
Visuals/FX: 9/10 (except for Weyland's laughable old age makeup)
Acting: 6/10 overall
Directing: 7.5/10
Editing: 6/10
Script: 4/10

Prometheus - 6.5 out of 10

Script is awful but Ridley is in top form here. I'd even say it's some of if not his best camera work in any of his films.

Battle Royale 8/10 Excellent movie.

Great movie indeed.

The scene towards the end where the Principal(If that was what he was) gets shot and thought was dead is one of the funniest scenes ive ever seen.He gets up just like that and first thing he thinks about is to answer his Phone,the way that scene was done was hilarious:lol

Planes, Trains and Automobiles: 8/10
Great comedy and a movie that is really good for any occassion :rock

Prometheus: 8/10
I think this score could go up with another viewing, or depending on how this story sets up any future sequels. But what was there was very good and definitely worth the watch :rock

Great movie indeed.

The scene towards the end where the Principal(If that was what he was) gets shot and thought was dead is one of the funniest scenes ive ever seen.He gets up just like that and first thing he thinks about is to answer his Phone,the way that scene was done was hilarious:lol

Lol it seemed anyone that got shot had super human powers and took a while to die. That was indeed a funny scene though.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles: 8/10
Great comedy and a movie that is really good for any occassion :rock

Agreed. Although i'd give it a nine.

Sherlock Holmes (2009) BD 8/10 Another awesome movie.

I still get a kick outta the amazing amount of 10's on this site.

It isn't surprising. People tend to watch only those movies that they think they'll like, and tend to watch the stuff they love repeatedly. Even with honest ratings, that inflates the system.

I don't think I've rated much under a 6. I avoid movies that I figure would be under a 6 -- who has the time for that? Most of my ratings are in the 8 or 9 range -- because I watch movies I think I'll like, and I'm right more often than not. To me, 9.5s and 10s are movies that I'd gladly rewatch repeatedly. There are quite a few that make the cut.

SnakeDoc

Prometheus sadly 7.5/10
I had higher hopes and there is a lot that's very good about this movie such as visuals, acting, and an ambitious premise. But some of the storytelling just ends up being muddled and rushed. I think it needed another half hour and better narrative connective tissue especially for the mythos. You can't simply count on the fact that there will be a sequel although it's set up for one. still look forward to getting this on 3D blu-ray for more viewing, extras, commentary, etc.

It isn't surprising. People tend to watch only those movies that they think they'll like, and tend to watch the stuff they love repeatedly. Even with honest ratings, that inflates the system.

I don't think I've rated much under a 6. I avoid movies that I figure would be under a 6 -- who has the time for that? Most of my ratings are in the 8 or 9 range -- because I watch movies I think I'll like, and I'm right more often than not. To me, 9.5s and 10s are movies that I'd gladly rewatch repeatedly. There are quite a few that make the cut.

SnakeDoc

Gotta agree with Snake here, most of the time i'm pretty good at avoiding films I know I won't enjoy. Hell, some of the films people rate in her alone I can tell are gonna be horrible just by the titles.

"Troll 2: 2/10 What a piece of ____."

It's like, what were you expecting? An engaging piece of storytelling that sticks with you? :lol :dunno

Gotta agree with Snake here, most of the time i'm pretty good at avoiding films I know I won't enjoy. Hell, some of the films people rate in her alone I can tell are gonna be horrible just by the titles.

"Troll 2: 2/10 What a piece of ____."

It's like, what were you expecting? An engaging piece of storytelling that sticks with you? :lol :dunno

Thats a good point. people that post like that generally aren't just critical of a movie (which is cool), they're generally inflammatory like they're trying to troll for reaction.

Stake land. 8/10

Loved this movie. Picked it up yesterday for a great price and I'm really glad I did. This is probably my favorite vampire movie now. The problem I usually have with them is that they tend to focus on fighting the vampires with cool moves , running and screaming. This instead focused on the actual characters and how the world around them was falling apart and affecting them. The characters were all likeable and I was surprised at how good some of the performances were. The lead was a bad ass and that always helps with vampire movies , the soundtrack was great and I thought some of the cinematography was excellent , some really beautiful shots when the group were hiking through the woods. Well worth a watch if you haven't seen this. It seems to be a love it or hate it movie looking at reviews , I loved it.

Thats a good point. people that post like that generally aren't just critical of a movie (which is cool), they're generally inflammatory like they're trying to troll for reaction.

I disagree. Rating Avengers, or Dark Knight, or Schindler's List, or some other widely renown movie a 2/10 and calling it a "piece of ____" is trolling for reaction.

Rating "Troll 2" a 2/10 and referring to it as "____" is an honest rating ... it is just an honest rating that should be met with "you got what you paid for", and begs the question "why the hell did you watch Troll 2?"

SnakeDoc

Back