RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

It isn't surprising. People tend to watch only those movies that they think they'll like, and tend to watch the stuff they love repeatedly. Even with honest ratings, that inflates the system.

I don't think I've rated much under a 6. I avoid movies that I figure would be under a 6 -- who has the time for that? Most of my ratings are in the 8 or 9 range -- because I watch movies I think I'll like, and I'm right more often than not. To me, 9.5s and 10s are movies that I'd gladly rewatch repeatedly. There are quite a few that make the cut.

SnakeDoc

Gotta agree with Snake here, most of the time i'm pretty good at avoiding films I know I won't enjoy. Hell, some of the films people rate in her alone I can tell are gonna be horrible just by the titles.

"Troll 2: 2/10 What a piece of ____."

It's like, what were you expecting? An engaging piece of storytelling that sticks with you? :lol :dunno

Thats a good point. people that post like that generally aren't just critical of a movie (which is cool), they're generally inflammatory like they're trying to troll for reaction.

I can understand blatant trolling, but I dont think its a matter of trolling some people just have a wide variety of taste as far as movies go. I for example am a huge horror fan and I watch anything and almost everything I can horror related. I actually watch alot of those syfy channel movies and beleive me do you think I watch those expecting a oscar award winning movie...no way I know its going to be crap, but you have to take it for what its worth considering the genre.

Its like what I always say about people who dont watch a lot of horror. I generally will ignore someones review on horror when I know there not a big fan of horror and dont really watch enough of it to give a real gauge in the sense of what is good horror and what is bad.

Ive rated a few really crappy movies and gave them scores from a 6 to a 0 and those zeros are just me saying its unwatchable. Is it a bad movie sure and a complete waste of my time yes, but I still watched it. Now a movie that I might watch and score a 5, as stated by you guys you wouldnt even attempt apparently. While thats cool and I understand but again in that genre of film a 5 might be a crap movie but its still watchable and you can get some enjoyment out of it even if it is a "great" film. Half of my dvd collection would probably be considered crap by most people. To each their own, and obviously this is just my opinion guys :wave

The Hammer - 8/10

Really good movie based on the true story of Matt Hamill thru his college wrestling career and basically onto the UFC. A good over all movie.

Just got done seeing Requiem for a Dream and wow. . . all I really can say. The movie has just been sitting in my head for the past twenty mins. The ending was something else and it leaves a certain feeling inside of you after you watch it. 8/10

Prometheus 8/10

Very good movie. Michael Fassbender was incredible as David.

Alien3 - 7.5/10
It was the first time that I watched the special/redone edition.
It had lots of added scenes and the dog alien is born from a cow this time. I liked it better than the theatrical version.

Halo Legends - 7.5/10

Lovely art direction, variety of animation styles was brilliant. Very interesting origin stories, but the rest felt out of place in the Halo universe. Would've preferred to see more origin stories, but still fantastic!

Prometheus - 8/10

Still just as good the second time around...plus the 3D added a little extra to it.

Alien3 - 7.5/10
It was the first time that I watched the special/redone edition.
It had lots of added scenes and the dog alien is born from a cow this time. I liked it better than the theatrical version.

:exactly: The Assembly Cut makes the film much better.

Not sure the last rating I put in the thread, but here are the ones for the "summer" theatrical movies.

The Hunger Games 7.5/10

Wrath of the Titans 5/10

The Cabin in the Woods 6/10

The Raven 6/10

The Avengers 8/10

Dark Shadows 5/10

The Dictator 4/10

Men in Black 3 6/10

Snow White and the Huntsman 5.75/10

Prometheus 6/10

Grizzly Man ... what a retard/10. The true story of an anti-social, manic-depressive, paranoid, whiny little fruitcake that thinks he is friends with grizzly bears -- until he gets eaten by one. Amusing plot twist, there.

I got bored with it and didn't watch the whole thing, so I won't actually give it a number rating.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

Prometheus - 6/10

Can't say I left the theater thinking "that was a prequel story worth telling."

Man the numbers given for Prometheus all over the place. Have not had a chance to see it yet but I will for sure at some point.

Safe - 5.1/10 - Nothing great about the movie, but it didn't suck so I left it on the positive side of the median.

Can't say I left the theater thinking "that was a prequel story worth telling."

:exactly:

Prometheus - 4/10 - I could hardly stay interested in the story, sad face.

On a different note, Madagascar 3 - 6/10 - nothing special but all the kids in the theater thought it amazing.

Madagascar 3 - 6/10. With the positive reviews, I have to say I was a bit underwhelmed. There's a couple excellent scenes, but overall pretty standard stuff. It didn't help that while Cohen might have started the Julius character, the guy doing it on the tv show is ten times better. Kowalski's voice was also distracting - not sure why they didn't get the tv guy - and no real Rico, almost no Private. Weird voice for Mort too - the tv show has me spoiled.

It precedes Alien.

John Carter of Mars 6/10. I liked it. It could have been better but I enjoyed it. They def could make a sequel but with the amount of money they lost I won't hold my breath.

Back